What's YOUR issue with homosexuality???

Oniw17 said:
This is the one that I would like to discuss. Aren't a lot of things that we do in our society a waste of time and energy? Like riding roller caosters? Having sex while wearing a condem(n?)?
Finally. Thank you.

Yes, you are correct. But I'm referring to our evolutionary past (i.e. BR vs PR Before Rollercoasters vs Post Rollercoasters...).

I don't claim that all of the things I pointed out are necessecarily relevant, but when I mention a waste of time or anything else along those lines, I don't mean a conscious choice. I mean an unconscious, instinctive, evolutionary diverting of reproductive resources.

superluminal said:
Meanwhile...

Some key evolutionary facts:

1) Males can impregnate many females in a short period, while females, once impregnated, must invest a minimum of 9 months.

2) While males usually are nice about winning the right to mate with females, females can be taken and impregnated at just about any time.

3) A female engaged with another female is no mating threat, especially given factoid #2.

4) Given the male drive to impregnate as many females as possible, and the fact that most males also participate in child rearing, male-male sexual bonding is an extreme waste of time and energy.

5) Males are overwhelmingly visually oriented to the female cues of sexual readiness

Oh for a super sized extra stinky diaper bomb!

superluminal said:
Finally. Thank you.

Yes, you are correct. But I'm referring to our evolutionary past (i.e. BR vs PR Before Rollercoasters vs Post Rollercoasters...).

I don't claim that all of the things I pointed out are necessecarily relevant, but when I mention a waste of time or anything else along those lines, I don't mean a conscious choice. I mean an unconscious, instinctive, evolutionary diverting of reproductive resources.
Yes unconscious and instinctive being the operative words. Just as gays can't override their homosexuality, we cant override our instinct to be repulsed by that homosexuality.

superluminal said:
Excuse me? Seriously, what bothers you about that?

In case you haven't noticed, we stopped living in caves a loooooooong time ago.

OK!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP! Is it that hard to obey two simple rules that I have put up for this post to avoid EXACTLY what is happening now???!??!? Suprisingly it wasn't closed-minded heterosexuals that drowned this post. So if anybody has anything INTELLIGENT AND NOT INSULTING/RUDE to say that PERTAINS TO THE QUESTION AT HAND please say it now so that we may drop this bullsh*t and try to have a decent discussion!

imaplanck. said:
Yes unconscious and instinctive being the operative words. Just as gays can't override their homosexuality, we cant override our instinct to be repulsed by that homosexuality.

Pat each other on the back now, why don't you.

This is such a load of crap. What happened to "rationality"?

Or does not only ever surface in the Religion sub-forum?

samcdkey said:
In case you haven't noticed, we stopped living in caves a loooooooong time ago.
Ok sam. Do you still react instinctively if you feel yourself slipping or falling? How about your reaction to stress induced by schoolwork such as oral exams or speeches (heart racing, palms sweating, etc, i.e. fight/flight adrenalin response).

Point being, that we are a looong way from evolving out of fundamental instinctive behaviors, especially those as fundamental as sexual behaviors.

samcdkey said:
Pat each other on the back now, why don't you.

This is such a load of crap. What happened to "rationality"?

Or does not only ever surface in the Religion sub-forum?
Sam, are you feeling ok? Really? What's disturbing you so much about some simple evolutionary biology observations?

superluminal said:
Sam, are you feeling ok? Really? What's disturbing you so much about some simple evolutionary biology observations?

Oh and what makes you so certain that they are simple evolutionary biology observations?

Homosexual behavior is hardly uncommon in all male populations with restricted access to females, even in heterosexual males.

And it's just a degree of homophobia dressed up to look nice.

samcdkey said:
Oh and what makes you so certain that they are simple evolutionary biology observations?
Uh, because I made the observations and that's all they were?

Homosexual behavior is hardly uncommon in all male populations with restricted access to females, even in heterosexual males.
Agreed. Never said otherwise.

And it's just a degree of homophobia dressed up to look nice.
Well then. You are quite the evolutionary scientist. If I explain the coloration of blacks vs whites as a result of geographically driven evolutionary selection for ultraviolet tolerance, I suppose that makes me a racist.

All I'm trying to do is explain the FACT that most straight men (as a factual population majority) are to one degree or another personally disturbed by the thought of homosexual interaction, in terms of evolutionary biology.

Do you not understand this? You somehow think we decide to be viscerally creeped-out by the thought?

Do you want to understand this or just rail against it?

samcdkey said:
I have gay friends of both sexes. I don't feel repulsed if a woman makes a pass at me- her feelings are more likely to be hurt than mine. And it's a shame that so many gay guys are so much better looking and more sensiitive than straight guys.

This man said it's gruesome,
That someone so handsome should care...

-This Charming Man

What's MY issue? I have had plenty of thoughts growing up of:

"What's wrong with me?"

"Why do I feel this way?"

"God, just make it stop"

It took me SO long for me to get over the fact that I was created this way. I kept on thinking to myself...if I just ignore these feelings, if I just put them in the back of my mind that it will go away. Well it didn't! And because of my constant battle with society it made things SO hard to deal with...to the point of suicide. Does that make me a weak person? At the time...I believe so...but I have grown into a beautiful creation. God's creation. I know you said no religion...but I do believe now that God has created me this way. For me thinking this way ever since I was a little kid...it's just impossible to believe that God hates me for who I am...

That said...I do have a few other things...

I am QUITE proud of how far society has come since the coming of the millenium. It's quite amazing what a little acceptance will do...

Will and Grace...Ellen...both are LOVED shows by this country and we have come SO far as a whole...every minority has had to deal with BS...now it's our turn...and bashing "breeders" is exactly why it's so easy for them to hate us. We all have to grow together, that's the only way we're going to make this happen.

OK! LoL...One more thing...I am gay, but guys why oh WHY must some of you be flaming!!! Just because you are gay does not mean you still do not have a penis between your legs! We're still men...act like one! An occasional little snap, what now bytch is fine...but don't let it overun your life...it's just unnecessary and NOT helping our cause...Ok...I'm done. Haha. :)

Agamurphnon said:
What's MY issue? I have had plenty of thoughts growing up of:

"What's wrong with me?"

"Why do I feel this way?"

"God, just make it stop"

It took me SO long for me to get over the fact that I was created this way. I kept on thinking to myself...if I just ignore these feelings, if I just put them in the back of my mind that it will go away. Well it didn't! And because of my constant battle with society it made things SO hard to deal with...to the point of suicide. Does that make me a weak person? At the time...I believe so...but I have grown into a beautiful creation. God's creation. I know you said no religion...but I do believe now that God has created me this way. For me thinking this way ever since I was a little kid...it's just impossible to believe that God hates me for who I am...

That said...I do have a few other things...

I am QUITE proud of how far society has come since the coming of the millenium. It's quite amazing what a little acceptance will do...

Will and Grace...Ellen...both are LOVED shows by this country and we have come SO far as a whole...every minority has had to deal with BS...now it's our turn...and bashing "breeders" is exactly why it's so easy for them to hate us. We all have to grow together, that's the only way we're going to make this happen.

OK! LoL...One more thing...I am gay, but guys why oh WHY must some of you be flaming!!! Just because you are gay does not mean you still do not have a penis between your legs! We're still men...act like one! An occasional little snap, what now bytch is fine...but don't let it overun your life...it's just unnecessary and NOT helping our cause...Ok...I'm done. Haha. :)

Everybody say hello to my boyfriend. :) Hey babe. hehe.

MZ3Boy84 said:
Everybody say hello to my life partner. :) Hey babe. hehe.
Welcome. I'm straight and the thought of homosexual umm... sex, creeps me out. Note the "kick me, I'm a homophobe" sign on my ass. Let the kicking begin.

Bah.

superluminal said:
Welcome. I'm straight and the thought of homosexual umm... sex, creeps me out. Note the "kick me, I'm a homophobe" sign on my ass. Let the kicking begin.

Bah.

LoL. Well the though of sex between two women creeps me out. :)

Back