Why does evolution select against atheists?

This topic is not about which religion is the correct one. If you are interested which one it is, look around if you are serious, about this , with the right attitude and motivation, you will find it.

And you can use your mighty brain power to guess what my favorite color is right ?

Nonsense.

Isn't that merely the claims of theists?

Ok, supposedly supernatural stuff.

Or are you separating theists and spiritualists? You do not have to be a theist to believe in supernatural crap though..

Ok, supposedly supernatural stuff.

Or are you separating theists and spiritualists? You do not have to be a theist to believe in supernatural crap though..

I suppose, but it would stand to reason that ALL theists believe in supernatural crap even though that's not what they'll admit to considering they believe their gods are real.

I would most certainly be interested to hear someone who doesn't accept the claims of religious supernatural crap but does accept other supernatural crap?

I suppose, but it would stand to reason that ALL theists believe in supernatural crap even though that's not what they'll admit to considering they believe their gods are real.
I agree. However, there are theists (on this website as well) that will say that their God is outside the natural realm.

I would most certainly be interested to hear someone who doesn't accept the claims of religious supernatural crap but does accept other supernatural crap?
Some people believe that "there is more than what we can see" or "there is more between heaven and Earth than we are aware of" even if they do not believe in any God.
Some people believe in ghosts, mind over matter, etc. There's a whole shitload of similar examples.

Some people believe that "there is more than what we can see" or "there is more between heaven and Earth than we are aware of" even if they do not believe in any God.
Some people believe in ghosts, mind over matter, etc. There's a whole shitload of similar examples.
Have you noticed that TV has a lot of supernatural kinds of shows on lately.
I'm thinking of shows like TAPS. Who try to be as scientific as they can. I'm just wondering do you think that this is just made up for the show or whats going on there?

As scientific as they can?
Nope, it's yet another example of "Let's do something in the hope of increasing our ratings". In other words: specious and spurious nonsense.

Have you noticed that TV has a lot of supernatural kinds of shows on lately.
I'm thinking of shows like TAPS. Who try to be as scientific as they can. I'm just wondering do you think that this is just made up for the show or whats going on there?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that show.

As scientific as they can?
Nope, it's yet another example of "Let's do something in the hope of increasing our ratings". In other words: specious and spurious nonsense.
Well I guess you know that for a fact?
I can certainly see that TV programs would do and can do that. And that in this field , is possible to do it. It's just that with this program it does seem they are real about this. Even airing shows that turn up nothing, or very little.
If they wanted higher ratings, you think it would much more dramatic, and much more sensational.
I was just wondering what science would say about this?

Well I guess you know that for a fact?
Yes.

I can certainly see that TV programs would do and can do that. And that in this field , is possible to do it. It's just that with this program it does seem they are real about this. Even airing shows that turn up nothing, or very little.
If they wanted higher ratings, you think it would much more dramatic, and much more sensational.
It's funny really, I've never even seen the show (not heard of it until I saw your post). I can, however read the reviews and the comments from other, similar, groups. And every single review makes mention of how strange it is that these people manage to find something on EVERY show.

I was just wondering what science would say about this?
No you weren't, you were, however, trying to insinuate that there's some possibility of there being any science involved.

It's funny really, I've never even seen the show (not heard of it until I saw your post). I can, however read the reviews and the comments from other, similar, groups. And every single review makes mention of how strange it is that these people manage to find something on EVERY show.

A compilation of all the best evidences of ghosts caught on tape by the team of Ghost Hunters

Yes.

Well they ownly go to places that people report of unexplained things happening. They also go to try and debunk , these if they can , and they do that sometimes.
Then how can you say anything about it if you have never heard of it. Is that how you believe in evolution, just think what ever you want with out looking into it yourself.

I was kind of interested what science thinks about this. Because science likes to measure things, so some of these unexplained things do show up on instruments. Does science think this is all a made up or is there really something to it?

Then how can you say anything about it if you have never heard of it.
Because I know the general tenor of such programmes and I've done the background reading rather than simply accept the drivel that is spoon-fed to me through the screen: in other words if you've watched the show and done no checking all that you are getting is the parts they want you to see.

Is that how you believe in evolution, just think what ever you want with out looking into it yourself.
No.

I was kind of interested what science thinks about this. Because science likes to measure things, so some of these unexplained things do show up on instruments. Does science think this is all a made up or is there really something to it?
There are no "ghosts".

Because I know the general tenor of such programmes and I've done the background reading rather than simply accept the drivel that is spoon-fed to me through the screen: in other words if you've watched the show and done no checking all that you are getting is the parts they want you to see.

No.

There are no "ghosts".
Is this the same when you are watching a documentary on evolution, is science just trying to deceive you and we are supposed to simply accept the drivel that is spoon-fed to me through the screen: in other words if you've watched the show and done no checking all that you are getting is the parts they want you to see.

Is this the same when you are watching a documentary on evolution, is science* just trying to deceive you and we are supposed to simply accept the drivel that is spoon-fed to me through the screen: in other words if you've watched the show and done no checking all that you are getting is the parts they want you to see.
100% correct.
Which is why I rarely watch documentaries.
TV programmes tend to be designed around the "lowest common denominator", Joe Six-pack and the 30 second attention span. They cram in the jolly juicy bits and leave out (for the most part) the slow "boring" bits about how the information is gathered and verified.
On the other hand you're also being ridiculously disingenuous comparing a TV programme on ghosts (for which there is NO hard evidence) and evolution, which has sufficient evidence to be considered a fact.

* Also disingenuous using the wording "is science just trying to deceive you" since the content and presentation is decided entirely by the TV people (producer, writer etc.) and the budget available and NOT science.
Strawman.

Back