A world with a loving God.

You've yet to show “incompleteness”.
Let's say you get an Iphone.

You try to call someone, but the call drops halfway through. You call Apple. They explain "yeah, there's a known problem with the RF power amplifier. We're going to fix it in the next revision."
You try to put it in your pocket, but there's a sharp edge on the front glass and it rips through your pocket. You call them again. They explain "well, we were going to fix that but we were under a lot of pressure to get to market. Next time."
You start a game, but the game doesn't render and you can't see much on the screen. "The graphics coprocessor isn't quite done, but it can display video really well," they explain.
You try to listen to some music, but they have yet another new connector on the bottom that doesn't accept your headphones. "Sorry about that. We're making an adapter; it should be out in a few months. We were under pressure to get this to market, you see."

Is that Iphone complete, or incomplete?

Let's say you get an Iphone.

You try to call someone, but the call drops halfway through. You call Apple. They explain "yeah, there's a known problem with the RF power amplifier. We're going to fix it in the next revision."
You try to put it in your pocket, but there's a sharp edge on the front glass and it rips through your pocket. You call them again. They explain "well, we were going to fix that but we were under a lot of pressure to get to market. Next time."
You start a game, but the game doesn't render and you can't see much on the screen. "The graphics coprocessor isn't quite done, but it can display video really well," they explain.
You try to listen to some music, but they have yet another new connector on the bottom that doesn't accept your headphones. "Sorry about that. We're making an adapter; it should be out in a few months. We were under pressure to get this to market, you see."

Is that Iphone complete, or incomplete?

If it is an actual iPhone, it is complete.
If it eventually became that way, after a period of time, due to ware and rare, or being handled roughly. It is complete
If it was that way straight out the box, and Apple are not bound by any agreement to replace, or fix it. It is incomplete.
If it is not an iPhone, it is incomplete.

If it was that way straight out the box, and Apple are not bound by any agreement to replace, or fix it. It is incomplete.
OK. Well, since we come with all those issues "straight out of the box" and God apparently is not bound to replace or fix them, sounds like we are incomplete.

I gave you a list.

Eyes are incomplete. They are backwards; not fully evolved.
Backs are incomplete. Not yet redesigned to deal with being upright.

Etc. See list.
I agree with the back. Dah problems when I was overweight, couldn't walk more than 100 metres. At some point you have to seriously consider evolution or bad design.

I agree with the back. Dah problems when I was overweight, couldn't walk more than 100 metres. At some point you have to seriously consider evolution or bad design.
Yep. Give us another 50,000 years to evolve a better solution to being upright and you'd see a lot fewer problems. But evolution is always a work in progress; at best it trends towards 'better' (i.e. more survivable) when it's allowed to work.

Yep. Give us another 50,000 years to evolve a better solution to being upright and you'd see a lot fewer problems. But evolution is always a work in progress; at best it trends towards 'better' (i.e. more survivable) when it's allowed to work.
I often look at my dogs and tigers etc. and they are just so much better suited to this planet than us. we look like beginners. Catching colds every 2 minutes, allowed to grow obese(dog can do this and cat and some other random things). I think we are shit at adapting, even though you'll say the opposite. We are shit.

bilvon said:
OK. Well, since we come with all those issues "straight out of the box" and God apparently is not bound to replace or fix them, sounds like we are incomplete.
A human being is complete.
If human beings can fly, in 50,000 years, the current human being is complete. My iPhone8+ is complete, even though there are newer models on the market.

If human beings can fly, in 50,000 years, the current human being is complete. My iPhone8+ is complete, even though there are newer models on the market.
So everything is always complete, even if it's incomplete.

OK then.

Complete - having all the necessary or appropriate parts.

The first cell phones did not have cameras, does that mean they were complete based on the definition? Or, were they incomplete based on cell phones that do have cameras?

Notice how your use of the words complete/incomplete still make no sense and that you still need to define it?

Complete - having all the necessary or appropriate parts.

The first cell phones did not have cameras, does that mean they were complete based on the definition? Or, were they incomplete based on cell phones that do have cameras?

Notice how your use of the words complete/incomplete still make no sense and that you still need to define it?
By your logic, nothing will ever be complete.
The first phones did what they were supposed to do. I didn’t hear anybody complaining about them not having cameras. Did you?

By your logic, nothing will ever be complete.
Sure they will be complete. If a phone is intended to take pictures, but does not have a camera, it is incomplete. If it is not intended to take pictures, then it is complete without a camera.

Likewise, if we are intended to stand upright, breathe and eat, then we are incomplete. If you claim that humans were NOT intended to do those things, then you could claim we are complete.

Back