Why don't atheists have holidays?

I might ask if I should...is there an end to infinity or is there an infinity at the end? Of course it is just a rhetorical question that has nothing to do with this thread <--trolling

Then dont post it in this thread :mad:

I might ask if I should...is there an end to infinity or is there an infinity at the end? Of course it is just a rhetorical question that has nothing to do with this thread <--trolling

That's dragon for ya, Draggin' on and on and on.

Then dont post it in this thread :mad:

now that you have took part of my trolling you yourself are guilty of it as well. :cool:
Why don't atheist have holidays? The same reasons why trolls dont troll. They do...ok...atheist got holidays...and trolls troll.

And since I made a connection between my trolling and this thread topic I am no more guilty of trolling...whereas you shichimenshyo are guilty

now that you have took part of my trolling you yourself are guilty of it as well. :cool:
Why don't atheist have holidays? The same reasons why trolls dont troll. They do...ok...atheist got holidays...and trolls troll.

And since I made a connection between my trolling and this thread topic I am no more guilty of trolling...whereas you shichimenshyo are guilty

:bugeye:

Religion creates all kind of fun holidays.
Because atheism is a theological view, not a religion or philosophy as a whole.

For example, I'm a pagan, so I celebrate the primary eight nature-based holidays of the Pagan liturgical calendar. However, my theological view is atheistic.
There is no contradiction in terms, because theology is but an aspect of metaphysics, which is in turn but an aspect of philosophy.

My point is, you cannot build a religion centred around only theological views. Religion requires a full range of philosophical statements and maxims. And it is from religions which holidays are founded.

Holiday= holy day, get it?

Atheists still celebrate Thanksgiving, Halloween, Labor Day, Independence Day, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day...

SAM said:
They have only one life, they can't afford to take holidays. In fact, in support of their atheist policy, they should also work on Sundays. After all, religious people only rest on the Sabbath because God did.
Atheist policy ? On what planet did - - - - never mind.

In my country, most of our days off - including weekends, as well as holidays - were brought to us by atheistic Communists who organized labor unions.

Nowdays, of course, we have the religious holidays: President's Day, Labour Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Cinco de Mayo, and so forth.

Life is your holiday as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Atheists still celebrate Thanksgiving, Halloween, Labor Day, Independence Day, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day...
Except for Birthdays, those are all considered civic holidays. Although not exactly part of what the government would define as a "religion", in America they could be considered holy days of the state religion of Americanism- i.e, patriotic republicanism and civic humanist democracy.

I dunno if Birthdays can be considered holidays or not. If your "religion" is to live life to the fullest, then I guess they can be.

Back