A world with a loving God.

This is a science forum.

You're welcome to your beliefs, but if you're going to assert them, as you have done, you still need to defend them with logic and evidence.

Suffering and evil are negative things and the thus are not part of nature, thus all things perfectly.

There two heads to the same nihilist dragon... then there is suffering.

So, you're saying that you are skeptical of people who don't believe that same thing as you so you decide to hate them by threatening them with hell and cause them suffering? Are you the nihilistic dragon?

So, you're saying that you are skeptical of people who don't believe that same thing as you so you decide to hate them by threatening them with hell and cause them suffering? Are you the nihilistic dragon?

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said any of that. The fact is if you hate you suffer (non-consequentially), and if your skeptical your time is short (non-conquensetially). Fair warning you are still welcomed in my religion as a reformed gnostic.

Last edited:
Good thing that's not at all what I'm saying...

If you had noticed, you don't actually say very much to explain yourself. Your deeds here speak for themselves, despite your denials.

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said any of that. The fact is if you hate you suffer (non-consequentially), and if your skeptical your time is short (non-conquensetially). Fair warning you are still welcomed in my religion as a reformed gnostic.

Would I be correct in assuming you yourself are not perfect and make, let's call them, mistakes?

How does the system work?

Do you get your mistakes forgiven as you go? or do mistakes accumulate, say for a year, and then wiped away in a batch deal?

If you happen to do a random good deed does that subtract from the current total of mistakes at that moment? or like mistakes accumulate and you balance at end of year audit?

Or is there only one audit at end of life?

One more question who weights the mistakes and good deeds?

How many bad thoughts about someone get wiped out if you save someone from a burning building?

OK that was two questions. My bad

:)

The fact is if you hate you suffer (non-consequentially), and if your skeptical your time is short (non-conquensetially). Fair warning you are still welcomed in my religion as a reformed gnostic.
You're doing a lot of hating yourself in the form of demanding only you know right and wrong for everybody else.
What form of suffering do you think you're in for?

Would I be correct in assuming you yourself are not perfect and make, let's call them, mistakes?

How does the system work?

Do you get your mistakes forgiven as you go? or do mistakes accumulate, say for a year, and then wiped away in a batch deal?

If you happen to do a random good deed does that subtract from the current total of mistakes at that moment? or like mistakes accumulate and you balance at end of year audit?

Or is there only one audit at end of life?

One more question who weights the mistakes and good deeds?

How many bad thoughts about someone get wiped out if you save someone from a burning building?

OK that was two questions. My bad

I just have to be passive and faith will take course.

I just have to be passive and faith will take course.
So you have no idea how the system works?

It appears you float along with no positive or negative input with the environment around yourself

Seriously I cannot understand how such a system would work for one person let alone 7+ billion

You claimed you did not say that. You lied.

You are standing in front of a mirror.

Anyway, reported for demonstrable lying.

I didn't say those words exactly in that sequence, your simply lying, or deluded. I also say skeptics can be free and happy, but you conveniently ignored that.

In context, we're talking about skeptics of the existence of God here.
You claimed: "Your God created skepticism and skeptics."
So now you're claiming my God only created skeptic of God? That seems one hell of a cherry-picking non sequitur.

One of which is skepticism. Which means that, ultimately, God created skeptics.
Creating free will does not mean you created every result of free will, no more than educating Bill Gates means you created Microsoft. Simply does not follow.

God, being omniscient, must have known the myriad things that humans would do with their free will. Among those things would be skepticism and, more generally, "sin". (kx000 says skepticism is a sin, by the way. You might want to argue that out with him.)
No, that presumption relies on an omniscience which may not be logically possible, like knowing a future that does not yet exist to be knowable.

If skepticism is what keeps a person separate from God, then it does share the definition of sin.

But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.
Isaiah 59:2​
That says nothing about skepticism in general, and even some devout Christians may have some doubts.

God allows sin. It's not very compassionate of God to keep people from him simple because they do what he allows them to do, and what he must have known in advance they would do when he allowed it in the first place.
No, it's not very compassionate to create abject slaves.

Back