Why are morons often theists?

Of course, God only made athiests as a form of population control. They are required to make policies for mass starvation and design weapons of mass destruction.

Then they go to hell, where they clean toilets with a toothbrush.:shrug:

Is India big on atheism?

Is India big on atheism?

Sure we went through the current New Atheism a few centuries ago (like before the 6th century). :p

Its not a big deal to be an atheist. Not even for politicians. ;)

When the new government of India was sworn in, no less than thirteen Cabinet ministers [out of a total of twenty-nine] chose to make their pledges using the secular phrase "solemnly affirm". as opposed to the usual for of "in the name of god".

And this is a country with officially less than 1% atheism.

according to your logic, that explains why india is so deep in shit then, amirite?

Not to detract from the debate so far, but is it technically atheism if you're, say, the dicktator of an ostensibly communist nation but your masses of proles worship you like a god??

I'm, er, asking for a friend.

i was getting the impression from your first posts, that you were trying to create a correlation between atheism and evil policies and war

should i take it that you want to leave that behind as of now?

i was getting the impression from your first posts, that you were trying to create a correlation between atheism and evil policies and war

should i take it that you want to leave that behind as of now?

That was just to piss off the athiests. :D

Personally I think that people will do what they will, regardless of religion. I mean, just imagine the most crack pot religious person you know. Take away his religion, will that person miraculously become a different individual? I would name some crackpot atheists here, but I don't want to set off any hissy fits. :D

I'd sugest you stop posting things "just to piss off the atheists" if you don't want them to act like crackpots

You know, that bit of respect that all the threads in the religion forum are missing, from both parts...

besides, posting stuff just to piss people off doesn't look too good for a mod, some people might call it trolling and stuff

I'd sugest you stop posting things "just to piss off the atheists" if you don't want them to act like crackpots

Already tried that in the beginning. Now I use their own arguments against them. :D

ie grow a thick skin, yeesh!

Yeah apparently, atheists don't follow their own morally righteous preachings.

Strange, that. ;)

Not to detract from the debate so far, but is it technically atheism if you're, say, the dicktator of an ostensibly communist nation but your masses of proles worship you like a god??

I'm, er, asking for a friend.

Only if they see you walking around after you are dead.

Otherwise Brad Pitt is the leader of a religion.

I think Greenspan would have qualified.

Only if they see you walking around after you are dead.

Otherwise Brad Pitt is the leader of a religion.

I think Greenspan would have qualified.

Hmm. But what if they mistakenly attribute powers of healing and social unity to you? Like say, I don't know, if you printed a bunch of forty foot posters showing you healing the sick and lame, and then plastered them all over a soot-choked capital city named after you? By accident, let's say.

My - uh - friend wants to know.

Back