Will Artificially Intelligent Machines Turn Religious?

Had it happened, still you will be facing the lack of raw materials, which is the result of food chain. No more carbon available because human immortality occupies all carbon sources.
I think the truly intelligent machines will represent a new order of biology, and they will not depend on carbon or the food chain.

Wouldn't their mechanical abilities open up new avenues for raw material sources anyway? Like other whole planets?

Live,

Had it happened, still you will be facing the lack of raw materials, which is the result of food chain. No more carbon available because human immortality occupies all carbon sources. Lack of food for worms, lack of food for bacteries, less chemical process to change the nutrition from earth to be consumed by plants. Where will living being get energy from?
No. I don't see that humans have a biological future, that is much too fragile. Energy - nuclear. Raw materials - the rest of the universe. I don't see any problems here.

spidergoat said:
I think the truly intelligent machines will represent a new order of biology, and they will not depend on carbon or the food chain.

Cris said:
No. I don't see that humans have a biological future, that is much too fragile. Energy - nuclear. Raw materials - the rest of the universe. I don't see any problems here. .

Wow, that's hell of a belief. I can accept that.
Still begs a question then : Will it be human invented or kind of self-resurrection? And human immortalilty?

Back