9 whales vs a human... which one would you chose?

9 whales vs 1 human, which one will it be?

• Save the whales, 9 living creatures vs one!

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Save the human, we must defend our species.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I can't make up my mind.

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
desperately. I feel my heart race when I see them on TV or in a magazine.

:runaway: MY NIGHTMARE!!!!

right-whales-475.jpg

That's AWESOME!!! I only got to work with Orcas and Dolphins, they're big, but wowza :D

desperately. I feel my heart race when I see them on TV or in a magazine.

:runaway: MY NIGHTMARE!!!!

right-whales-475.jpg

Your nightmares are very straighforward. At a minimum in a nightmare I'd think the whales would have guns. Or the ability to fly and the encounter would be on land.

It depends. Which particular human? Which particular 9 whales? If I don't save either, is there a chance they won't die anyway? How am I going to save 9 whales anyway? Am I saving the whales from the human, or vice versa?

I suspect my instinct in the generic situation would be to save the human, but I can't imagine such an artificial situation ever arising.

Depends if its a useful human/friend/person I know, or if its a person who should be executed like Osama Bin Laden, and also on the population of that whale species.

Where ? The whale making factory ?
Is that a joke? We do have the power to mass produce species

(see puppy mills, for instance). Whales may be more difficult but we mass produce species all the time. Whales can be no different. Humans are more important, and yes, superior. Not because a god said so, but because we are certainly far more powerful, more intelligent, more influential, and more dominating of our physical reality than a whale.

Humans are superior. Do you see any other species going into space or learning to control the very earth itself or manipulate time and energy and space?

Humans are superior. Do you see any other species going into space or learning to control the very earth itself or manipulate time and energy and space?

The balance of life and nature on earth without human intervention is more complex/advanced than human technology currently. Without the precision of nature, we can even have food.

Back