Animals brought back to life

It was strange to me because I can not remember the aliens, only the box of insects. I guess all dreams can be considered strange. :rolleyes:

How old are you?

I'm sensitive to giving out my age. How rude!

Guess I should of stated that I knew that aliens gave me a box, but can not remember what they look like. You would think I would remember that!

In other words you don't know for certain that it was the same ant. You don't even know for certain it was the the "same spot". (Did you you take measurements to verify this?).

What would you do with someone who makes such ridiculous claims?

Yes I am certain because it was laying next to something else, a corner and a wall. I don't need measurements to were a ant's dead body may have moved around from to know its the same ant. If it wasn't the same ant it was still a dead ant. ;)

I've watched the video and it doesn't look like the ant is alive it just looks like you are blowing it around.

Yes I am certain because it was laying next to something else, a corner and a wall. I don't need measurements to were a ant's dead body may have moved around from to know its the same ant.
You're certain it was the same ant.

If it wasn't the same ant it was still a dead ant. ;)
But it may not have been.

Okay...

Are you on day release from the psychiatric ward?

I've watched the video and it doesn't look like the ant is alive it just looks like you are blowing it around.

Can you post a link? I can't find it. It seems to be gone, or at least at the url I'm looking there is no vid..

You're certain it was the same ant.

But it may not have been.

Okay...

Are you on day release from the psychiatric ward?

No I'm pretty certain the ants were dead. Also I do understand your skepticism. Its my fault for not doing a better video of the thing in the first place and I will try to bring fourth better evidence to what I'm claiming.

And now you're only "pretty certain" they were dead.
This gets funnier.

I hope we can keep you, you're an amusing pet.

in the first video near the ending it was moving around. However when I reached for the magnifine glass to show this which i should of thought of using in the first place, it stopped recording. So than i started the recording on the second video. Did you watch the second video with the better view?

I thought it showed the ant moving around its head.

Well I will try to get better recorded stuff here. Maybe I need to go to someone and bring it up who can help me with better quality controlled stuff to bring here. I do plan on sharing and video taping what I claim to everyones satisfaction.

Let me allow you to know I am familiar with nerves moving animals after death. This was not just twitching though or muscle spasms, it was alive. and the ant was dead before. I call something dead, when you move it around and it doesn't respond for long periods of time. the ant was not chilled or stiffen from some extoskeltal problem(its not a fossil shrimp you add water to), other ants were moving around it just fine for the environment. Also the other ants were dead for days laying in the same spot. Although it did not have a special lable saying "hey its still me", I can tell by the area it stayed in that its the same one. I did not put a camera on it to make sure the entire time because it was not planned out.

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve in a controlled enviromental way, please make suggestions. I'm all ears!

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve in a controlled enviromental way, please make suggestions. I'm all ears!

Well, for one thing, use the macro setting on your camera if it has one.
Secondly, what are you doing when you're trying to focus the camera on the ant? It looks like you're just zooming in.. (is that a phone you're using?)
Also, make one video of the entire event (no seperate videos).
In the second video it looks like the ant might be moving (although it could also be the distortion from the magnifying glass playing tricks on your eyes), but we can't tell whether or not that is even the same ant. For all we know you got a 'fresh one' and crippled it.

By the way.. You don't really believe you can bring back to life ants, do you?

Secondly, what are you doing when you're trying to focus the camera on the ant? It looks like you're just zooming in.. (is that a phone you're using?)
In the second video it looks like the ant might be moving (although it could also be the distortion from the magnifying glass playing tricks on your eyes), but we can't tell whether or not that is even the same ant. For all we know you got a 'fresh one' and crippled it.

Why not, just focus on something a little larger? Maybe a mouse or something?

I looked at the second video - I have no rational expanation why I would do such a thing - and the from the first frame it clearly looks like a crippled ant. No resurrection, no mysetery, just a continuous video of a cripled ant. I don't think you are an ant jesus raisning the dead, I think you are an ant sadist.:bawl:

Hello, How do people feel about bringing something that has been dead for several days back to life?

Neutral.

I did this by accident one day sitting down and letting out my breath. On the counter next to me my breath blew a dead ant around across the counter. Than it started to move around. It look for all appearances alive.

I did this again with a friend to show him what I did and see what they thought. So I found another dead ant that had been laying around for days and blew on it. I was embarassed at first as a dead body just moved around by my breath this still body around. Suddenly though it popped up, its head started to move around and body started to move as it went up on its little legs.

Could I have somehow brought this critter back to life?

Nope.

Does anyone else have another idea what could be happening?

I watched the videos. It looks like an injured ant was unconscious (it possibly went into hibernation due to injury). Being blown around probably caused enough sensory pain that consciousness was restored.

Not sure since people seem to think they could just be knocked out or in somekind of hybernation. Doubtful to me, they appeared dead to me. I really am starting to feel like a ant sadist though.:rolleyes:

maybe I will turn to something bigger. too bad I didn't try something with the rats I came across in my yard months ago.

there will be another time for me to video something that is for sure obvious to the viewer is dead and I will attempt to try this blowing on the critter. If nothing becomes of it ! I will give up my so called nonsense and admit to being fooled somehow. :eek:

Perhaps he can only 'bring back' ants.. lol
I will probably be able to fake a more convincing video by the way.

Well I did mention earlier to my failings and how I knew this would be picked apart. So yeah, I believe you could do better.

I'm not an expert at filming. I just have zooming abilities with this camera which video tapes. its a ge 10.1 mega pixel. I'm lucky to have it at all in order to try and share here.

Back