Will the Church ever die?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
Not a chance. Been around for 2000 years. Seen it all. People will continue to believe regardless of you atheists.

:confused:

Is there any point to this thread ?

"you atheists" ?
Are we being a bit hateful again today ? :bugeye:

Even the Bible, I believe, posits an end to history. Judgement day, the return of Christ and all that. What point would there be for Churches when the heavenly and the material are unified?

No one has ever mentioned churches in heaven.

Or from the scientific perspective: the heat death of the universe or the Big Crunch should dissipate or smush any churches that manage to last however many eons scientists give us.

Not a chance. Been around for 2000 years. Seen it all. People will continue to believe regardless of you atheists.
-By Church you mean Vatican ?
-Seen it all, doing it all ;)
-I´m worst kind of Christian from your point of view I guess since I´m Agnostic cherishing our pagan mythology Kalevala, hell for me ?
-How about Muslims, their religion has been around only 1500 years, has their belief in their God any meaning ?
-Just that I could grasp what are you after.

-By Church you mean Vatican ?
-Seen it all, doing it all ;)
-I´m worst kind of Christian from your point of view I guess since I´m Agnostic cherishing our pagan mythology Kalevala, hell for me ?
-How about Muslims, their religion has been around only 1500 years, has their belief in their God any meaning ?
-Just that I could grasp what are you after.

The Vatican has dealt with pagans before. Atheists are far more of a concern. Pagan beliefs, however absurd, still require faith. Atheists piss on faith. And yet, the Vatican has a long long history of dealing with atheists.

1)The Vatican has dealt with pagans before.2) Atheists are far more of a concern. 3) Pagan beliefs, however absurd, still require faith. Atheists piss on faith. And yet, the Vatican has a long long history of dealing with atheists.

1) -How will I be dealt ?
2) -Why concern ?
3) - My beliefs are absurd ? I believe Kalevala is a metaphor of the sun, stars, moon and the other planets and how they created us, metapfore of a universe and The God himself, and that there is lot of wisdom to be found in that book, how is that absurd compared to Vatican set of beliefs.?.

The Vatican has dealt with pagans before. Atheists are far more of a concern. Pagan beliefs, however absurd, still require faith. Atheists piss on faith. And yet, the Vatican has a long long history of dealing with atheists.

I wouldn't be too proud of how the Vatican dealt with pagans...

saw.jpg

1) -How will I be dealt ?
2) -Why concern ?
3) - My beliefs are absurd ? I believe Kalevala is a metaphor of the sun, stars, moon and the other planets and how they created us, metapfore of a universe and The God himself, and that there is lot of wisdom to be found in that book, how is that absurd compared to Vatican set of beliefs.?.

1) You will be ignored as a raving lunatic.
2) God helps those who help themselves. Faith is a worldly as well as Heavenly struggle.
3) Kalevala has never existed. Jesus has.

I wouldn't be too proud of how the Vatican dealt with pagans...

saw.jpg

That's one way. Rather harsh though.

And he is proud of that ? :confused:

Pandering, lobbying, sucking up to your boss. This is still in vogue you know.

Examples ?

Nazi Germany. Communist Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) You will be ignored as a raving lunatic.
2) God helps those who help themselves. Faith is a worldly as well as Heavenly struggle.
3) Kalevala has never existed. Jesus has.

1) Thats good, I wouldnt want the treatment in former post.
2) I will be okay then I guess.
3) Kalevala is a metaphor of all things that have come to existence, we dont exist ? We have been in this before, you can not prove that Jesus didnt/did exist with better validity than that Kalevalas Mother God Ilmatar does/doesnt exist,
you blasphemous pagan ;)

Get your history right, Hitler and Nazis were heavenly involved in occultism ~ non atheist.

the church used to rule the world, but later science killed it. science rules the world today, but later i think it will die again.

the church died because it was wrong about things like... earth being the center of the solar system. science is wrong about big bang and evolution, so it will probably die.

Back