Why Homeopathy is getting more and more popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
even something like a sinus infection can cause major problems yet all i needed to do was take a few pills and it was cleared up in a day or two. for me that was amazing and the pain that infection caused was unbearable, it hurt more than a broken bone.

i am just giving some examples.

Have you ever taken a homeopathic medicine? Homeopathy has solution to sinus infection http://www.homeorizon.com/newpapers/sinusitis-rajneesh.asp

People that promote Homeopathic medicines are dangerous, mainly because their posed treatments do little more than Placebo's. In fact Placebo's have been frown on in recent years because people are "conned". I really wouldn't want a doctor treating me for any medical ailment if they were attempting to push homeopathic remedies, it's a tell tale sign of a quack.

Ive said it before, and Ill say it once more. Placebo effects just reflect our bodies natural ability to heal itself. If you make your mind healthy, your body will not get sick as easily. People who deny a mind-body connection are only fooling themselves. Homeopathy merely triggers our bodies ability to heal itself through belief. Something well demonstrated by the placebo effect.

Ah, so the homeopathic response is to make their political opponents look like weasels. You could have gone with independent, peer-reviewed, verifiable and reproducible scientific evidence instead, but of course taking this approach would require you to have something of actual substance to present.

As far as funding by NHS is concerned, see this http://www.hpathy.com/cartoon/images/NHS_budget.gif

I'm sure the hundreds of millions that were wasted on your profession are now saving lives even as I type. Who cares if vastly greater sums of money are being wasted in a medical system that actually delivers results? It's still not a legitimate excuse for wasting money on water shakers who do nothing for their patients. Not to say that medical spending can't be substantially streamlined, but getting rid of soothsayers like you was a good place to start.

Sucussion is a very specific and carefully controlled process which along with serial dilution, forms the basis of the potentization process, it is not some haphazard 'bottle shaking' as you seem to think.

You can call it sucussion, juke-and-jiving, or just plain shaking, it's all the same, what you get at the end is no different than the water you started with. Attempting to draw bogus connections to actual sciences like quantum mechanics won't make your water work any better.

The homeopathic medicines are derived from following sources:

Plant Kingdom: Herbs and plants are from plant kingdom such as Belladonna atropa (Deadly Nightshade) , Calendula Off (Marigold), Arnica Montana (Leopards bane), Crocus Sativa (Meadow saffron)

Mineral Kingdom: Most of the elements and compounds like metals, salts, alkali, and acids are from mineral kingdom such as Sulphur, Calcarea Carb (Calcium Carbonate) , Nitric-Acid, Natrum-Muriaticum (Common Salt)

Animal Kingdom:

There are other 4 classes of homeopathic medicine-Nosodes, Sarcodes, Impondarablia, Tautopathic.

Nancy

if people would take a little more time and effort to understand a Natural approach to medicine they would be pleasently surprised by what the Natural approach can do

I have a Naturopathic Doctor myself as well as " conventional doctor " ( only because for certain tests etc. I have to have one )

it is hard for most people who have grown up with pharmas to think out of the box

people don't relise that for the most part a Natural approach to solving a problem of your health is by understanding what your body needs , biochemically , without the contridiction of drugs ( you know people , take this drug for this condition , but take this drug to counter the affects of the previous drug and so on )

and of course pharmas love this ignorance , it makes them billions , not to prevent disease but to hold onto disease

if people would take a little more time and effort to understand a Natural approach to medicine they would be pleasently surprised by what the Natural approach can do

The more you study homeopathy, the more you realize it is utter nonsense, and it's advocates ought to be embarrassed by falling for such complete claptrap. Completely unfettered by any need for objective evidence, they continue on, and spam up message boards. They are on the same level as young Earth creationists, holocaust deniers, moonlanding deniers, and abiotic oil advocates, just to name a few horrible examples.

further

there are essential oils one must take 3-6-9 of which the body needs , probiotics , for healthy gut

the knowledge of acid foods and alkaline foods and their affects on the body

liver , kidney , yeast cleansing programs and there positive affects on the body

once anybody gets into the Natural approach to the body there is no turning back , really

“ Originally Posted by thinking
if people would take a little more time and effort to understand a Natural approach to medicine they would be pleasantly surprised by what the Natural approach can do

The more you study homeopathy, the more you realize it is utter nonsense, and it's advocates ought to be embarrassed by falling for such complete claptrap. Completely unfettered by any need for objective evidence, they continue on, and spam up message boards. They are on the same level as young Earth creationists, holocaust deniers, moonlanding deniers, and abiotic oil advocates, just to name a few horrible examples.

I speak from experience repo-man

what do you speak from ? other than rhetoric

Last edited:

Anecdotal evidence is very near worthless when it comes to evaluating truth claims about things such as the effectiveness of "alternative" therapies. Throw in some conspiracy theory (evils of big pharma) and you have little to no credibility left. Double blind studies are necessary to negate the human tendency to confirmation bias. And homeopathy has been shown to be no better than placebo in every credible test it has been given. You may as well be defending witch doctors.

“ Originally Posted by thinking

Anecdotal evidence is very near worthless when it comes to evaluating truth claims about things such as the effectiveness of "alternative" therapies.

not when it works , from experience

Throw in some conspiracy theory (evils of big pharma) and you have little to no credibility left. Double blind studies are necessary to negate the human tendency to confirmation bias. And homeopathy has been shown to be no better than placebo in every credible test it has been given. You may as well be defending witch doctors.

and yet what pharma corp. has told any body to make sure they get their essential oils , probiotics etc of which the body needs as part of preventive medicine for example ?

NONE

I've decided I'm going to get very drunk tonight.
I bought a bottle of really weak beer and I've diluted the alcohol so much it's probably not far off lethal by now.
But it's going to be a cheap method of staying drunk for a long time, that one bottle gave something like 500 gallons of water with what must be an incredibly effective alcohol content, it's just a pity about the flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back