Which one is more scientific: Allopathy or Homeopathy?

It's wrong to supress the disease further depper in to the body. It will come bak afte some time, this time with greater intensity.

By ultra dilution, you get rid of side (bad) effects of medicine, and you did not torure your body to undergo high material/crude doses of drugs

lol

Homeopathy is an evedince based medicine. The proof of its efficacy manifests in millions of people world wide who have been benefitted and cured by homeopathy.

Homeopathy is supported by worldwide clinical research.
Placebo effect.

Allopathy has no cure for many disease. In allopathy, if the disease can not be diagnosed, there can be no treatment.
Oh and Homeopathy can ? lol
This proves it's not scientific.

actually thats a great idea if he wants to get involved.

I actually expected sam to join in on the other side

actually i only want people who have access to cochrane and MAW is an american so he doesnt have access to it. I put a stipulation into the rules that ONLY published randomised clincial trials (ie medline) and cochrane reviews are alowed

What is cochrane ? I'm pretty sure I don't have access to it though.. :eek:

i changed my post because i forgot MAW is actually a doc so he SHOULD have access to it

As for what cochrane is its meta resurch. lost of goverments pay for country wide access

this is there home page: http://www.cochrane.org/

In general they ONLY take double blind trials (unless its something like a surgical procidure) from all over the world and they put them together and come up with an answer from all that resurch.

Its the gold standed of evidence based med

i changed my post because i forgot MAW is actually a doc so he SHOULD have access to it

As for what cochrane is its meta resurch. lost of goverments pay for country wide access

this is there home page: http://www.cochrane.org/

In general they ONLY take double blind trials (unless its something like a surgical procidure) from all over the world and they put them together and come up with an answer from all that resurch.

Its the gold standed of evidence based med
Thanks for the explanation.
As for Mad, that's why I recommended him :)

It would help a lot, if you explained exactly what this 'energy' is and exactly how it works.

It's a mystical energy imbued by only those that charge for their services.

Regular water which comes into contact with all plant life on the planet, and is then dissolved in the sea, and precipitated, on a cycle, somehow never picks up, or always loses this imprint. But if you are charged money for the water, the imprint or energy remains.

Convenient for homeopaths that, huh? ;-)

Hmm I don't really agree, although I admit that it's has become something of a culture to suppress.

What about the virtually infinitely diluted solutions Homeopathy works with ?
And their claims that water molecules that have been in contact with the active substance remember it somehow ?

My own homeopath was also a fully qualified allopath. He found homeopathy more useful for chronic conditions.

It's a mystical energy imbued by only those that charge for their services.

Regular water which comes into contact with all plant life on the planet, and is then dissolved in the sea, and precipitated, on a cycle, somehow never picks up, or always loses this imprint. But if you are charged money for the water, the imprint or energy remains.

Convenient for homeopaths that, huh? ;-)

Don't be so cynical. I read an article in Crackpots' Monthly which described how a man became a millionaire. He placed coins in water, removed them and diluted the water. The rest is a secret.

Then he must have been a lousy doctor.Can you give us a few examples of his findings ?

Yup, myself. I had chronic anemia and took iron supplements for 6 years to correct it. Did not work. Took a homeopathy course for 6 months. That was 20 years ago. Haven't taken supplements since and have a hemoglobin of over 13 for all that time, or at least when I have had occasion to measure it. According to this doctor [he was a military doctor], the efficacy of homeopathy depends on the ability of the homeopath to correctly diagnose the underlying disorder.

In allopathy, new medicines (sources are mostly chemical/synthetic) are constantly being created, tested in test-tubes, sick persons, or animals (rats), and going in and out of market every few years once their side effects (typical examples are of steroids, antibiotics, hormones) become obvious to the general public. How many allopathic drugs of yesterday can be found on the chemists' shelves today? They all had their day, and their alluring names have faded into oblivion (because they are declared ineffective or dangerous), only to be replaced by newer drugs.

Homeopathic medicines (prepared from many natural substances such as herbs and minerals) used in the times of Dr. S. Hahnemann (200 yrs back) are used even today because of their efficacy. They have been tried and tested on healthy human beings. They are known, trusted, and reliable.

Allopathy is by far more scientific. As you point out, allopathic medicine requires testing and experimentation. Some such experimentation falsifies the effect, mind, and drug companies have a whole cheerful host of marketing strategies designed to bulwark their fortunes against that, but that doesn't detract from the reality of their scientific process. Homeopathy does not remotely register, except as a placebo effect.

Mind you, it does have a wonderful effect on the psyche of the practitioner, who is able to ease their mind by their augmented bank account.

Back