What's on your iPod?

Yes! I have that CD. It's wonderful.

you too sir, get a *virtual high five* :cool:

This song always makes me smile...enjoy.
Happy Friday, everyone....weeeeeeee! :D

[video=youtube;H5c2iTcSlbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5c2iTcSlbE[/video]

[video=youtube;wjWcF1QJx1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWcF1QJx1Y&feature=youtu.be&t=1s[/video]

Not bad. I like the message.

Can I ask you something, Bebes? Do you think you can learn to trust again?

Not bad. I like the message.

Can I ask you something, Bebes? Do you think you can learn to trust again?

Trust is a complex process. It depends on who or what I am supposed to trust, and why. When those questions are answered begins a scrutinizing process to evaluate the reliability of who, what and why and if it's worth taking the risk. If the benefits exceeds the doubts then probably yes. But then again, you never trust to 100%, maybe just temporarily, to gain a desired goal.
:)

Why do you ask?

But then again, you never trust to 100%, maybe just temporarily, to gain a desired goal. :)

Why do you ask?

Because short term solutions and eroded trust is classic, you know that.

See ya later, Bebes. :)

[video=youtube;K2wt0Cj49EE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wt0Cj49EE[/video]

Because short term solutions and eroded trust is classic, you know that.

See ya later, Bebes. :)

Yes, well, some people have completely burned their bridges in my life, but the good thing is I learned to trust myself no matter what.

[video=youtube_share;GC63HGcsfEg]http://youtu.be/GC63HGcsfEg[/video]

Jared is a cutie though. :D

Solid Blues. This is a fune tune, not what i was lookin for. First time i heard this and....:worship:

Ladies and Gentleman...

...magic west side boogie.....................................................

[video=youtube;U3dgnNlSPKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3dgnNlSPKQ[/video]

Yes, well, some people have completely burned their bridges in my life, but the good thing is I learned to trust myself no matter what.

I identify with this; I have the same issues with trust.
:eek:

my contribution for the day.....

[video=youtube;YfZLb2VCA_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZLb2VCA_w[/video]

Trust is a complex process. It depends on who or what I am supposed to trust, and why. When those questions are answered begins a scrutinizing process to evaluate the reliability of who, what and why and if it's worth taking the risk. If the benefits exceeds the doubts then probably yes. But then again, you never trust to 100%, maybe just temporarily, to gain a desired goal.
A typical scenario after betrayal is to lose trust in oneself. One begins to question and then doubt one's own ability to see warning signs, or even simply to take good care of oneself. If this happens then the first step is to do whatever is necessary to rebuild that trust. This typically cannot be done without help, which unfortunately feeds back into the trust issue by doubting one's ability to choose a helper.

It's important to recognize the issue and begin doing damage control while one still has a few people in one's life who are trusted. If one has even given up on family and lifelong friends, that is a steep hole to crawl out of.

At this point all that's left is the dog, and fortunately the trust of a dog is eternal and unwavering. If you're in a low place and don't have a dog, get one immediately. Rehabilitating a shelter dog might be a good project under these circumstances. The day when he looks at you and says he will trust you with his dying breath will help you realize that you can also rehabilitate yourself.

And dogs do indeed trust 100%. It works for them, and it can work for us.

At this point all that's left is the dog, and fortunately the trust of a dog is eternal and unwavering. If you're in a low place and don't have a dog, get one immediately. Rehabilitating a shelter dog might be a good project under these circumstances. The day when he looks at you and says he will trust you with his dying breath will help you realize that you can also rehabilitate yourself.

Trust rehab…a dog. Did you like Fraggle’s advice? I didn't.

As with humans, you have to earn and maintain a dog’s trust.

All humans have a deep longing for intimacy due to our interdependence, which cannot be obtained without trust. You can have trust without intimacy, but you cannot have intimacy without trust. Distrust is a perfectly valid means of self-protection. She’s right. Trust is a complex process. It’s not a matter of whether to trust or distrust, but rather how much trust or distrust is appropriate, and that depends on our ability to reduce uncertainty. Uncertainty is reduced by evaluating the ability, integrity, and benevolence of others. However, our past can distort our evaluations, interpretations, and our beliefs that any attempt to reach out will resort in our needs not being met. In other words, how predictable is the world to you, Bebes?

Last edited:
I agree with you trooper. I have trust issues and yes, it provides self protection.
Thanks for the insightful post. I know you're right, ah but to put it into practice. :eek:

A typical scenario after betrayal is to lose trust in oneself. One begins to question and then doubt one's own ability to see warning signs, or even simply to take good care of oneself. If this happens then the first step is to do whatever is necessary to rebuild that trust. This typically cannot be done without help, which unfortunately feeds back into the trust issue by doubting one's ability to choose a helper.

It's important to recognize the issue and begin doing damage control while one still has a few people in one's life who are trusted. If one has even given up on family and lifelong friends, that is a steep hole to crawl out of.

I been there and I crawled out. I lost faith in everything and everyone, except for one person, and that person alone was the only reason for me to stay alive.

I wouln't advice anyone in a crisis situation to get a dog. Dogs are not tools.

My trust crisis was a few years ago, the worst part is over. Now I have two cats too, my dads old cats, very realiable critters, good for cuddling and kitchen conversation. :D

Trust rehab…a dog. Did you like Fraggle’s advice? I didn't.

As with humans, you have to earn and maintain a dog’s trust.

All humans have a deep longing for intimacy due to our interdependence, which cannot be obtained without trust. You can have trust without intimacy, but you cannot have intimacy without trust. Distrust is a perfectly valid means of self-protection. She’s right. Trust is a complex process. It’s not a matter of whether to trust or distrust, but rather how much trust or distrust is appropriate, and that depends on our ability to reduce uncertainty. Uncertainty is reduced by evaluating the ability, integrity, and benevolence of others. However, our past can distort our evaluations, interpretations, and our beliefs that any attempt to reach out will resort in our needs not being met. In other words, how predictable is the world to you, Bebes?

I think when you have been through a major trust crisis that you learn to distinguish a little better who and what you can trust, which makes the world a little more predictable too. You know how weak people react and avoid them to the max, learn to see the warningsignals when a person has ulterior motives and become more aware of how people in general around you behave.
I learned I had overestimated the human race very much, I honestly thought we were more evolved and that was also a chock to discover, how incredibly fast people regress to cavementality as soon as opportunity is given, and how common it is to suffer from psychopathy.

Jared young? He's 41! Well, age is just a number and a matter of perspective. But you know those Hollywood-people, they never age.

[video=youtube_share;xjjNzLNco9E]http://youtu.be/xjjNzLNco9E[/video]

[video=youtube;kD9CrZODlNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9CrZODlNA[/video]

Back