What's with the headrush?

I didn't even know it was addictive..unless you're very high on the bell curve and you can get mind altering effects from it...

Detox symptoms:

Symptoms can last anything from a few days to about a week - depending on how much caffeine you were consuming. About 12 hours after stopping, these are the symptoms you can expect:

* Headache
* Fatigue
* "Bad mood"
* Depression
* Irritability
* Difficulty keeping concentration
* Flu-like symptoms including nausea, vomiting, and muscle pain.
http://healthfieldmedicare.suite101.com/article.cfm/caffeine_addiction

I want to add tunnel vision, it's unreal.
I read somewhere else that with some people detox can cause more serious problem that can last for months.

I've a fucking horrible *what I think is a virus* at the moment, and I get a headrush if I stand up too fast...what's the cause of that? I'm assuming to do with congestion messing with the balance mechanism in the ear?

I passed out from one of those head rushes once and fell down a flight of stairs.

Fucking Christ!!! That's disturbing.

And I thought it was just harmless stuff to give you energy...

I'm definitely less fond of Red Bull now.

Enmos:

'Caffeine (and theophylline) can freely diffuse into cells and causes intracellular calcium release (independent of extracellular calcium) from the calcium stores in the endoplasmic reticulum(ER). This release is only partially blocked by Ryanodine receptor blockade with ryanodine, dantrolene, ruthenium red, and procaine (thus may involve ryanodine receptor and probably some additional calcium channels), but completely abolished after calcium depletion of ER '

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

'Caffeine (and theophylline) can freely diffuse into cells and causes intracellular calcium release (independent of extracellular calcium) from the calcium stores in the endoplasmic reticulum(ER). This release is only partially blocked by Ryanodine receptor blockade with ryanodine, dantrolene, ruthenium red, and procaine (thus may involve ryanodine receptor and probably some additional calcium channels), but completely abolished after calcium depletion of ER '

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

Hmm maybe I should cut back..

well have you not felt those symptoms you yourself described? ( Dont hold the nose while swimming down, swim upside down with tilted axis of the center of body mass...for 1 minute...

:confused:

You mean suffocation ?

well its close to it...thats when the heaven is very close to touch.

Have you ever had a massive headache accompanied with extreme nausea and imbalance not unlike when you're drunk, while viewing the world through a smoke-filled straw ?

Have you ever had a massive headache accompanied with extreme nausea and imbalance not unlike when you're drunk, while viewing the world through a smoke-filled straw ?

well yes...except no "smoke filled" being involved.

Nope...never...the most effect I'll get from caffeine is more energy than usual...

Yep.. I have a similar reaction to nicotine detox.. except no nausea and less imbalance :(

Both only happen once or twice though. I may have been tired then too..

I've done that, when I was really tired. I had some coffee and I was like 'shit this will keep me awake...' but nope, I was fine.

Never have caffeine while on a raging adrenaline high, though. I once had some Red Bull after going mountain biking. Didn't sleep until circa 3am.

Back