Where do you go?

Firingseeds,

just trying to wake u up, mate.
I have to admit that these last 4 years at sciforums debating with theists and especially Christians has opened my eyes to reality more than any other experience for a long time. There was a certain lack of confidence and some doubts about my facts when I started but as I researched issues to produce replies, I discovered a vast wealth of information about religion and Christianity that cemented my conviction that Christianity is worthless. I do indeed have believers such as you largely to thank for helping me reach that realization.

When I read your posts like any theists I now notice the complete lack of any factual content. Your assertions and preaching are just vacuous baseless assertions. Quite worthless. No offence, but that is a simple objective observation.

god is the most interesting, most complicated subject there is.
I used to think that, but it isn’t true. The issue of god belief is very simple. It is just false hope. A dream you so desperately hope is true because you can’t find any purpose in your life otherwise.

u are totally oblivious to the spiritual world-
If meant in a religious sense then I have no reason to believe there is a spiritual world.

to your own inner being-
I’m not sure you know what that is but after nearly 30 years of meditation I suspect I have a much closer knowledge of my inner being than you will ever be able to achieve for yourself through the fantasy of Christianity.

not knowing that earth etc is just a pinprick in god's kingdom.
The Earth is indeed a pinprick compared to the vastness of the universe. And man is equally insignificant.

in which he rules, bytheway, over millions and millions.
But still an insignificant number compared to the size of the universe.

the info i just supplied, is based on the gospel, in case u wondering.
I wasn’t but I have discovered from past research that the gospels are almost pure myth, just for your information of course. It also seems highly unlikely that Jesus ever existed.

this is all creation, chris, including yaself.
No, just the universe. And there is no reason to believe it was ever created.

there is only certain paths u can follow, u can't do anything else.
I don’t believe in any such constraints. You can achieve almost anything if you have the will and desire and the confidence.

u can't be somethin' ya not. u can try, but it doesn't work.
That is very sad if you have been taught that. It isn’t true.

u have no control over karma apart from producing good fruit, which helps on a rainy day.
One of your random odd thoughts again.

living as a natural is the saddest time...i well remember.
I have never been happier or freer.

if ya happy, u should enjoy,

but i can't see how an opponent of the lord is ever happy..as they well know.
That’s because you are now locked into an unhealthy addictive dependence on a fantasy that if it were to be removed would leave you a mental wreck. People like me who threaten your false ideals must really frighten you. You are forced to believe that your fantasy is superior to the reality in which I live, and you must convince and repeat to yourself that I can’t possibly be happy.

Perhaps one day when you are freed from your religious prison you will be able to experience real freedom as I do. I have been in both places and there is no comparison. But it takes a significant mental effort and a real sense of logic to break free from the brainwashing you have so readily accepted.

You can start by carefully examining the words you post to me and look for any factual content. You won’t find any because you are living in a vacuum outside of reality where facts simply do not exist.

Take care
Cris

Originally posted by Cris
I have to admit that these last 4 years at sciforums debating with theists and especially Christians has opened my eyes to [color=blue"[/color]reality" more than any other experience for a long time. There was a certain lack of confidence and some doubts about my "facts" when I started but as I researched issues to produce replies, I discovered a vast wealth of information about religion and Christianity that cemented my conviction that Christianity is worthless.
Worthless for you dear Cris. None who hate the cold would consider an air conditioning unit useful. Yet you might never know what all that 'heat' is doing to your head. It might make you delusional where 'reality' is concerned.
I do indeed have believers such as you largely to thank for helping me reach that realization.
Not really, only you and your [color=orange-red]friend.[/color]
When I read your posts like any theists I now notice the complete lack of any factual content. Your assertions and preaching are just vacuous baseless assertions. Quite worthless. No offence, but that is a simple objective observation.
Offense is the word. Maybe when you imporve your adeptness in the Englsih language theist posts might become less non-descript.
I used to think that, but it isn’t true. The issue of god belief is very simple. It is just false hope. A dream you so desperately hope is true because you can’t find any purpose in your life otherwise.
This is a baseless vacuous comment. Hey, maybe I just don't understand it.
after nearly 30 years of meditation I suspect I have a much closer knowledge of my inner being than you will ever be able to achieve for yourself through the fantasy of Christianity.
An aparent antithesis. You have no inner being. Remember? That's just a false hope.
I wasn’t but I have discovered from past research that the gospels are almost pure myth, just for your information of course. It also seems highly unlikely that Jesus ever existed.
That's why I never take your posts seriously. You seem completely deluded and living in your own "reality"; one of those atheists who cite rational reasons for disbelieving when they don't realise that a [color=orange-red]demon is speaking through them.[/COLOR]
No, just the universe. And there is no reason to believe it was ever created.
No reason for you to believe it, because you seem to be an empty shell, which propogates evil.
I don’t believe in any such constraints. You can achieve almost anything if you have the will and desire and the confidence.
Jesus said that in the Gospels - in a paraphrase. I guess they aren't all fantasy now are they? Unless of course you want to retract your statement as another baseless vacuous one.
Of course you can always make people believe you are something you aren't
You are forced to believe that your fantasy is superior to the reality in which I live, and you must convince and repeat to yourself that I can’t possibly be happy.
As you are, dear Cris.
I have been in both places and there is no comparison. But it takes a significant mental effort and a real sense of logic to break free from the brainwashing you have so readily accepted.
A lot of self delusion and demonic help I'm sure. It's quite easily done; either your friend has made you blind to it or you are simply lying.

You aren't free Cris, you are completely constricted by your logic which is quite limited within itself.

Not an attack on you per-say. Just your crappy stance.

Continue enjoying you 'free', 'happy' life.

MarcAC,

Worthless for you dear Cris.
My dear Marc, Christianity is worthless for everyone who has any regard for truth, but for those who find comfort in living a fantasy then of course they find value. There will always likely to be the weak-minded.

Not really, only you and your friend.
Oh Marc, you poor man, you really hate to think that Christians like yourself have actually helped people become stronger atheists. Your funny antics when viewed objectively can only lead to stronger disbelief. Stand back and take a look at yourself as a prime example.

Offense is the word. Maybe when you imporve your adeptness in the Englsih language theist posts might become less non-descript.
The truth can never be an offence. In such a case offence is only a perception of the ignorant. Perhaps you should learn to spell by the way; you made two errors in your brief attempt to ridicule my English.

This is a baseless vacuous comment. Hey, maybe I just don't understand it.
Quite likely, you are a Christian with a consequent limited intellect after all.

An aparent antithesis. You have no inner being. Remember? That's just a false hope.
Marc, don’t you understand the difference of knowing oneself and the fantasies of souls. Oh silly me of course you don’t.

That's why I never take your posts seriously.
Shame, you would learn something.

You seem completely deluded and living in your own "reality";
I prefer any reality rather than your fantasy.

one of those atheists who cite rational reasons for disbelieving when they don't realise that a demon is speaking through them.
LOL, and you talk to me about being delusional. So show me a demon, prove such idiotic ideas represent a truth?

No reason for you to believe it, because you seem to be an empty shell, which propogates evil.
Riiiight! So somehow that proves that the universe was created then?

You can achieve almost anything if you have the will and desire and the confidence.

Jesus said that in the Gospels - in a paraphrase. I guess they aren't all fantasy now are they? Unless of course you want to retract your statement as another baseless vacuous one.
Just goes to prove that one doesn’t need a God to discover truth and wisdom, I did it all by myself without reference to the gospels.

Of course you can always make people believe you are something you aren't.
In this case I doubt it. Until you can see for yourself the idiocy of Christianity then you are unlikely to be able to experience the superb cathartic relief that comes when someone finally discards the choking suffocation of Christian fallacy.

You are forced to believe that your fantasy is superior to the reality in which I live, and you must convince and repeat to yourself that I can’t possibly be happy.

As you are, dear Cris.
So my dear Marc at least you agree you are living a fantasy. Whether I am or not is not the issue, but I’m glad you agree you are fantasizing.

A lot of self delusion and demonic help I'm sure. It's quite easily done; either your friend has made you blind to it or you are simply lying.
And truth is something you cannot consider since to do so would conflict with the result of your successful religious brainwashing.

You aren't free Cris, you are completely constricted by your logic which is quite limited within itself.
The alternative is illogic which you are therefore advocating and admit for yourself.

Not an attack on you per-say. Just your crappy stance.
LOL. Now who’s lying? But then as a Christian living a lie you cannot tell the difference between truth and fallacy. Try proving that a god, or a divine savior, or demons, or devils exist, or have ever existed. This is your fantasy world.

Bravo MarcAC,
You are a genius not to be messed around with......Thank god it was Cris and not me................That was a one coooooooold much needed shower for Cris.

Flores,

LOL. Dream on. And still baseless fantasy assertions from all of you.

chris,

If Christianity is false in your eyes, then fine, let it be. But what have we to lose if we're wrong(aside from an argument) and what have you to gain if you're right?

(*nudges cris while raising a brow and kind of flinging head in the direction of his bait*)

Jcarl,

If Christianity is false in your eyes, then fine, let it be. But what have we to lose if we're wrong(aside from an argument) and what have you to gain if you're right?
Good questions.

The simple answer and the underlying basis for every religion is death.

If you’ve bought into a religion then you believe you have solved the problem of death and shouldn’t be concerned with what is considered an inevitable event. You expect an afterlife.

From a materialists perspective such as mine the problem is not solved since death means the end of my existence. And if I am right then the end of yours as well.

For Christians the primary objective of believing is to achieve what Jesus promised “Believe in me and you shall have everlasting life”. I’m no different to any Christian except that I don’t think such an everlasting life is possible after I die.

At this time 2003, never before in the entire history of mankind has technology and medical science been so advanced as to be in a position where unlimited human lifespan might be possible.

http://www.imminst.org/
http://www.lef.org/anti-aging/research.html

While the amount of research has been ramping up in a seemingly exponential manner in the last decade it may not be enough to solve the problems of involuntary death within my lifetime, and that is not acceptable.

So my problems with religion are twofold –

(1) With the belief that there is an afterlife then there is no incentive to really solve the death problem. If more people believed there was no afterlife then more people would be involved in anti-aging research and other related technologies.

(2) Political leaders who have religious leanings such as the Dubya deliberately block scientific research such as stem cell research that would directly help anti-aging research.

But really, I do like a contentious debate. ;)

Back