Why do atheists compare God to Thor, Zeus, FSM, etc...?

God cannot be explained to us, it is WAY beyond our understanding. This is the reason why atheists are atheists, is because their Ego does not let them believe in something they do not understand.

This line of reasoning often has me rolling on the floor in hysterics as theists continue to tell us their detailed versions of their one-and-only god(s) despite their claims that god(s) are "WAY beyond our understanding."

And when questioned as to why we SHOULD believe, we must be content with precluding our "Egos" with blissful ignorance.

And when you say that every God claims to be the real one, you should really question yourself if it was really God who did this claims, or it was a man´s Ego.

Yes, it's men's "Egos" that proclaim god(s).

This is the reason why atheists are atheists, is because their Ego does not let them believe in something they do not understand.

Is their any sound reason why they chould?

But the fact is, the true God is the one that is inside each one of us, and we don´t let HIM be, because our Ego, created since we are little kids, doesn´t let us listen to HIM.
If your looking for (subjective)god then in people would be the best way to search for him however if that's your god then you can not, not be him.

So this is my understanding of the Old Testament and the metaphor of Satan, that because of his Ego, he didn´t obey the Lord.
Well his ego did pretty much create free will with the helpfull lesson that some things are better left unknown... that's not a bad lesson.

And when you say that every God claims to be the real one, you should really question yourself if it was really God who did this claims, or it was a man´s Ego.

well... their always written by men (and the ocasional women)

most people's idea of god is simply an idealized version of themself

Even when Gautama Buddha was teaching, he said to his disciples: "You can ask me about anything you want, but do not ask me about God."

Buddha wasn't exactly proven to exist either. He has about as much physical evidence for existing as Jesus.

Why do you think this is? It is because God cannot be explained to us, it is WAY beyond our understanding. This is the reason why atheists are atheists, is because their Ego does not let them believe in something they do not understand.

If god is beyond our understanding, then he's beyond your understanding. Therefore you can't say God exists, since whether he does or not is beyond your understanding.

Therefore, God purposefully set it up so it would spawn disbelief, since he left no trace of his existence, and setup a system that science can explain better then blind faith.

Yeah. That's a very kind God.

But the fact is, the true God is the one that is inside each one of us, and we don´t let HIM be, because our Ego, created since we are little kids, doesn´t let us listen to HIM.

So this is my understanding of the Old Testament and the metaphor of Satan, that because of his Ego, he didn´t obey the Lord.

So you should question yourself if it was really God you believe in, or your own Ego. For you are so Egotistical you believe you have this knowledge, and some knowledge of God.

Right back at you, Ego Boy.

Ok, I have provoked some atheists to get mad, and this in only due to the fact, that you feel threatened by this.

If you guys really didn´t believe in God, then you would not get upset when other people tell you otherwise, some may say is histerical, but deep inside, you are scared.

You are scared of change, by denying God, you are only denying the inner-experience of God, and that will only prove that God doesn´t exist, but you will prove it only to yourselfs.

Some may say: Jesus didn´t exist, Buddha either, there is no physicall evidence of that.
So, this make you feel better about yourselfs? that Buddha and Christ are not real? So if you feel better this way, it is because you are afraid of change, because the inner-experience that is God, can only change you, and you don´t want to change. You want a reason to continue being yourselfs, and not change, so you say God doesn´t exist, but by doing this, you are only saying that you don´t want to change.

Why else do you get so defensive when someone starts talking about God?? It disturbs you, if God exist, then you would have to change, so I better deny His existance, and keep proving that to yourselves.

The thing is, I cannot prove God existance to you, the same as you cannot prove that He doesn´t exist. You know this, so why do you guys get defensive? because the fact that God may exist disturbs you, more people will experience the realm of God, and you will continue your dis-belief. But that means you are happy with who you currently are.
But if you were truly happy, you would not get defensive when someone talks about God.

Ok, I have provoked some atheists to get mad, and this in only due to the fact, that you feel threatened by this.

M*W: You are wrong. In the first place, how can you know atheists feel threatened? I'm an atheist, and I don't feel threated because you or other theists believe in god. There is no threat whatsoever. In fact, I used to be a christian. I know how christians think and feel, and it's no threat to me that there is no god. Actually, it's a feeling of understanding and relief. All those mysteries of christianity are finally understood. They just don't exist. They mean nothing, so there is nothing to fear.

If you guys really didn´t believe in God, then you would not get upset when other people tell you otherwise, some may say is histerical, but deep inside, you are scared.

M*W: I get 'upset,' not because there is a threat that there is no god, but because I see people lying to themselves. That really bothers me. I hurt for them, especially since I've been there and walked in their shoes. Or maybe, they are walking in my shoes, and someday they too will receive the gift of knowledge.

You are scared of change, by denying God, you are only denying the inner-experience of God, and that will only prove that God doesn´t exist, but you will prove it only to yourselfs.

M*W: I experienced god in the past. It was a good 'feeling,' but it wasn't reality. I only made myself believe it was true when it wasn't. It's like believers wear blinders, so they can hide what they DON'T WANT to see and BELIEVE what they're afraid NOT to believe. It's a mind game. People play mind games with themselves all the time. It's human nature. The weak man looks in the mirror and sees Brad Pitt. The fat girl looks in the mirror and sees Christie Brinkley. The child looks in the mirror and imagines himself as an adult. We do this all the time. I used to sit in church and pretend to be a christian, but so did the entire congregation. We're all seeing ourselves as we want to be, but not as we truly are. We can't help it. Then one day we look in that mirror and we don't see the same image our imagination has told us to see and made us to believe. Sometimes we stand in front of that mirror, and we are stripped of everything that would remind us of our imagined selves. We either start to make ourselves over or we succumb to our imaginary selves. We can either see ourselves as we really are, or we can go on pretending to be what we think society wants us to be. I chose to be myself and lose the labels society put on me. One of those labels was being a christian. It was then and only then that I was able to remove that label and pursue the truth. Christians are afraid to pursue the truth, so they just keep believing in their imaginary self, the self they allow society to create of them.

So if you feel better this way, it is because you are afraid of change, because the inner-experience that is God, can only change you, and you don´t want to change. You want a reason to continue being yourselfs, and not change, so you say God doesn´t exist, but by doing this, you are only saying that you don´t want to change.

M*W: Change can be scary for some and relief for others. I don't believe it is a "god' who changes you, it is yourself. Only you can imagine your being, and only you can change how you imagine yourself. Had I allowed myself to be more of a pawn to society, I probably would have gone along with the christian game plan just to please the public, but I saw that I was losing myself to a make-believe religion.

Why else do you get so defensive when someone starts talking about God?? It disturbs you, if God exist, then you would have to change, so I better deny His existance, and keep proving that to yourselves.

M*W: Being defensive is not what atheism is about. I don't feel the need to defend my atheism, and I don't care about a god. There is no god, therefore, there is no reason at all to be defensive. I don't have to change unless I want to change. No one else can make me change, and certainly, no imaginary god can make me change. Having been there and done that in the past, I won't go there anymore. It's imaginary, not real.

The thing is, I cannot prove God existance to you, the same as you cannot prove that He doesn´t exist. You know this, so why do you guys get defensive? because the fact that God may exist disturbs you, more people will experience the realm of God, and you will continue your dis-belief. But that means you are happy with who you currently are.

M*W: The inability to prove a god exists or doesn't exist is all the more reason for a god to be imaginary. I don't worship an imaginary god. The inability to prove such a being is enough for me to deny its existence. I've been happier with myself since I became an atheist. One must strip away all the imaginary labels society sticks on us. I'm not saying that it is an easy thing to do, but if one pursues happiness, it must be done. We should answer to no one but ourselves.

But if you were truly happy, you would not get defensive when someone talks about God.

M*W: Sorry, but I've just seen too many god-fearing people who were miserable to the core. Most, if not all, of these people were christian. It's not about being defensive. If one truly believed in their faith, there would be no need to be defensive. There is no need to be a defensive atheist, either. I'm not defensive about my lack of belief. There are no consequences in being an atheist. It is christians who live in fear. What a way to live! How can one be defensive of something that is not there? That is called delusion.

M*W: You are wrong. In the first place, how can you know atheists feel threatened? I'm an atheist, and I don't feel threated because you or other theists believe in god. There is no threat whatsoever. In fact, I used to be a christian. I know how christians think and feel, and it's no threat to me that there is no god. Actually, it's a feeling of understanding and relief. All those mysteries of christianity are finally understood. They just don't exist. They mean nothing, so there is nothing to fear.

Hi there girl, I knew someone would write against my post quickly, it is in your nature to find the truth...

I believe Christians have been fooled.
In the great work of Nietzsche “Thus spoke Zarathustra”, the last message from Zarathustra to his disciples was: “Be careful with me. I have told you everything I had to say. Now be careful with me. Don´t follow me; forget about me. Let me and go away.”
This is the last message from all the great masters. No great master want to turn you into a puppet, because he would be killing you. He would be a Killer. He will help you be yourself. The master means a chance for you, to be yourself. Only the small minds, the narrow minds that pretend to be masters and aren´t, will want to impose over you.

M*W: I get 'upset,' not because there is a threat that there is no god, but because I see people lying to themselves. That really bothers me. I hurt for them, especially since I've been there and walked in their shoes. Or maybe, they are walking in my shoes, and someday they too will receive the gift of knowledge.

Yes, you were fooled, and they are continue being fooled into following a belief system, no belief system is real; there are spiritual paths as there are people walking in this Earth. The key, is acceptance.

Knowledge is a dangerous thing my friend, if you put selfless love into the equation, you may find wisdom, and that is indeed a wonderful gift.

M*W: I experienced god in the past. It was a good 'feeling,' but it wasn't reality. I only made myself believe it was true when it wasn't. It's like believers wear blinders, so they can hide what they DON'T WANT to see and BELIEVE what they're afraid NOT to believe. It's a mind game. People play mind games with themselves all the time. It's human nature. The weak man looks in the mirror and sees Brad Pitt. The fat girl looks in the mirror and sees Christie Brinkley. The child looks in the mirror and imagines himself as an adult. We do this all the time. I used to sit in church and pretend to be a christian, but so did the entire congregation. We're all seeing ourselves as we want to be, but not as we truly are. We can't help it. Then one day we look in that mirror and we don't see the same image our imagination has told us to see and made us to believe. Sometimes we stand in front of that mirror, and we are stripped of everything that would remind us of our imagined selves. We either start to make ourselves over or we succumb to our imaginary selves. We can either see ourselves as we really are, or we can go on pretending to be what we think society wants us to be. I chose to be myself and lose the labels society put on me. One of those labels was being a christian. It was then and only then that I was able to remove that label and pursue the truth. Christians are afraid to pursue the truth, so they just keep believing in their imaginary self, the self they allow society to create of them.

You are right, you thought you experienced God, but that is not real. If you really had experienced God, we wouldn´t be having this conversation.

Most people in religious groups are hipocryte, because of the reasons you stated. There is no "common path" towards God, that doesn´t exist. Each of us have to seek God within ourselves, and not in an external place.
The realm of God is an inner-experience, and once you reach it, there is no center... You become one with the existance, you realize our current reality is nothing but a lie. You change my friend, you are no longer a person, you have become enlightened.
Each of us have to potential to become Christ, to become a Buddha, we have the same seed; but we can never become Jesus, and we can never become Gautama. this is the reason why a belief system is not the answer, because it teaches you only how to follow Jesus in the case of Christianity. But there is no figure to follow, God is within ourselves, we cannot find Him by walking someone else´s path...

M*W: Change can be scary for some and relief for others. I don't believe it is a "god' who changes you, it is yourself. Only you can imagine your being, and only you can change how you imagine yourself. Had I allowed myself to be more of a pawn to society, I probably would have gone along with the christian game plan just to please the public, but I saw that I was losing myself to a make-believe religion.

Yes, Christianity is a make-believe religion, so are many others, but that doesn´t mean there is no God. There is no religion that will show you the way to reach God, there is not even one.
You can see thousands and thousands of Christians, Catholics, whatever, but none of them have really experienced God.
God is a search within our very soul, our most inner-self, and that is different from person to person.

M*W: Being defensive is not what atheism is about. I don't feel the need to defend my atheism, and I don't care about a god. There is no god, therefore, there is no reason at all to be defensive. I don't have to change unless I want to change. No one else can make me change, and certainly, no imaginary god can make me change. Having been there and done that in the past, I won't go there anymore. It's imaginary, not real.

That is what Im talking about, you don´t know how to reach the realm of God, and now you know you cannot reach it through a religious system... That is a good start my friend.
It is true, only you can change, and through change, internal change, you can reach the kingdom of God in this very realm, this very reality.
But just by saying that you don´t believe in God, you are obviously saying you don´t believe in something you don´t understand. And no one can really understand God, unless you experience it. No one can really tell you what God is, because words are not enough.

M*W: The inability to prove a god exists or doesn't exist is all the more reason for a god to be imaginary. I don't worship an imaginary god. The inability to prove such a being is enough for me to deny its existence. I've been happier with myself since I became an atheist. One must strip away all the imaginary labels society sticks on us. I'm not saying that it is an easy thing to do, but if one pursues happiness, it must be done. We should answer to no one but ourselves.

Only a religious belief system can tell you to worship their God, and it is different in every religion, that is the reason why most people don´t believe in God, confussion. So we agree that religious belief systems are not for real, those are man-made solutions to a divine issue.
Why can´t people explain what God is? because we haven´t experienced Him ourselves, so we can´t possibly explain it to you.
If you try to teach the colors to a blind person, you will not succeed, but the colors are there, they are a reality. But there is no communication between you and the blind person in this matter, because how can you explain colors?
The same happens with the masters and their disciples, the master has experienced the realm of God, but his disciples haven´t, so the master can only try, this is the main obstacle, there is no communication.
But many masters have come to show us techniques and precepts to reach God, and it is very difficult to understand. You need to change, in order to reach God, that is the main reason why you don´t believe in Him. Because why would you change for someone who doesn´t exist?
For me is logical, the fact that there is life within us, it is indeed a prove of God; God is everywere and everything, but we can only experience HIm deep within ourselves.

M*W: Sorry, but I've just seen too many god-fearing people who were miserable to the core. Most, if not all, of these people were christian. It's not about being defensive. If one truly believed in their faith, there would be no need to be defensive. There is no need to be a defensive atheist, either. I'm not defensive about my lack of belief. There are no consequences in being an atheist. It is christians who live in fear. What a way to live! How can one be defensive of something that is not there? That is called delusion.

Yes my friend, that is delusional, but if you believe in karma, you know that everything that happens to you is because of your previous karma. We have done many stupid things, and continue doing this things, this affects our karma.
Then you may think, how can I get over this vicious cycle? of karma, you can, that is what the teachers of manking have come here to show us. You can break the karma cycle, you can be one with the existance, in eternal bliss, and you can achieve that in this very life.
Like Jesus, he paid for his whole Karma in his last life, he broke his cycle, his karma was discipated in the crucifixion, so he will not experience another birth, unless he wants to. Christians don´t tell you this things do they?

When you break the cycle of karma, you get into the realm of God, you become one with the Universe.

Hi there girl, I knew someone would write against my post quickly, it is in your nature to find the truth...

M*W: Please. I am not a "girl." I am a grown woman and a grandmother.

Yes, you were fooled, and they are continue being fooled into following a belief system, no belief system is real; there are spiritual paths as there are people walking in this Earth. The key, is acceptance.

M*W: Acceptance of what? Delusions?

Knowledge is a dangerous thing my friend, if you put selfless love into the equation, you may find wisdom, and that is indeed a wonderful gift.

M*W: Knowledge is dangerous to the delusional. Knowledge destroys the delusions.

You are right, you thought you experienced God, but that is not real.

M*W: I am sick and tired of you telling me what is real and not real to me. You weren't in my mind. You weren't in my life. You cannot know what was real or not for me, so stop trying.

If you really had experienced God, we wouldn´t be having this conversation.

M*W: I believed in a god at one time. I found out there was no god. I am here because I am not afraid there might possibly be a go, but I'd be wrong. I am here, because I am not afraid to encourage others to not be afraid that there is no god.

Most people in religious groups are hipocryte, because of the reasons you stated. There is no "common path" towards God, that doesn´t exist. Each of us have to seek God within ourselves, and not in an external place.

M*W: Why is it so important for you to believe that everyone must seek a god? That's crazy. Gods are simply not needed.

The realm of God is an inner-experience, and once you reach it, there is no center...

M*W: The realm of oneself is also an inner experience.

You become one with the existance, you realize our current reality is nothing but a lie.

M*W: Belief in gods are a lie. They are delusions.

You change my friend, you are no longer a person, you have become enlightened.

M*W: Let me be concerned with my own enlightenment.

Each of us have to potential to become Christ, to become a Buddha, we have the same seed; but we can never become Jesus, and we can never become Gautama.

M*W: But why would anyone want to become christ? I don't know anything about Buddha, and I'm not interested in learning about Buddha right now. Maybe someday in the future I will take up an interest in Buddha, but not today.

this is the reason why a belief system is not the answer, because it teaches you only how to follow Jesus in the case of Christianity.

M*W: I don't have a belief system. All belief systems that involve creator gods are delusional. I chose not to follow the belief system of christianity, because it was delusional.

But there is no figure to follow, God is within ourselves, we cannot find Him by walking someone else´s path...

M*W: I'll agree with this statement. We create our own lives, and we create our own spirit. We're lucky if we can find ourselves on the path of life. Religions prevent us from doing so.

Yes, Christianity is a make-believe religion, so are many others, but that doesn´t mean there is no God.

M*W: Gods are the centers of all religions. Since there is no god, there should be no religions lying to mankind and leading us astray.

There is no religion that will show you the way to reach God, there is not even one. You can see thousands and thousands of Christians, Catholics, whatever, but none of them have really experienced God.

M*W: That matters not. Unless one denies the ways of the world (man-made religions) one can never imagine the truth.

God is a search within our very soul, our most inner-self, and that is different from person to person.

M*W: I had that philosophy when I first came to sciforums, but I learned quickly that I was only kidding myself. I was looking for a god within me, but no god was there. My own will is there, and that is what I follow.

That is what Im talking about, you don´t know how to reach the realm of God, and now you know you cannot reach it through a religious system...

M*W: I don't believe there is a 'realm of god,' nor do I choose to reach such a delusionary place.

That is a good start my friend. It is true, only you can change, and through change, internal change, you can reach the kingdom of God in this very realm, this very reality.

M*W: Not gonna change. Not looking for a god. Happy with reality as I know it.

But just by saying that you don´t believe in God, you are obviously saying you don´t believe in something you don´t understand.

M*W: Please. You're talking out your ass. Go burn some insense or something.

And no one can really understand God, unless you experience it. No one can really tell you what God is, because words are not enough.

M*W: I have a question for you. Why did you come to a predominantly atheist forum? Are you hoping to convert people to your philosophy? You seem to be working hard at it.

Only a religious belief system can tell you to worship their God, and it is different in every religion, that is the reason why most people don´t believe in God, confussion

M*W: Religion = confusion. I agree.

So we agree that religious belief systems are not for real, those are man-made solutions to a divine issue.

M*W: Religions are man-made, ergo the confusion they cause.

Why can´t people explain what God is? because we haven´t experienced Him ourselves, so we can´t possibly explain it to you.

M*W: So, please don't try. I've already experienced a god who wasn't there. I fooled myself.

If you try to teach the colors to a blind person, you will not succeed, but the colors are there, they are a reality.

M*W: Bad analogy. Colors are there whether they are seen or not. God is not there whether he is seen or not.

But there is no communication between you and the blind person in this matter, because how can you explain colors?

M*W: That's silly.

The same happens with the masters and their disciples, the master has experienced the realm of God, but his disciples haven´t, so the master can only try, this is the main obstacle, there is no communication.

M*W: That's delusionary thinking. The whole master-disciple thing is a farce.

But many masters have come to show us techniques and precepts to reach God, and it is very difficult to understand.

M*W: Sure, they come and go like all delusions.

You need to change, in order to reach God, that is the main reason why you don´t believe in Him. Because why would you change for someone who doesn´t exist?

M*W: I keep telling you, there is no god to reach! Who are you to tell me to change?

For me is logical, the fact that there is life within us, it is indeed a prove of God; God is everywere and everything, but we can only experience HIm deep within ourselves.

M*W: If that's what makes you happy, then you believe in it.

Yes my friend, that is delusional, but if you believe in karma, you know that everything that happens to you is because of your previous karma. We have done many stupid things, and continue doing this things, this affects our karma.

M*W: Another delusion!

Then you may think, how can I get over this vicious cycle? of karma, you can, that is what the teachers of manking have come here to show us. You can break the karma cycle, you can be one with the existance, in eternal bliss, and you can achieve that in this very life.

M*W: That's not for me.

Like Jesus, he paid for his whole Karma in his last life, he broke his cycle, his karma was discipated in the crucifixion, so he will not experience another birth, unless he wants to. Christians don´t tell you this things do they?

M*W: Jesus didn't exist, so there was no karma for him. He's a fictional character.

When you break the cycle of karma, you get into the realm of God, you become one with the Universe.

M*W: No karma, no realm of god, nada. All you have are a bunch of wasted words.

Sorry if I offended you somehow, by saying there is a God.

Wow, I cannot imagine how scared are you going to be, when the your time comes, and there is nothing out there to hope for...
But it´s ok if you are happy with yourself you know?

One thing I know, you can never teach how to obtain hapiness unless you know how to be happy.

You've avoided my rebuttal completely. I'm neither angry, nor threatened. I've dealt with theists many many times, and never have I felt angry or threatened by their arguments. Annoyed by their stupidity? Yes.

I'm an avid study of psychology, and my analytical capabilities of both myself and others are superior to most. I can say with utmost assurance that throughout most of my life I've never had some fear of God. Even as a child, when I heard some verse or whatever about fearing God, I never could figure out why (since he was always portrayed as so kind, etc).

Aside from that, I could just as easily say that deep down you're so scared you're building up straw-man attacks to avoid the harsh reality. God doesn't exist. You're terrified about that reality.

And that's about as accurate as your argument above.

Actually, I love change. So long as change is for the better. Your ignorant generalizations are about as accurate as saying a camel thirsts for sand.

Some may say: Jesus didn´t exist, Buddha either, there is no physicall evidence of that.

You say Jesus/Buddha exists, but there's no physical evidence of that. Are you just trying to make yourself feel better by having some mythical characters to lean on?

Jesus myth here.

And further reading can be found by googling "Jesus Myth". There is, aside from the lack of material in the "jesus myth" article, an abundance of evidence for the reports of Jesus to have been falsified.

See here for further information: http://www.atheists.org/christianity/myth.html

So, this make you feel better about yourselfs? that Buddha and Christ are not real? So if you feel better this way, it is because you are afraid of change, because the inner-experience that is God, can only change you, and you don´t want to change. You want a reason to continue being yourselfs, and not change, so you say God doesn´t exist, but by doing this, you are only saying that you don´t want to change.

By saying God does exist you don't want change. Since God has "officially" existed in the minds of the majority of the planet for most of civilizations born days. Atheists are what are changing that.

Therefore, you are afraid of change.

Why else do you get so defensive when someone starts talking about the lack of a God?

Honestly, your arguments are ridiculous.

I'm an analytical person. I live for information. The debate on whether or not God exits is absolutely nothing new to me, but every debate means a slightly different take.

It's unfortunate that your take ends up being one of the most irrational ones.

I know man, I know that you have a lot of arguments about the non-existence of God. But that will only get YOU farther from Him, not me, not others, you will only succeed proving the non-existence of God to yourself.

I know man, I know that you have a lot of arguments about the non-existence of God. But that will only get YOU farther from Him, not me, not others, you will only succeed proving the non-existence of God to yourself.

M*W: All this wisdom you're spewing should be in the philosophy forum.

Don't you believe the fact it gets me "farther from god" proves he doesn't exist? Or do you think you can only find god by not thinking?

Rolling on the floor in hysterics = mad/threatened/scared?

Have you ever been to a comedy club? Were you mad/threatened/scared by the comedians?

You are correct, I would not want to become one of the blissfully ignorant.

Do you deny the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

The thing is, I cannot prove God existance to you, the same as you cannot prove that He doesn´t exist.

I cannot prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the same as you cannot prove it doesn't exist.

You know this, so why do you guys get defensive? because the fact that God may exist disturbs you, more people will experience the realm of God, and you will continue your dis-belief. But that means you are happy with who you currently are.

No one is getting defensive, other than you.

Generally WS, it is not the supposed existence of a god that disturbs us logical folks; it is the unintelligent, centuries old, discriminatory, nepotistic, power-hungry, assimilative, blind-faith, conquest-based, possibly violent behaviour that goes along with it (with current religions). The strategy is, if we can open theists' minds at least to the possibility that god may not exist, we'll foster a developmental stage and continue the growth of humans as a species.

Generally WS, it is not the supposed existence of a god that disturbs us logical folks; it is the unintelligent, centuries old, discriminatory, nepotistic, power-hungry, assimilative, blind-faith, conquest-based, possibly violent behaviour that goes along with it (with current religions). The strategy is, if we can open theists' minds at least to the possibility that god may not exist, we'll foster a developmental stage and continue the growth of humans as a species.

I never spoke of following ANY religion, I am AGAINST religions.

Everytime I speak of God, atheists come and start talking about the evilness of religion, I am with you guys on that one my friend.

The strategy is, if we can open theists' minds at least to the possibility that god may not exist, we'll foster a developmental stage and continue the growth of humans as a species.

I don´t think you are making a reasonable point there my friend.

God is a word created by humans, so you can make a lot of definitions and entities of God, if you talk about that God, I dont believe in it.

I believe in the life essence that is intrisic in all living beings. And I believe all the life in Earth can be accomodated into 1 and only life essence, that I myself call God.

Don't you believe the fact it gets me "farther from god" proves he doesn't exist?

Big NO my friend, it proves it only to youself, you should be aware of that.

This is the same thing, as if I experience God, and try to prove God to you, I couln´t, because I have only prove it to myself.

Or do you think you can only find god by not thinking?

Yes, but an incredible effort needs to be done to achieve this non-thinking virtue, it is called meditation... It is an experience of inner-knowledge that I´m talking about.

Homo nosce te ipsum

Big NO my friend, it proves it only to youself, you should be aware of that.

M*W: It doesn't matter to you what anyone else has to say, so why are you here?

This is the same thing, as if I experience God, and try to prove God to you, I couln´t, because I have only prove it to myself.

M*W: If you are only trying to prove god to yourself, why are you here?

Yes, but an incredible effort needs to be done to achieve this non-thinking virtue, it is called meditation... It is an experience of inner-knowledge that I´m talking about.

M*W: Since you have all this "inner knowledge" you keep talking about, once again, why are you here?

Back