What would you do if you only had one day to live?

Spend time with my kids............Gorge myself on junk food (screw all low calorie stuff)
and sex.

That's a good plan. Junk food, sex, spending time with kids. Why don't you spend more of your time doing this?

I'd be truly rebellious: probably get a lot of books out of the library, knowing I wouldn't be able to take them back.

Books! Are you nuts! What good is a book, unless it's the Bible, the last day you spend on Earth?

A friend of my sister was told that he had a few weeks to live.
So he sold everything, had a huge party with friends, ordered prostitutes, had awesome fun.
After two weeks he went for a check up and it seemed that his condition/body had somehow cured itself.

The guy was totally broke, but maybe he needed that fun for the body to repair itself.
Or the diagnosis was wrong in the first place.

A friend of my sister was told that he had a few weeks to live.
So he sold everything, had a huge party with friends, ordered prostitutes, had awesome fun.
After two weeks he went for a check up and it seemed that his condition/body had somehow cured itself.

The guy was totally broke, but maybe he needed that fun for the body to repair itself.
Or the diagnosis was wrong in the first place.

no...the prostitutes healed him, they read him books at night.

Your friend experienced a wake up call. Good for him that he survived. How does he approach life now? Still grinding away at work? I doubt it. Reading a lot of books? I doubt that too.

You cannot just read The Bible...it takes a lifetime to read and understand it truly.

That's what "they" like to tell you. :D
That's what I was told with most other books I read.
Pffft.
Some people just can't concentrate on the task at hand.

Your friend experienced a wake up call. Good for him that he survived. How does he approach life now? Still grinding away at work? I doubt it. Reading a lot of books? I doubt that too.

Having a normal life as before, trying to earn back the money he spent, buy a house again.

You at least have to admit that it takes more than one read to be brainwashed? No?

That's a good plan. Junk food, sex, spending time with kids. Why don't you spend more of your time doing this?

I actually do the spend alot of time with the kids and the sex........
But in order to keeping having sex I cannot eat as much junk food
as I would like too........lol

Why nothing? Maybe that he shouldn't have acted too hastily. He can't afford to have a party and prostitutes each day. Besides it would be too tiring.

Back