Why does the government hide UFO's?

Like wise .

The bullies in the school yard gang up on one who reads .

The thing is facts are the facts , therefore no bullies are going to intimidate me at all .

The lot of you are ignorant plain and simple .

I apologise River you are a nice chap and it was wrong of me to make fun at your expence.
You have a great day.
Alex

Wrong again.
Those who read science "gang up" up on the one selectively reads (and, for the post part, doesn't actually take much notice of anything past the "Gosh wow! factor") crank books and ignores the science books.

Only "ignorant" of the claims of loons, frauds and cranks (and even that doesn't apply to everyone who's "ganging up" on you).

Have any of you read the book ? No

Then what basis have you for an intelligent conversation , about John's book ?

None

Like wise .
The bullies in the school yard gang up on one who reads .
Are you hinting that the reputable members of this forum are ganging up on you, because you read?
That's silly river: Reading is great and one of the first things we teach our children: But as they grow up, we tell them and show them how everything you read is not necessarily true...fairy tales for example, your author who has been shown to be a fraud....some of your own personal claims on this forum in recent times, obviously many many books are meant simply to promote money and fame for their Authors, as was conclusively shown with Eric Von Danikan.
The thing is facts are the facts , therefore no bullies are going to intimidate me at all .
:) Hmmm, no one is trying to intimidate you: All members are pointing out is your gullibility in seemingly accepting anything and everything that smells of woo, mystery and anti science.
The lot of you are ignorant plain and simple .
Not at all: In fact the reverse is likely true.
Besides your gullibility, some of the misinterpretations and recent claims you have made are ridiculous. eg: That NASA has observed Planet 9 for instance....
Finally, this is first and foremost a science forum: And you as a believer of woo and supernatural etc, must expect opposition to your ridiculous claims and suggestions.
Perhaps if they are getting you down, it maybe more fruitful for you to go to a proper Woo forum, or a forum that promotes the supernatural and paranormal...I'm sure there's some about if you can't stand the heat of logic and sensibility here.

You have NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT . NONE AT ALL .
I agree River but let's face it not knowing anything about anything rarely prevents any human being an expert.

And you are right I should read the book before I comment but you know I don't care what is in the book.

I am the ultimate sceptic I don't believe anything I can't touch and see ..and even then am suspicious about myself possibly being delusional...a career in law leaves one rather jaded and I am sorry I display such a negative attitude.

I was being playful and certainly didn't mean to upset you and very sorry that I did.

Please forgive me so I don't cause you anguish.

Alex

Have any of you read the book ?
Parts of it (or, possibly, the original paper that it was based on).
But, regardless, his claims (and "data") are reproduced elsewhere - so there's no actual need to read the entire thing.

If you made fewer assumptions you'd come across as less stupid.

Then what basis have you for an intelligent conversation , about John's book ?
See above.

See what I mean about looking stupid?

Are you hinting that the reputable members of this forum are ganging up on you, because you read?
That's silly river: Reading is great and one of the first things we teach our children: But as they grow up, we tell them and show them how everything you read is not necessarily true...fairy tales for example, your author who has been shown to be a fraud....some of your own personal claims on this forum in recent times, obviously many many books are meant simply to promote money and fame for their Authors, as was conclusively shown with Eric Von Danikan.

:) Hmmm, no one is trying to intimidate you: All members are pointing out is your gullibility in seemingly accepting anything and everything that smells of woo, mystery and anti science.

Not at all: In fact the reverse is likely true.
Besides your gullibility, some of the misinterpretations and recent claims you have made re ridiculous. eg: That NASA has observed Planet 9 for instance....
Finally, this is first and foremost a science forum: And you as a believer of woo and supernatural etc, must expect opposition to your ridiculous claims and suggestions.
Perhaps if they are getting you down, it maybe more fruitful for you to go to a proper Woo forum, or a forum that promotes the supernatural and paranormal...I'm sure there's some about if you can't stand the heat of logic and sensibility.

The triad's logic and sensibility is non-existant .

it maybe more fruitful for you to go to a proper Woo forum, or a forum that promotes the supernatural and paranormal...I'm sure there's some about if you can't stand the heat of logic and sensibility here.
Actually that's an excellent point.
I really wonder why certain posters here choose to be here - they persist in denying science, and complain of bias when a scientific scepticism is applied to their claims.

Oh please , stop your childishness.
See?
You call us illogical and insensible and the best response you have to your repeated dishonesty being mentioned is to accuse me of being "childish".

Because you are childish .
And that's such an adult reply....
Isn't it funny how, every time your claims are rebutted logically, you resort to name-calling rather than provide evidence for your position?

Last edited:
Not all evidence ; Cydonia face . and pyramids in close proximity to each other
You mean this?

P22_009642_2216CydoniaFace.png

I really wonder why certain posters here choose to be here - they persist in denying science, and complain of bias when a scientific scepticism is applied to their claims.
Exactly: How would the reverse go, I mean how would you or I go if we went to our local church next Sunday and started yelling JC is a fraud...or to the local woo forum, claiming that they were all conspiracy cranks and quacks>..Would we then be able to claim we were being ganged up on?
This actual claim or implication by river that this face on Mars is anything sinister, or the outrageous claim of a nuclear war, would I suggest rank as the greatest nonsense yet expressed on this forum.

I think the reason river and MR come to this forum is exactly because they have some sort of animus against science and see this forum as a rare example of a place where they can wage war on science and its proponents, without rapidly getting the bum's rush from the moderators. When Paddo rises to the bait, as he always does, they love it, I think. That's why I have put them on Ignore.

I think the reason river and MR come to this forum is exactly because they have some sort of animus against science and see this forum as a rare example of a place where they can wage war on science and its proponents, without rapidly getting the bum's rush from the moderators. When Paddo rises to the bait, as he always does, they love it, I think. That's why I have put them on Ignore.

Actually I'm promoting the scientific treatment of evidence in line with any science textbook. Take the evidence as given and reach conclusions based on it. That's consistent with the scientific nature of this forum. What I am fighting against is scientism and skeptical denialism---the false presentation of science as defending and supporting a physicalist world view by dismissing any evidence threatening it. Ignoring me only proves the inability to confront facts and arguments that threaten that particular belief system. Plus we all know ignoring only works up to the point where I'm quoted, after which my posts have to be read to make sense of the thread. So much for ignoring..

Here...ignore THIS!

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1172.htm

Last edited:
If they wanted to understand the science, they'd try to understand the science.
If they wanted to meet like-minded people, they'd go to a woo forum.
But if they want attention, they go to a place where they know they will get it, and then say things to get the attention they desire.

It's like a first grader saying "you're a poophead! you're a poophead!" in class. He could say that outside by himself and not get any attention. But he knows that if he says it in class he will get lots of attention.

Yes

That photo is in John's book , thats one .
P22_009642_2216CydoniaFace.png
So, the writer of this book considers the Face at Cydonia to have some significance beyond being a good example of pareidolia?

If he'd included pictures of Casper the Friendly Ghost, it would have done less damage to his credibility.

But at least now we know where the bar is set for this thread.

What I am fighting against is scientism and skeptical denialism---the false presentation of science as defending and supporting a physicalist world view by dismissing any evidence threatening it.
Ironically, whenever anybody has tried to start a proper examination of your "evidence" for UFOs, bigfoot, ghosts and the like, you have run away so fast your feet have practically caught on fire.

Your modus operandi is to post so many drive-by youtube clips that you hope that skeptics will be overwhelmed and you'll never have to actually make a case about anything.

Back