Are all soldiers like the Nazis?

Originally Posted by Randwolf
@SAM - a soldier is, however, taught the difference between a "legal" and an "illegal" order

Does the irony of killing another human being being legal ever strike anyone?

Does the necessity of killing another human being in order to survive ever strike anyone as something that should be legal?

Or should we all lay our weapons down and hope the other side does the same? Immediately preceding annihilation, of course... :rolleyes:

How many people have you killed to survive?

First of all, I'm not going to tell you.

Second of all, why would the exact number matter? The way I would answer your question would be "as many as necessary."

How many, exactly, would you kill to save your daughters / parents, etc?

Meaning, if you know you have the power to save your relative's lives, but you also know that you have to take another's life in order to do so...

Would you do it? And don't play your stupid cat and mouse games here, just answer the question. Would you kill to save you or your family's lives? Yes or no? $5.00 says you don't answer this...:rolleyes:

Would you kill to save you or your family's lives? Yes or no? $5.00 says you don't answer this...

Only if attacked. I would not however, make a career out of it and dedicate my life to killing people.

Nor would I kill random strnagers because some politician decided it was a good idea.

Perhaps its necessary to target the mentality of those who believe it is necessary to kill others to survive.

By your logic, all Americans should be targeted for their tendency to vote in politicians that go around bombing people around the world.

Do you think killing Americans would make it less likely that they would be occupying and destroying countries? :rolleyes:

Posted by Randwolf

Would you kill to save you or your family's lives? Yes or no? $5.00 says you don't answer this..
Originally Posted by S.A.M.
Only if attacked. I would not however, make a career out of it and dedicate my life to killing people. Perhaps its necessary to target the mentality of those who believe it is necessary to kill others to survive.

We just did - we attacked "the mentality of those who believe it is necessary to kill others to survive." In your case, it comes down to "only if attacked". Easy battle to win... :D

Since we're making progress, define "attacked". To you, it would seem to encompass only your immediate family. What about your country? Do you feel any need to defend this arbitrary "line in the sand"? Or should you go ahead and let others with less morals destroy your homeland?

Would you defend your country with deadly force? (Double or nothing for answering this direct question $$$)

Also, I appreciate the straight up answer, probably the first in any conversation I have had with you. Please send wire instructions for the $5.00 ;)

Only if attacked. I would not however, make a career out of it and dedicate my life to killing people.

Nor would I kill random strnagers because some politician decided it was a good idea.

Perhaps its necessary to target the mentality of those who believe it is necessary to kill others to survive.

By your logic, all Americans should be targeted for their tendency to vote in politicians that go around bombing people around the world.

Do you think killing Americans would make it less likely that they would be occupying and destroying countries? :rolleyes:

Nice job of beating the "Edit Time" SAM!

We just did - we attacked "the mentality of those who believe it is necessary to kill others to survive." In your case, it comes down to "only if attacked". Easy battle to win... :D

Since we're making progress, define "attacked". To you, it would seem to encompass only your immediate family. What about your country? Do you feel any need to defend this arbitrary "line in the sand"? Or should you go ahead and let others with less morals destroy your homeland?

Would you defend your country with deadly force? (Double or nothing for answering this direct question $$$)

Also, I appreciate the straight up answer, probably the first in any conversation I have had with you. Please send wire instructions for the $5.00 ;)

What if its my own countrys soldiers attacking me? Then what? Who am I supposed to go and kill? Who would you pick?

No kidding. :rolleyes:

Yeah! You know very well that I disagree with the war in Afghanistan but that doesn't mean I don't believe in Western troops, nor am I am pacifist.

The issue of Afghanistan and Iraq or even Palestine has little to do with the faux question you ask:

'Are All Soldiers like the Nazis?'

So I ask you:

Is the Palestinian who blows himself as well as others to smithereens a nazi?

Since the large amount of deaths in Pakistan and Afghanistan are due primarily to anti-government forces, doesn't it make them 'nazi's'?

If you say yes to the above, then why is it you don't ask them to lay down their arms and stop fighting?

If the answer is no you will have to explain what you mean by 'all soldiers are nazis'.

Yeah! You know very well that I disagree with the war in Afghanistan but that doesn't mean I don't believe in Western troops, nor am I am pacifist.

The issue of Afghanistan and Iraq or even Palestine has little to do with the faux question you ask:

'Are All Soldiers like the Nazis?'

So I ask you:

Is the Palestinian who blows himself as well as others to smithereens a nazi?

Since the large amount of deaths in Pakistan and Afghanistan are due primarily to anti-government forces, doesn't it make them 'nazi's'?

If you say yes to the above, then why is it you don't ask them to lay down their arms and stop fighting?

If the answer is no you will have to explain what you mean by 'all soldiers are nazis'.

If, they are doing it because they are wearing an ideology, carrying a gun and following orders, then yes, just like nazis, they are doing their "job" as they see fit.

We covered this...

What if the politician convinced you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that killing these strangers would save your immediate family? No way out of that, SAM, just answer yes...

We covered this...

Sure - target away... Meanwhile, we will be protecting our immediate families, along with our national boundaries. Good luck trying to defeat us... :D

What?

Oh wait... NO!

If, they are doing it because they are wearing an ideology, carrying a gun and following orders, then yes, just like nazis, they are doing their "job" as they see fit.

Well perhaps there are other values other than 'ideology', I mean wars are fought for some very concrete reasons, not just in the name of ideology and you are naive if you think this isn't the case. Considering the answer you gave it would seem that all the soldiers are on a level playing field after all for the Palestinians it would be statehood and for the Taliban it would be power.

If this is the case what exactly is your solution?

wars are fought for some very concrete reasons, not just in the name of ideology

By whom? The foot soldiers who follow orders? They have other than ideological reasons for killing strangers? Like what?

If this is the case what exactly is your solution?

Whats the problem here? What are you trying to solve?

I'm exploring why soldiers of any hue are seemingly unthinking pawns

What if its my own countrys soldiers attacking me? Then what? Who am I supposed to go and kill? Who would you pick?
/patiently
SAM, why do you think that the American constitution provides for a militia, (2nd amendment) from whence comes our "right to bear arms"?

It was not meant to strike dead enemy nations, but rather for defense in case of our "own countrys soldiers attacking" the populace.

Perhaps you are not as familiar with our country's constitution as you think you are... :confused:

/patiently
SAM, why do you think that the American constitution provides for a militia, (2nd amendment) from whence comes our "right to bear arms"?

It was not meant to strike dead enemy nations, but rather for defense in case of our "own countrys soldiers attacking" the populace.

Perhaps you are not as familiar with our country's constitution as you think you are... :confused:

No I'm just seeing more circles within circles. Would a soldier disobey a direct order to bomb a location where he has a relative?

So then this would be true of the men who served their nations during WW2 against the Nazi onslaught? What should the Russians have done? The British during bombing raids? What should the Americans have done? Nothing?

It took brave men to storm Normandy knowing that most of them would meet their death. They must have done so for a reason no? I think it was indeed a noble endeavor. If they were born cowards then we would all grow up with a Sieg Heil.

In the present circumstances in Afghanistan and Iraq I think it was a mistake, like Vietnam these are bad wars. However I do think that the West does have a problem with muslim Jihadists and it is something we will have to confront but there are better ways of doing this than engaging ourselves in Afghanistan.

The second World War was the last *necessary* war when our sovereignty was potentially under threat and we were attacked by the Japanese. All American wars after that time were against individuals who had never done a single bad thing to us and who posed no threat to us in any way whatsoever. Our country was not in peril, and our "freedom" didn't need defending. That's a self-serving rationalization used by greedy warbots.

In the mean time, anyone who signs up for military service TODAY, for any reason whatsoever, is an accomplice to murder. That's a fact. People who never once did a single thing to harm us are being killed over in Iraq by greedy foreign invaders. By signing up for military service, you are adding yourself to that pool of greedy foreign invaders, and furthering their cause. That's not heroic... that's SICK. How much is a career worth to you in gallons of human blood?

By whom? The foot soldiers who follow orders? They have other than ideological reasons for killing strangers? Like what?

Whats the problem here? What are you trying to solve?

I'm exploring why soldiers of any hue are seemingly unthinking pawns

Like defending loss of life, loss of land or territory, ideals and values that are being threatened.

Well they are not unthinking pawns, the fact that you say that shows you don't know many if any.

It is you that seem to have the problem Sam? That's why I ask if you have any solutions.

Willnever:
Thanks for that, Willnever. Always good to hear from an expert. :rolleyes:

Nonsense. Many people in the military never kill anybody throughout their entire career.
You're just making this stuff up, aren't you? It's laughable. Maybe you ought to, like, talk to at least one soldier sometime.

You're almost as bad as SAM.

What I did was to correctly define what the military is all about. The world is filled with sick barbarians, and that includes Americans. Obviously, not having an army in the face of that reality would be suicide. That does not legitimize the military however, nor does it redefine military service as something "noble."

Back