Why is being nude so "wrong"?

If it's warm, wet and willing, most young boys and men will fuck it. :D

If it isn't all covered with hair, that's just a plus!

Baron Max

How come? I'm not saying that intimate association during a certain developmental period is the only reason, but it seems to be one.
That I agree with. It's a factor, but being a relative weighs far heavier in not being attracted than being a non-relative, even being raised in close proximity.

Does that make sense? Not sure it does, even to me...

Not when you include relatives -_-. Where is your proof otherwise? Why is that incest is taboo in ~99.9% of all societies for independently developed reasons?

And yes, it made sense superluminal. I don't know if it's true, though. P.S., don't forget to reply in the child nudity thread.

Just to add regarding the raging hormone argument: if it was really the case that siblings are not able to distinguish between relatives and other as potential mating partners then clothing alone wouldn't be a sufficient protection. By that argument one cannot let siblings alone at all. There is nothing preventing them to get undressed and make out if one does not control them, right? So there are indeed likely to be other "fail-safe" mechanisms that regulate sexual imprinting.

I also stumbled across a few papers regarding sibling incest which I found rather interesting. The source is Adler and Schutz, Child Abuse & Neglect, Vol. 19, No 7, pp 811-819, 1995

The abstract:
This study describes a predominantly Caucasian, middle-income sample of sibling incest offenders from primarily intact families. Demographics, behavioral dysfunction, psychiatric diagnoses, history of victimization, family characteristics, and abuse characteristics are presented. Findings included that 92% of the offenders had a history of being physically abused,
whereas only 8% had a history of sexual victimization

So apparently violence plays a larger role than, say clothing in incest.
Further quotes:

Sibling incest has been considered to be a reflection of various other aspects of family
functioning as well. Justice and Justice (1979) suggested that it occurs in chaotic families,
with passive parents who are preoccupied and pay little attention to sexual boundaries. O'Brien
(1991) found that 47% of his sample of sibling incest offenders' families were rated by their therapists as severely disturbed. Extreme parental sexual behaviors have been reported in some sibling incest families. Smith and Israel (1987) found that approximately one-half of the 25 sibling incest offenders in their sample observed sexual activity between their parents or
between one parent and another partner, or had been the victim of sexual abuse. In one-third of their cases, the sibling incest took place after the father sexually abused the daughter in the family. O'Brien (1991) found that in 22% of sibling incest families there was incestuous
behavior in addition to the sibling abuse. Kaplan, Becker, and Martinez (1990) found that mothers of sibling incest offenders were significantly more frequently sexually victimized themselves as children than mothers of nonincest sexual offenders. Extremely repressive sexual
attitudes among parents of sibling incest offenders have also been discussed. In Smith and Israel's (1987) study, 32% of the parents of sibling incest offenders were found to have rigid, puritanical mores and discouraged sexual expression in their children.
Similarly, Meiselman (1978) found that seven out of eight sibling incest participants perceived their mothers to be puritanical and to convey that "sex is bad."
Especially the latter part is interesting. puritanical behaviour does apparently not discourage incest. However, one would have to dig that study out first to see, what they concluded in detail.

...if it was really the case that siblings are not able to distinguish between relatives and other as potential mating partners then clothing alone wouldn't be a sufficient protection. By that argument one cannot let siblings alone at all. There is nothing preventing them to get undressed and make out if one does not control them, right? So there are indeed likely to be other "fail-safe" mechanisms that regulate sexual imprinting.

If left alone, kids could also burn the house down, but they usually don't.
If left alone, kids could drink all the booze in the house, but they usually don't.
And there are umpty-eleven things that we teach kids not to do ....so they usually don't.

Ain't got nothin' to do with "fail-safe" imprinting psycho-babble bullshit.

Baron Max

so basically being naked is wrong...

No, not "wrong", but nudity leads to exploration and sexual attraction. It's normal, Orleander, why do you continually deny it?

... and leads to incest?

Boys and girls, with raging hormones will fuck anything .....unless we teach them not to do it and that there are consequences.

If you didn't train/teach your kids not to eat so much candy, if you left it out in barrels, then they'd eat the candy. Is that so hard for you to grasp?

Baron Max

...Boys and girls, with raging hormones will fuck anything .....unless we teach them not to do it and that there are consequences....

I never ever had that birds and bees conversation with the folks. I never heard 'don't touch your brother' or 'don't let your brothers touch you'. I never had a friend say "have you had your incest talk yet?"

In what kind of families does that need to be taught???

I never ever had that birds and bees conversation with the folks. I never heard 'don't touch your brother' or 'don't let your brothers touch you'. I never had a friend say "have you had your incest talk yet?"

Orleander, I'm slowly beginning to believe that you're not human at all. Either that or you're just blatantly lying in order to continue this idiotic issue. And as such, I see no reason to make any comment about your post.

Baron Max

OK, show of hands, who here had the birds and the bees incest talk with either their parents or their kids??? I didn't, my kids haven't.
Baron, why are you finding it so completely difficult to believe?? I find your determination to be suspect.

Not mine, apparently, the only time I remember discussing the issue of incest was when I was watching Law and Order with my dad and it was about some guy whose mother was abusing him. And my dad went, why would any parent do that? Thats sick.

Never needed the birds and bees talk, we grew up with animals in the home.

OK, show of hands, who here had the birds and the bees incest talk with either their parents or their kids??? I didn't, my kids haven't.

Not me.

Orleander, you were taught about the birds and the bees from early childhood by numerous innocent little comments and actions ....all through your life. You're teaching your own kids right now in exactly the same way ....every day, every week, with answers to questions and comments and reading fairy tales ....among thousands of seemingly innocent training methods.

Baron Max

Orleander, you were taught about the birds and the bees from early childhood by numerous innocent little comments and actions ....all through your life. You're teaching your own kids right now in exactly the same way ....every day, every week, with answers to questions and comments and reading fairy tales ....among thousands of seemingly innocent training methods.

Baron Max

She is living in one huge FAIRY TALE :bugeye:

Baron Max

I would be very interested to know how exactly you were "taught" to avoid incest. And why.

I would be very interested to know how exactly you were "taught" to avoid incest. And why.

Not just me, Sam, all of us in civilized societies .....and even many uncivilized societies. Millions of innocent little comments from the time kids are babies ...all of it is training and teaching.

Baron Max

Not just me, Sam, all of us in civilized societies .....and even many uncivilized societies. Millions of innocent little comments from the time kids are babies ...all of it is training and teaching.

Baron Max

I wasn't, so I want to know the how and why.

Back