Who goes to heaven?

i think there is a bit more to then being christian or just leading a good life. I think it is more the abillity to join both of these together. Being christian and leading a good life.
After all why would you be worried about not going to heaven if you didnt believe in it in the first place.

Originally posted by MShark
Why don't you think that God would forgive you of all of your sins when you are at deaths door step? I have two children and no matter what they could possibly ever do if they came to me and asked me to forgive them I would.

I love my kids so much yet I believe that God loves each of us much more than that. So according to that belief it would only make sense that she would forgive me any time any where.

That is a nice thought, but if He would forgive us all, then why would He ever punish anyone? Isn't that just too easy? That leaves so much room for evil then. That is why I can't bring myself to ask for forgiveness, I don't think I am deserving.

Qiothus II

I don't think that God is forced to punish us. Forgivness is a pretty cool idea. If we had to earn our way into heaven I know for sure that I would be screwed. One nice side effect of believing that God forgives me is that I can forgive myself.

i'm going to heaven, even though I am an atheist and a sinner. I'm a catholic, been baptized, did my communion thingie...i'm basically set for heaven.

good that I wasn't born a protestant...would have gone straight to hell.

And how many heavens are there, anyway? There's a third one mentioned somewhere in the Bible. :bugeye:

Originally posted by The All Knowing
Those who live their lives justly, will be saved. You don't have to be a Christian to be saved, that's the myth created by the institution of Christianity, and is blasphemy to what Jesus taught. Remember that Jesus didn't create Christianity, people centuries later did. Slavation comes through spirituality, not some religion.

All you need to do is live your life as outlined by Jesus, which most people do.

Centuries later? All of Paul's letters were written within 30 years of Jesus' death, for he was executed less than 35 years after Jesus was. I have no idea, where the idea of Centuries came in. The whole New Testament was written, less than 70 years after Jesus death. John wrote the Revelation in the late 90s, and that was the last letter written in the New Testament.

Originally posted by Firefly
And how many heavens are there, anyway? There's a third one mentioned somewhere in the Bible. :bugeye:

The Judeo/Christians believe that there are 3 heavens. The first being all that one can see on earth, during the daylight hours. Yes Earth is the first heaven. The second heaven, is all that one can see on a cloudless, moon-less night. The third heaven, is the place of the righteous dead, the place where God visibly dwells.

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
i'm going to heaven, even though I am an atheist and a sinner. I'm a catholic, been baptized, did my communion thingie...i'm basically set for heaven.

good that I wasn't born a protestant...would have gone straight to hell.

And on what biblical scripture, are you basing this hope on? Or have you just been lulled in to a false sense of security?

Originally posted by Firefly

The Judeo/Christians believe that there are 3 heavens. The first being all that one can see on earth, during the daylight hours. Yes Earth is the first heaven. The second heaven, is all that one can see on a cloudless, moon-less night. The third heaven, is the place of the righteous dead, the place where God visibly dwells.

Originally posted by biblthmp
And on what biblical scripture, are you basing this hope on? Or have you just been lulled in to a false sense of security?

it doesn't really matter...it is not like god exists. Hence you might be lulled in a false sence of security.

and these things are not written in biblical scriptures. If the catholic church decides it is so then it is so.

Originally posted by The All Knowing
Those who live their lives justly, will be saved. You don't have to be a Christian to be saved, that's the myth created by the institution of Christianity, and is blasphemy to what Jesus taught. Remember that Jesus didn't create Christianity, people centuries later did. Slavation comes through spirituality, not some religion.

All you need to do is live your life as outlined by Jesus, which most people do.

So then when Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

And, "Truly, truly I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

He had no idea what he was saying in either case, huh?

i am going to the one with the good view and heated swimming pool

is the xtian heaven and muslim heaven separate? id like to go to the one where virgins are promised :D who needs cable after that.. :p

Back