What would you say if you met Him?

I would wonder why is showing himself to me after going through so much trouble to appear not to exist.

"Awww fuck me. Lake of boiling blood, here I come..."

That is, if he let me even speak, raving atheist that I am...

Assume God, the Father to be a true figure (if you wish to assume Christianity as true, do so).

We all die and our souls are transported to the clouds. Before we are sentenced, God (St. Peter doesn't do the sentencing in this version) asks if we have any last words, reminding us that it will have no outcome on your destination regardless of what you say.

What would you tell Him?
Id say god you slimebag YOU ARE GOING DOWN !
its Judgment day,all right but not for me but ..YOU .
say hello to mr THOR and Zeus and all the other gods you didnt want people to worship you vain motherfuck
its time to pay for all the evil shyt youve done,starting with sacrificing your own kid for some dumfuck idea called Sin which youve created in the first place, for drowning all people including the cute litle puppies,
and what with the retarded idea of putting a fricking SNAKE in the garden to tempt Adam & Eve,what kind of a father would do that?
THOR then whips out his big HAMMER and whaps God upside the head until his eyeballs popp out and he screams "I can't see,I cant see"Help"
to which Thor replies "make a miracle dipshyt why dont you?"
Zeus then pulls out one of his Lightning rods and shoves them in Gods arse,
then all the rest of the gods take turns beating the crap out God until hes pounded into a bloody pulp.
then they ripp out his eyballs and take turns pissing on his brain.
and thats the end of your God :p

wish someone made such story into a new video game:cool:

Id say god you slimebag YOU ARE GOING DOWN !
its Judgment day,all right but not for me but ..YOU .
say hello to mr THOR and Zeus and all the other gods you didnt want people to worship you vain motherfuck
its time to pay for all the evil shyt youve done,starting with sacrificing your own kid for some dumfuck idea called Sin which youve created in the first place, for drowning all people including the cute litle puppies,
and what with the retarded idea of putting a fricking SNAKE in the garden to tempt Adam & Eve,what kind of a father would do that?
THOR then whips out his big HAMMER and whaps God upside the head until his eyeballs popp out and he screams "I can't see,I cant see"Help"
to which Thor replies "make a miracle dipshyt why dont you?"
Zeus then pulls out one of his Lightning rods and shoves them in Gods arse,
then all the rest of the gods take turns beating the crap out God until hes pounded into a bloody pulp.
then they ripp out his eyballs and take turns pissing on his brain.
and thats the end of your God :p

wish someone made such story into a new video game:cool:
That's a great idea! Call it "Gods Guts" or something. You can choose which god you want to be and then battle it out with a pantheon of other gods. Your powers would be drawn from the written precedents of historical documents and represented by weapons like hyper-plasma brimstone rifles and such. Neat!

Look back in the Bible read the stories of the imes God directly interfered in the Old Testament. Everytime he intervened on our behave we became more selfish, greedy, and vile as a race.

Utter nonsense. Every time this god intervened, mankind got fucked over a little more.

What can we make of a being that almost kills a human because he has a little bit of skin on his penis? (some skin that the man was born with I hasten to add). This is what you bow down to.. A being that would happily annihilate you if your penis wasn't good looking enough for him, would drown every single human and animal on the planet etc etc.

Originally mankind was doing well. They were getting along, helping each other out.. life was ok. Then your god got scared and confused men so they couldn't understand each other and wouldn't get along. If you actually spend some time reading it you'll see that things were generally fine until god got involved.

Utter nonsense. Every time this god intervened, mankind got fucked over a little more.

Okay, so here we are in the Garden of Eden immortal, well cared for, masters of ur domain. God says don't eat of this fruit or you will die. Now a race that wasn't self destructive as we are would have left the fruit alone, but hell no we couldn't do that.

What can we make of a being that almost kills a human because he has a little bit of skin on his penis? (some skin that the man was born with I hasten to add). This is what you bow down to.. A being that would happily annihilate you if your penis wasn't good looking enough for him, would drown every single human and animal on the planet etc etc.

How do you know he is happy with it? Oh that's right you wouldn't so are just lying out your ass teeth. God was reluctant to destroy Soddom and Gammorrah if there were even 10 righteous people in there. Yes, he had his followers circumcise themselves, is that any different than today? No, becuase he didn't kill anyone over that. Now the flood was not to kill the humans but to cleanse out the demon taint that had occured. He hated doing it, but it was neccesary, not only that it wasn't the whole planet it was one river valley.

Originally mankind was doing well. They were getting along, helping each other out.. life was ok. Then your god got scared and confused men so they couldn't understand each other and wouldn't get along. If you actually spend some time reading it you'll see that things were generally fine until god got involved.

Interesting take on the Tower of Babel. Complete and utter bull shit, but still interesting take. He was stopping them from circumventing his decree, the same way police would break up a group of illegal immigrant smugglers. He did it as getnly and carefully as possible so that while no one suffered, they could not continue building.

See when you actually use your mind and think of the reasons behind everything, that is when you really see the story behind the story.

As for a time when people got greedy I'll point you towards the attitude of the Jews in Exodus the expected God to take care of them. I'll point you to the golden calf, King David, King Solomon, and quite a few others. Each time God has given us something good we took it and became greedy little bastards.

That's kind of a hard punishment for merely disbelieving. Hardly a merciful, benevolent God?

I'd ask him why he basically read the book on Logical Fallacies in order to win support - when a simple appearance once or twice a year - maybe on his son's Birthday, for example? - would have sufficed...

"Worship me out of fear!" - Appeal to Fear.
"Or because everyone else does" - Appeal to Popularity.
"Or becasue a book told you to!" - Appeal to Authority.

etc.

So wait.
You believe you can live your life not believing, not caring, pissing it all away. Then expect to get into heaven?

And your saying He is not merciful.. please try to be reasonable. Your life is filled with chances.

You don't really believe that rubbish, do you?

I'm afraid he most likely does.That's the sad part.

At one time I almost half believed these ridiculous notions of God and the idiotic stories, but that's behind me now.
I still maintain a belief in God or what i believe God to be but its a more inclusive God that includes all matter and energy and forms of life all across the universe. Being that I consider myself more spiritual minded in nature now,(although I do follow many of the teachings of the ancient egyptians) I find it hard to be in the company of zealous religous people and their narrow minded concepts of God and ridiculous dogma and belief in mythical stories as fact. Even the ancient egytptians knew their various Gods and Goddeses were simply representations of the divine and the stories were just that ..stories, to aid the mind in understanding an important concept or idea.

I find it strange that so many christians can read the atrocities committed by this nutty god (and his so called godly followers)in the old and new testament and still believe he represents all these good qualities that they say he does.Unbelievable.
This god simply seems to reflect the ignorance and crudeness of the people who invented him.

So wait.
You believe you can live your life not believing, not caring, pissing it all away. Then expect to get into heaven?

And your saying He is not merciful.. please try to be reasonable. Your life is filled with chances.

Your problem limits, is that you *ahem* limit yourself to believing athiests/agnostics etc are evil and go about committing very antisocial felonies. This is simply not true. The section that I've underlined...what does that have to do with not believing in god?

Conversational: if christianity's god exists, and he destroys moral people for simply not believing a claim due to lack of evidence, does that not say something negative about his OWN moral definitions?

I'm so not surprised that TW believes biblical stories are literal history...

Why would you be surprised Kenny? It's not like there isn't a billion of em.

Okay, so here we are in the Garden of Eden immortal, well cared for, masters of ur domain. God says don't eat of this fruit or you will die. Now a race that wasn't self destructive as we are would have left the fruit alone, but hell no we couldn't do that.

Ok, let's look at the *biblical* facts of the matter..

1) For arguments sake let's say man is "self destructive", and clearly has been since the moment of creation. Who's fault is that exactly? Mankind did not create themselves. It's like blaming a lemming for jumping off a cliff.. It isn't the lemmings fault, it's the lemmings nature as given to it by it's creator.

2) With no understanding of good and evil Adam and Eve can never be held responsible for their actions. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever what they do because they do not understand what's right or wrong. Adam could urinate in gods face without any moral consequence. Listen to god, listen to the snake? It's irrelevant. There is no way for Adam and Eve to make an educated choice. This simply cannot be disputed. While it would probably destroy your very sense of being, it was the snake that gave you morals. When you decide to do good, when you decide to not do evil, you have the snake to thank. Your god didn't want you to understand good and evil - he wanted you like an animal.

'Then Yahweh said "Now that man has become like one of us {how many gods are there}.."

It was clearly a choice for man that man was not educated enough to make: Live forever with no morals or live for, (900 or so years at that time), with an understanding of what is right and wrong. The ten commandments would have proved useless unless they chose the latter.

I have always found it quite strange with you religious types.. You curse the being that gave you morals and bow to the one that has slaughtered more humans than any other being in the history of the universe for petty things such as man being hungry and asking for food.

How do you know he is happy with it? Oh that's right you wouldn't so are just lying out your ass teeth.

While I do not have teeth in my ass, I fail to see it's relevance to the discussion. However, when there are a billion alternative solutions, (given that he's supposedly omnipotent), and yet it consistently comes down to the slaughter of man, one can clearly see he enjoys it.

Yes, he had his followers circumcise themselves, is that any different than today? No, becuase he didn't kill anyone over that.

It is different to today. christians realise it's an idiotic command and so they ignore it. jesus said "not one dot, not one stroke" would be removed from the law, and yet christians don't pay a blind bit of notice to it.

'On the journey, when he had halted for the night, Yahweh encountered him and tried to kill him'

It was only his circumcision that let him live, and I just find it extremely amusing that a man can be saved from being murdered by god by chopping some skin off his willy.

Now the flood was not to kill the humans but to cleanse out the demon taint that had occured.

'Yahweh regretted having made human beings on earth..'

It does not say 'yahweh regretted making demons'. The flood was designed to destroy humans. You cannot dispute it.

He hated doing it, but it was neccesary

Oh how little you believe in the power of your god. If this being is omnipotent the word "neccesary" is redundant. He didn't want to kill humans? Just click his fingers and the demons are killed and the humans live. Bravo.

not only that it wasn't the whole planet it was one river valley

Well, you're clearly a man that doesn't believe in the 'word of god'. This is the thing with you religious types - you make it up as you go along, ignoring the bible whenever it suits you just to profess it's absolute truth in a later discussion. I find it quite sickening.

Interesting take on the Tower of Babel. Complete and utter bull shit, but still interesting take.

"Utter bullshit" isn't much of a debate.

He was stopping them from circumventing his decree, the same way police would break up a group of illegal immigrant smugglers.

I'm sorry, how do you compare "illegal immigrant smugglers" with people building a tower?

'Now Yahweh came down to see the city {he was short sighted, couldn't see it from space} and the tower that the people had built. "So they are all a single people with a single language!" Said Yahweh. "This is only the start of their undertakings! Now nothing they plan to do will be beyond them."

The only thing he stopped was mankind working together, because he feared their eventual power. It need be mentioned that nowhere did your god decree that man were not allowed to build things. There is no commandment of that nature anywhere in the bible and so your statement that they were "circumventing his decree" is gibberish or, as you like to put it, "utter bullshit". Of course I'll agree with you the very second you can show me where god said "don't make tall buildings!". No, they weren't smuggling immigrants illegally, or dealing crack cocaine, they were making a building so that they wouldn't get scattered all over the earth but would remain as one people. In short they were making a community, but god put an end to it to stop progression of mankind.

See when you actually use your mind

It's called imagination, and that's all you're using. You haven't taken the time to actually vaidate your statements, have happily negated what is written in the bible to try and make things sound better (i.e a small river valley instead of the whole world as written), and then have tried to compare people building a tower against some imaginary decree to immigrant smugglers. Come back when you actually have something of substance because your make-believe is insufficient.

Back