Why don't atheists have holidays?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
Religion creates all kind of fun holidays. What's the problem with atheists?

What do you think New Year is? but not a holiday. Religion aside...it is a holiday of a new coming year.

They have only one life, they can't afford to take holidays. In fact, in support of their atheist policy, they should also work on Sundays. After all, religious people only rest on the Sabbath because God did.

We celebrate christmas just not the christmas that you do, its a consumers holiday now and we view it as just that.

well maybe not all of us but I love getting and giving presents

If you love Christmas, then become a Christian and experience it more fully.

I love giving and getting presents, and food, so Im getting the full experience

full experience for a true christian is experiencing the thorns of roses and carrying the heavy cross all day...to be crucified. That is full experience, so sigh into this idea more and give it life eternal.

"In fact, in support of their atheist policy, they should also work on Sundays. After all, religious people only rest on the Sabbath because God did."

As an aetheist, I believe the world existed of its own accord,no creating to be done, everyday is a holiday.

No, you aren't getting the full experience. The joy of Jesus' birth and the hope of salvation. Brings goose bumps - really.

If you set a mind to it, every day of work can be just as a holiday as a holiday is without work.

Be self-master of illusionary emotions.

How do you become a self-master of illusionary emotions? Sounds great. Please teach master.

"In fact, in support of their atheist policy, they should also work on Sundays. After all, religious people only rest on the Sabbath because God did."

As an aetheist, I believe the world existed of its own accord,no creating to be done, everyday is a holiday.

Hmm so you don't work?

How do you become a self-master of illusionary emotions? Sounds great. Please teach master.

I am not a master nor is anyone a perfect of their own image of goal.

Control ambitions, control desires, maximize efficiency in your life, eat the right food, do exercises, walk up the stairs instead of taking elevator, wake up early, go to sleep early, sleep enough to feel rested. Be happy! And control your power of will, by limiting yourself or forcing yourself to do particular set of actions just to control power of will. Such is my message, hear me and act if you agree with me.

Oh. I thought you were going to teach me how to fake emotions at will. Sort of getting high whenever you feel like it.

Hmm so you don't work?

Of course but I don't feel the need to work 6 days a week.
Prefer the Pacific Islander model myself. Only work when have to.
otherwise, just swim, play, dance, make music.

Back