why do some theists believe in Darwinian evolution?

What is the missing link

There is no missing link.

if you were all powerful and you did NOT want to be discovered by mistake would you leave traces of your work?

So you believe because there is no evidence?

Wrong. But I suppose doing a little research would be against your religious principles.

Nah... If you questioned your pre-conceived delusions you would agree. Refer to the God of Science thread- no one was able to provide any evidence for random- I was willing to see the evidence :shrug:

What is the missing link. There is no evidence of God.. if you were all powerful and you did NOT want to be discovered by mistake would you leave traces of your work?

If you wanted a concept in which to contain all your ignorance, would you suggest something that can be empirically dismissed?

is there any physical evidence , beside so called lensing ?

You mean is there any physical evidence besides the physical evidence you don't understand?

There are 'theists' who don't follow any religion at all or even a scripture. They just believe in God. period. So what does evolution show about them?

Yes, but everytime I have encountered someone who made that claim, asked about why they believe they refer to some religious text at some point.

Ask them to define the god they believe in.

There is no missing link.

So you believe because there is no evidence?

So all humans share about 250 genes that are found no were else on earth because of evolution? So something evolved from nothing? We just randomly developed red, blonde, blue, and green hair and eyes? We just started walking up right? We developed are analytical minds.. how? I assure you, there is a missing link. No, I believe because my bones tell me to.

Yes, but everytime I have encountered someone who made that claim, asked about why they believe they refer to some religious text at some point.

Ask them to define the god they believe in.

Ask me...

The God I believe in is all powerful in this dimension, as he is the creator. He didn't obtain this power from nothing. I believe there were others before him. Other whats? I have no idea.

Ask me...

The God I believe in is all powerful in this dimension, as he is the creator. He didn't obtain this power from nothing. I believe there were others before him. Other whats? I have no idea.

If you believe, then define it. With specifics. Give me as much detail about your specific beliefs about this god that you can and then I will have more questions for you.

If you believe, then define it. With specifics. Give me as much detail about your specific beliefs about this god that you can and then I will have more questions for you.

I did. He's all powerful. He created everything in this earth and the next. He created the universe. His word is my will, as it will lead to love and happiness.

No you didn't.

He's all powerful. He created everything in this earth and the next. He created the universe. His word is my will, as it will lead to love and happiness.
That's not a definition, that's a loose description. And supposition.
With not a shred of factual evidence, BTW.

Back