Any atheists here who were once believers?

Sorry, I should have said ''If the darwinian mechanism is true.....''

It's called "Evolution", Jan. It is a fact. Get with the program.

(Q) are you a sociopath?

No Jan, it is you believers who are sociopaths, you have no morals or ethics, you will lie and deceive at any time and for any reason. Your posts here are proof of that.

It's called "Evolution", Jan. It is a fact. Get with the program.

No Jan, it is you believers who are sociopaths, you have no morals or ethics, you will lie and deceive at any time and for any reason. Your posts here are proof of that.
"Pick on Jan" day!

Well would you come onboard and help us rewrite Genesis? The boat "New Genesis" has the boilers fired up and it is about to steam off. Will you be left behind? Left behind with your old baggage?

This was my whole point to begin with. One has to change the scripture to accommodate darwinian ideas.
At least try and understand genesis as it is written, before changing it.

I'm not saying you are wrong for what you believe, I'm saying that your theism is based on your idea of God.

jan.

What do you mean?

jan.
Everyday God's creation is evolving into something new.
"Look around you today, at the new things being created, and understand how it is happening."

Everyday there is a change - drug resistance, new viruses, adaptations, new niches. Disasters wiping out parts of populations.
You will understand evolution before the week is out!

Everyday God's creation is evolving into something new.
"Look around you today, at the new things being created, and understand how it is happening."

Everyday there is a change - drug resistance, new viruses, adaptations, new niches. Disasters wiping out parts of populations.
You will understand evolution before the week is out!

I don't believe one kind of animal changes into another.
Can you prove that occurs by the week is out?

jan.

While I’ve learned much from all of you here, I was hoping I’d get more in the way of de-conversion stories from former theists. :(

The OT has all but vanished.

So tired of Christian 'evangelizing.'

While I’ve learned much from all of you here, I was hoping I’d get more in the way of de-conversion stories from former theists. :(

Hey there is only about 20 that read this thread.
Well few more 61 in fact. Some will be anonymous e.g Spider

"river, ForrestDean, Combo, GeoffP, geek, stu43t, sideshowbob, Janus58, Stanley, Coltephilos, James R, ALEXSANDRO ALMEIDA, Crunchy Cat, birch, Anew, brucep, Dracs007, aaqucnaona, Fraggle Rocker, Tiassa, Thomo, Yazata, paddoboy, Pete, Sarkus, common_sense_seeker, billvon, madanthonywayne, arauca, UncleChrist, kwhilborn, EchoFully, Mazulu, Saturnine Pariah, lightgigantic, elte, Magical Realist, Gremmie, wynn, Captain Kremmen, quinnsong, geeser, Balerion, Aqueous Id, OriginalBiggles, Robittybob1*, dumbest man on earth, wegs"

Last edited:
This was my whole point to begin with. One has to change the scripture to accommodate darwinian ideas.
At least try and understand genesis as it is written, before changing it.
You have to change the scripture before Darwin even came around. You have to scrap the flat earth, make the rivers in Eden connect, give a fish a way to swim from the Levant all the way around Africa to get up the Tigris-Euphrates to Nineveh (regardless of its payload), fix the succession of kings in the era of Cyrus, and make Jesus' family line match in the two different versions given. Of course you have to do a lot more than that. But certainly by the time Magellan circumnavigated the Earth you would have to scrap the flat earth account. Then when the tablets at Nineveh were uncovered revealing the Enuma Elish epic, you would have to revise the story of Noah. Also Adam becomes Gilgamesh and is the creation of the forces of wind and wave etc. personified by Marduk, Tiamat and the Sumerian pantheon as opposed to Yahweh and the Canaanite pantheon (Elohim). Of course you would want to correct the bogus translations. Gen 1 would have to be revised to say "Once upon a time the gods created the sky and the ground". That would be the appropriate place to insert the original (to the Bible) creation myth found in the Enuma Elish epic. In fact there are times all throughout history when things were discovered that would lead to a cause for updating the Bible.

If you're reading it for truth, that is. I guess it depends on the reader's goals. :rolleyes:

I guess there's not much to say when it comes to ''de-conversion stories''

Do you think that maybe you didn't really believe in God, in the first place. That you believed in an idea of God?

jan.

Hey there is only about 20 that read this thread.

20 what?

Mildly done, fine. But, this entire thread is becoming overrun by Christian evangelizing.
If those doing it only knew how insulting it is, maybe they’d stop.

You have to change the scripture before Darwin even came around. You have to scrap the flat earth, make the rivers in Eden connect, give a fish a way to swim from the Levant all the way around Africa to get up the Tigris-Euphrates to Nineveh (regardless of its payload), fix the succession of kings in the era of Cyrus, and make Jesus' family line match in the two different versions given. Of course you have to do a lot more than that. But certainly by the time Magellan circumnavigated the Earth you would have to scrap the flat earth account. Then when the tablets at Nineveh were uncovered revealing the Enuma Elish epic, you would have to revise the story of Noah. Also Adam becomes Gilgamesh and is the creation of the forces of wind and wave etc. personified by Marduk, Tiamat and the Sumerian pantheon as opposed to Yahweh and the Canaanite pantheon (Elohim). Of course you would want to correct the bogus translations. Gen 1 would have to be revised to say "Once upon a time the gods created the sky and the ground". That would be the appropriate place to insert the original (to the Bible) creation myth found in the Enuma Elish epic. In fact there are times all throughout history when things were discovered that would lead to a cause for updating the Bible.

If you're reading it for truth, that is. I guess it depends on the reader's goals. :rolleyes:

Sure thing AId.

jan.

Do you think that maybe you didn't really believe in God, in the first place. That you believed in an idea of God?

jan.

I honestly don't know what to say, Jan.

No one has ever asked me that. :(

I honestly don't know the answer to this. :(

20 what?

Mildly done, fine. But, this entire thread is becoming overrun by Christian evangelizing.
It is a conversation that has gone on and developed. You can try and bring it back on course. But we have been discussing/showing that Jesus was a theist who became an atheist, so it was rather on topic wasn't it.

20 what?

Evangelise:

Convert or seek to convert (someone) to Christianity.
Preach the Christian gospel.

That's a bit of an exajuration don't you think?

jan.

Back