Who believes and who doesn't?

Who believes and who doesn't?

• You hold a firm belief in a supernatural presence or universal structure of some type

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • You hold no beliefs in the supernatural

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • You are unsure of where you stand on these issues

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cris

In search of Immortality
Valued Senior Member
There have been many new members since the last poll so it would be useful to see the numbers now.

Edit for clarification.

Option 1 -

I guess that should read supernatural universal structure...

I guess adding the term spiritual might have helped.

The first item is meant to capture all religious beliefs in all their varied forms.

Last edited:
I think once you have a general understanding of superstition and the emotional reasons why people hold superstitious beliefs... Then it is safe to say that there is no need for you to join in.

Got better things to squander my imagination on.

I still believe in one less god than everyone else.

What about those part of polytheistic religions? :p

Me? Who knows. If there's a god, there's no way to prove or disprove it. If one somehow magically shows up, I won't be surprised, and if one never shows, I won't be disappointed.

- N

If one somehow magically shows up, I won't be surprised

Oh come on, you would a bit.

13.7 billion years and everything that exists evidently occurred through natural process. If some irrefutable supernatural event occurrs which shows sign of an outside intelligence, I doubt you would just go "ah well..." then carry on reading the weather report... :D

I don't believe in the supernatural, but I think the universe can be considered a kind of unified structure.

I'm not even sure what supernatural is? Are things outside of our universe supernatural?

Anyway, I don't beleive that anything within reality is supernatural.
I'm agnostic atheist I suppose that's "weak-atheist"

Michael

So would a deist deity be a natural phenomenon? I.e. Understandable according to the laws of physics?

There was a report some years ago that a UK Bishop had stated he didn't believe in the virgin birth or that Jesus was divine. I think they labeled him an atheist.

Nothing supernatural whatsoever... other than Lenny the leprechaun, who does exist. You just need faith.. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, middle one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back