Who claimed to have personally met a historical Jesus ?

the story of Jesus has many striking similarities with other stories found in predated religions. it's not easy to see it's a copycat. the earlier Christians didn't have Internet and libraries to figure this out but we, the people of the 21st century, should know better.

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/

/thread

Be careful with that one. I don't believe that anyone who has made (or repeated) such claims has ever been able to provide a single reference to writings (which predate those of the New Testament) that support them.

Somewhat, but you can continue. So evolution if its not a theory then it must be fact.
It's a fact that evolution occurs. Evolution is a theory (an explanation for various facts).

Well fact is more people believe in Jesus that evolution
So what?
The fact that people believe doesn't make the subject of their belief factual.

and when it is no longer a theory and it is solid fact it will only further prove Jesus.
Apart from being tautological this is unfounded speculation. What makes you think Jesus' existence will be proved?

So far all he posted where links to people millions, thousands or was it trillions of years after the fact.

What a clever rebuttal. :rolleyes:

That's it?
You're going to claim there's no evidence because you stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and shout "La la la I can't hear you"?
Because you wish to remain remain ignorant?

What a clever rebuttal. :rolleyes:

That's it?
You're going to claim there's no evidence because you stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and shout "La la la I can't hear you"?
Because you wish to remain remain ignorant?

I never once stated it could not be true.

I never once stated it could not be true.
Beside the point.
If you're asking for evidence then you apparently haven't seen any.
And you, equally apparently, don't want to see any.
That's what I meant by ignorance.

Show one link where i even implied it.
Show one link where I said you'd claimed it.

That is why we are still looking for evidence.
We already HAVE evidence. :rolleyes:

Unqualified expert opinion!
Stupid comment.
If I'm an expert then I'm qualified. If I'm unqualified then I'm not an expert.
And it's not an opinion, it's based on your post: you refuse to accept the the evidence, dismissing it as "Words on a page".

Back