What would truly convince you there is a God?

Lori_7 said:
Because idiots believe whatever they want to, whether it makes sense or not...whether it's actually true or not....they're not the least bit concerned about what the truth really is.

I shouldn't have said "idiots", but instead "some people". My bad...I'm sorry.

Sarkus said:
You've just described (most) followers of god. :D

So called followers of God who don't know Him, and are not remotely interested in knowing Him? Yea. Not everyone who professes to be a Christian is born again. A church and The Church are not the same thing.

What would convince me?
First you have to define "god" - and then define a test that would irrefutably prove his existence - and for each god it might be different.

A bona fide miracle, as Farenheit 451 suggests, would be a start.
And before anyone says "But what about those in the Bible!" - I could write a book with some "miracles" in it - but noone would believe them. And the only difference between my book and the Bible is 2,000 years or so.

I had a bona fide miracle happen to me. I was convinced before that ever happened but...wow, be careful what you ask for...He'll blow your mind. :)

Lori_7 said:
Because idiots believe whatever they want to, whether it makes sense or not...whether it's actually true or not....they're not the least bit concerned about what the truth really is.
wow theres hope for you yet , you got that right.
well done, that is the best reasoning you come out with, now try applying that to your faith, and you'll understand why atheist call you people delusional.

the preacher said:
wow theres hope for you yet , you got that right.
well done, that is the best reasoning you come out with, now try applying that to your faith, and you'll understand why atheist call you people delusional.

But what is really going on? You look at pharisees and hypocrites who don't follow the faith but exploit it and you reject the faith? Reject the hypocrite!

Lori_7 said:
Hey....anything but Jesus right? lol

well thats wat some people believe in...
atleast it sounds more sensible than a GOD creating us!

Yorda said:
if we're created by aliens, what created the aliens? i don't think jesus was a space alien... i thought so at first when i heard of him, but not anymore. i think jesus was a reincarnation of a giant race which lived on earth. jesus didn't inherit the size of the giant race, only the mind. these giants didn't have super advanced technology but they were very advanced spiritually. these giants are a misunderstood race... and there are perfect reasons for that.

most people don't understand spiritual things like god, so they have to find something which sounds more logical. people are still very physical, i was too, i only believed in a cold material universe, but i'm not like that anymore.

spirituality is all in the mind...
its literal meaning says "Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul"
how can you contend on the material world on spiritual grounds???

yank said:
spirituality is all in the mind...
its literal meaning says "Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul"
how can you contend on the material world on spiritual grounds???

i dont believe in material reality, i believe everything is in the mind!

fahrenheit 451 said:
What would truly convince you there is a God?

What would convince you?

A.B.

Urmmmm......something along the lines of some great big, old looking bloke yells my name, i look up, and there he is, looking down upon me from the heavenly eathers, granting me three wishes... now thats what would convince me! :m:

I know that God exists and that Jesus is the son of God because prophecy has proven it all true. Jesus's tomb remains empty to this day :D

what prophecys, please elaborate with reference material thank you.
and please use something other than the bible after all it's just another book, use something to corroborate the bible please. thank you

Jesus's body was never found and I think there was evidence that predated the Bible that proved the prophecies to be true. I found a website a while ago that has all kinds of proof like prophetic proof, scientific proof, etc that the Bible is true but I forgot the site url but if I find it I'll post it here because it can explain everything a lot better than I can and I think I may've gotten a couple of facts mixed up.

Lucidfox said:
....and I think I may've gotten a couple of facts mixed up.
Yep - the two that went:
"I know that God exists and that Jesus is the son of God because prophecy has proven it all true."; and
"I found a website a while ago that has all kinds of proof like prophetic proof, scientific proof, etc that the Bible is true..."
:D

The bible was compiled and written in Rome about 100 years after Jesus died. That is plenty of time to create a believable narrative about him fufilling prophecy. I think Jesus was a radical philosopher, but for some reason, Christians focus on everything but his philosophy.

Only thing that will convince me that he exists is if when I die, basically not knowing = waste of time thinking about all that god crap, from a book i'd rather wipe my ass with.

Yorda said:
i dont believe in material reality, i believe everything is in the mind!

thats you belief now!
but you can't say that the sky is below & the ground above!

Back