why do some theists believe in Darwinian evolution?

How can I refute a personal opinion.
Huh? Personal opinion?

But I can give you a better reason not to accept the creation story of Genesis if you want to maintain that your god is anything but an incompetent tinkerer, just look around you at the animal kingdom. We animals are so poorly designed that if a first year engineering student came up with the plans for the human body he'd be expelled immediately.
You were given specific examples:
We have eyes that are backwards and upside down, a spine that doesn't function properly when we walk upright on two legs(it works better when we hunch on all fours like our ancestors did), a food tube that shares space with the windpipe making it possible to choke to death, a sewer running right through the playground, and an organ that does nothing but randomly kill us.

My point is it, makes no difference.
I think everything is data from a supreme intelligence, and before you start, I know that is NOT scientific evidence. But science can't even come close to showing otherwise, and that's not a criticism.

So what do you suggest? :)

jan.

I suggest that beliefs which are not supported by reliable evidence be only believed tentatively, as a working hypothesis, and one should be open to new evidence which contradicts it.

I suggest that beliefs which are not supported by reliable evidence be only believed tentatively, as a working hypothesis, and one should be open to new evidence which contradicts it.

Good point.
Can you think of any evidence which contradicts said belief?

jan.

I'm not quite sure what you believe because theists are so evasive about what God is.

Im not. Yahweh is the creator of this universe. He came from a previous dimension were there were a race of gods. He came here to create a more perfect life form, humans.

OK, in that case, the universe looks just as it should if it came from nothing, and we have plausible naturalistic explanations for it's origin. That precludes the need for God and makes it an irrational belief.

You can believe in God, you just can't say that it's rational.

OK, in that case, the universe looks just as it should if it came from nothing, and we have plausible naturalistic explanations for it's origin. That precludes the need for God and makes it an irrational belief.

You can believe in God, you just can't say that it's rational.

Or. He came from the previous dimension, to the already formed 3rd dimension. Or, maybe our universe houses more than one dimension. The only thing I would be concrete on is God and his angels creating the Earth. Remember the laws of physics may not be the laws of physics coming and going from different dimensions.

EDIT: Out of curiosity how do you know the universe looks the same as if it didn't exist? Nothingness imo would be white, as white is the absence of color.

The very definition of insanity.

Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results? You bashing me with one line post is far more insane than what im doing for I pay no mind to your insults so they will not change my ways, and you will continue to insult me.

Or. He came from the previous dimension, to the already formed 3rd dimension. Or, maybe our universe houses more than one dimension. The only thing I would be concrete on is God and his angels creating the Earth. Remember the laws of physics may not be the laws of physics coming and going from different dimensions.
This is nonsense.
And you can't be "concrete" on god (with or without angels) creating the Earth. All you can have is a strong belief.

EDIT: Out of curiosity how do you know the universe looks the same as if it didn't exist? Nothingness imo would be white, as white is the absence of color.

White is a combination of all colors. Black is the absence of color.

I didn't say the universe looks the same as if it didn't exist, I said it looks as it should if it arose from nothing. Nothingness is the origin of all things.

You bashing me with one line post is far more insane than what im doing for I pay no mind to your insults so they will not change my ways,

I don't expect you to change. Crazies rarely do.

Okay. So you're ignorant of design principles, too.
Fair enough.

A poor design means the object cannot perform to it's full potential.
If the human was designed with the ability to understand God, if it so chooses,
then it is a brilliant design. ;)

jan.

A poor design means the object cannot perform to it's full potential.
A poor design is one exhibits flaws in its operation.

If the human was designed with the ability to understand God, if it so chooses, then it is a brilliant design. ;)
And you're back to supposition. While ignoring the fact that understanding (of anything) is only a small part of what humans do.

Dywyddyr,

A poor design is one exhibits flaws in its operation.

What operations are those?

'and you're back to supposition. While ignoring the fact that understanding (of anything) is only a small part of what humans do.

Everything we're discussing is supposition.

A small part?

jan.

Back