Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
speak for yourself man, i love sex just the way it is! lol...if anything god could make it even better. :D
Exactly my point Lori, its so good we HAVE to do it! :D

in my mind, it's impossible to isolate this issue in regards to the way we live our lives, and our values, as a whole. everything influences everything else, and it all compounds exponentially. i'm an idealist. i wouldn't envision changing this one thing, everything else remaining constant. i can though envision god blowing the whole thing up and starting over again though with a select group of people who are committed to change.
Thats a very rational appraisal. :) This G_d seems to be the flawed G_d of the Gnostics.

In my opinion, telling people to never have sex unless they want a child in case they make one by accident is about as reasonable as telling people they should shoot through the door whenever the doorbell rings JUST IN CASE the caller is an axe wielding murderer. :)

Sadly, Lori, a lot of this knowledge was initiated, gathered and stimulated in medical attempts to help woman who could not naturally conceive, no matter how much they loved G_d. :m:

well with so many unwanted babies in the world, what's the big deal?

well with so many unwanted babies in the world, what's the big deal?
Its obviously a very big deal to the woman in question. And yes, sometimes the overflow from the loins of strangers, can satisfy this yearning somewhat. :m:

well it is inefficient, and if i'm not mistaken the inefficiency is determined by some form of morality. funny...

You are mistaken.

The efficiency of a system is entirely determined by those who analyze it, and no more. You're attributing human perspectives to a process....

well it's a value for life, or of life, and i was suggesting that if you could assign one to an individual person, you could also assign one to the natural process itself, and ironically, not interfere with it.

Just because you can assign a value to a member, it doesn't follow that the assignment of that value to the class is valid. In fact, it's fallacious...

Why should a woman have a baby just so an infertile woman can have that healthy white newborn who looks somewhat like her own??

It's no one's moral obligation to have a baby for someone else. Let her be a little less selfish and adopt an older infant if she wants a baby that badly.

Finding a mate on the internet is for losers:rolleyes: If you want to judge things from a purely puerile point of view.

Interesting. I don't consider anything I do sexually as being 'dirty'. The christians really fucked you up didn't they. I mean what is 'dirty' exactly? Fellatio? Anal? Kissing? Pouring honey over yourself? What makes a sex act dirty? But you don't need to answer any of that as you reveal more than you probably would like to...which is why I call you neurotic. Dirty indeed! You speak about suffering but you seem to be the only one who's afflicted.

oh, i thought you were talking about dirt. my bad. :D

"the christians" you refer to didn't fuck me up, they turned me off.

hm...what makes a sex act "dirty"? i would say a lack of love, and i'm not talking about the emotion. i'm referring to the way we value ourselves and others.

You are mistaken.

The efficiency of a system is entirely determined by those who analyze it, and no more. You're attributing human perspectives to a process....

well, i'm an accountant so i was thinking more from a financial perspective. :shrug:

Why should a woman have a baby just so an infertile woman can have that healthy white newborn who looks somewhat like her own??

It's no one's moral obligation to have a baby for someone else. Let her be a little less selfish and adopt an older infant if she wants a baby that badly.

fine...good point. i'm just talking supply and demand here.

Just because you can assign a value to a member, it doesn't follow that the assignment of that value to the class is valid. In fact, it's fallacious...

the biological process is pretty impressive, coupled with the social and emotional implications. it's all very beautiful and meaningful imo.

well, i'm an accountant so i was thinking more from a financial perspective. :shrug:

Fair enough.

But surely you must understand that there is no 'nature' perspective? It's a process; it doesn't care about how difficult, or expensive it might be to reach goal X. In fact, it doesn't "care" at all. Nor does it have any goals...

It seems to me that your disdain for abortion has more to do with humans, than it does with 'nature'....

the reason i would value the member is the same reason i would value the class.

Fair enough.

But surely you must understand that there is no 'nature' perspective? It's a process; it doesn't care about how difficult, or expensive it might be to reach goal X. In fact, it doesn't "care" at all. Nor does it have any goals...

It seems to me that your disdain for abortion has more to do with humans, than it does with 'nature'....

i think the greater respect for nature humans would have, the better off they would be.

the recognition of a higher power/intelligence. you could call it nature if you want. i call it god.

Well, firstly, you cannot recognize something that doesn't appear.

But, brushing that aside for a minute, why would you then distribute this value from the members to the whole class?

Well, firstly, you cannot recognize something that doesn't appear.

But, brushing that aside for a minute, why would you then distribute this value from the members to the whole class?

i recognize it. it's in the law, the stars, my heart and soul. but most of all, it's in the meaning of it all that i find every day. i think that everything happens for a reason, and that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

i recognize it.

You cannot. I wasn't suggesting you were mistaking something. I was describing how what you assert is an impossibility.
At best, you believe it.

it's in the law, the stars, my heart and soul. but most of all, it's in the meaning of it all that i find every day. i think that everything happens for a reason, and that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Now you're wandering offtopic.
If you hold 'nature' in such high esteem, and all its members, then you must perforce apply this respect to each human. Including those who choose to abort.

You cannot. I wasn't suggesting you were mistaking something. I was describing how what you assert is an impossibility.
At best, you believe it.

Now you're wandering offtopic.
If you hold 'nature' in such high esteem, and all its members, then you must perforce apply this respect to each human. Including those who choose to abort.

i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back