What It Means To Be A Christian

The Rational of forgiveness by accepting Jesus still troubles me.

If a man goes through his entire life only sinning a minimal amount of times but is of a non religious nature he is not forgiven and thus goes to hell. On the other hand, A Christian that sins a substantial amount of time but always prays for forgiveness will be let into heaven. How does letting Jesus into your life make you more qualified for eternal bliss? Why should that be taken into account of your self worth?

An action should have the same consequences for everyone that it applies to, that would be the fair thing to do, especially coming from a all loving supreme being.

People are born in vastly different circumstances, and a result of these extremely different perceptions/experiences comes different beliefs. This is a unevitable fact of life. If you were born into a religious Muslim family in the Middle East chances are(highly) that you would grow up and accept Allah into your life. Does this make you a less deserving person, the fact that your life experiences were very different and that you simply had a different perspective on a thought.

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
And God didn't punish us. We went against His Word and we had to leave.
Then what do you call this; loving forgiveness?

Genesis 3:14-19
The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life; And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. "Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."

Besides, what we receive is an inheritance of the nature of sin. We are predisposed to sin because of that first sin. It is not that that sin is assigned to us, it is just that sin passes from generation to generation.
Why would the actions of Adam cause me to be predisposed to sin?

I didn't say the Law doesn't apply anymore, I just said that we are not under it, subjected to it.
Then you need to work on how you express yourself because that is certainly what it sounded like:

The rules:
None. Yes, there is absolutly no rules. God does advise us to Love one another but if you screw up He doesn't condemn you at all.

So what is written in the Old Testament has nothing to do with us.
Btw... you seem to know the Word quite well... I wonder why...
I was raised Christian but no one seemed to have very good answers to some of the rather obvious questions I had so I had to study to find out the answers myself. I might add that the course of this study led to my current disbelief.

Mark 16:16-18
The events after Jesus' death is another area (besides Paul's chapters) where I feel that the NT diverges wildly from anything the historic Jesus taught. You have to realize that tend to look at this from a secular viewpoint. While I realize that this is somewhat self-serving as an argument I believe I have a fairly good point. The accounts of what Jesus said after he rose seem to differ significantly from those before hand.

He never tells us NOT ot follow the Law, He only tells us that we are free from it.
Again; where did Jesus say this? Why would he not preach this before his death but only afterwards?

THOSE are the scriptures which I'm speaking about.
I have serious problems believing Paul. There are two reasons for this; One, he never met Jesus in the flesh. Two, the teachings that he attributes to Jesus sometimes contradict and are often quite divergent from the things Jesus taught during his life.

Paul never disagreed with the other apostles. They speak of the same thing, though with their own personality.
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over this. Quite frankly, these points have been discussed and worked over to a tremendous degree and I am not going to rerun through the whole thing. One needs to go through quite a bit of selective interpretation to fit the various contradiction into a workable whole and even then there are blatant contradictions. Here are just a few:

Faith and Works vs. Faith alone

1 Peter 1:17 "The Father, who without pariality judges according to each one's work."

Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

Ephesians 2:8-9"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Law vs Faith alone
Matthew 19:17 "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Matthew 5:19
"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 3:28 "A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."

If you look, you'll notice a pattern here with Paul stressing faith and dismissing the law. I already described why.

The death of Judas
Matthew 27:3
Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." But they said, "What is that to us? See to that yourself!" And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
Acts 1:16-18
"Brethren, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit foretold by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus. "For he was counted among us and received his share in this ministry." (Now this man acquired a field with the price of his wickedness, and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his intestines gushed out.

Indeed, Paul can't even get his own story right:

Acts 9:7 "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."
Acts 22:9 "And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."

I will note here that this contradiction was rectified in the NAS translation... although I do wonder if it was specifically done to eliminate the contradiction.

Those are just some examples. The last one in John stress A LOT the importance of faith. The scripture of Peter says that without faith, we can't even be saved. So they also stress faith as Paul does.
The point is not so much the stressing of faith as that Paul almost completely dismisses the Law.

~Raithere

Truthseaker,

I said:
The kingdom of heaven is at hand, and the violent TAKE IT BY FORCE...thats you and I...

He says in Rev 3rd chapter...To him that overcomes I will give ect.....
He can't push you through a 6 inch pipe, and pull you out the other end and then say you overcame, you didn't overcome anything....
--------
And you said

God's Love for us have overcomed our sins. Love covers a multitude of sins. Whoever believes in the name of His Son shall be saved. The key is faith. We are saved through faith.

Well... it is not exactly "violence". It is strenght, perseverance and power, but not exactly "violence"...

================================
================================

Matthew 11:12 - And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Your "just beleive on the name of Jesus", doctrine is baptist justification........and thats it.

It while quoting scripture, leaves out the whole of the scripture and ignores the revelation of who Jesus Christ is.
He is the Word of God made flesh John 1:14
He is the whole Word, not a part of it.

You can't "beleive on Jesus" if you have taken away what he is by denying what He is.

You would be "believing" on some mans doctrine, not Gods word, and that is Jesus.

Last edited:
MooseKnuckle,

I understand what you are saying, dont worry its not quantum mechanics.......but what I don't understand is why does God only forgive the religious? Has does asking for forgiveness have any bearing on the action itself. A sin is a sin? is it not? Why does it matter if you accept Jesus? Arent you as deservant of the consequence as the other, non christian person. A crime is a crime, but somehow his "favorites" get better treatment for simply accepting Jesus Christ into their belief systems.
What you don't seem to understand is that by accepting Christ in you heart, you are filled with the Spirit of God and your sins are instantly forgiven. As I said before, "Christ" means "to be filled with teh fullness of the Spirit of God". If you accept "Christ", THAT is what you receive. God starts living in you. That's how forgiveness is possible through Christ. That's the only way you can accept forgiveness, having your sins washed away by His Love.

Shouldn't the Christian be punished more harshly?? I mean they believe in God and the heaven and hell concept, so aren't their actions in direct defience of God.
Christians don't usually go against God and sin...

New Life,

I disagree. The Old Testament provides us with the background and history of God's choosen people, Isreal. Also there is much wisdom to be found in the Psalms, Proverbs, Songs of Solomon, etc. One cannot fully understand the christian faith unless they understand BOTH testaments.
The Jews follow only the Old Testament, so you would think that christians would only follow the New Testament, but that isnt the case. There is a reason that God put both testaments together to make the Bible. If we didnt look also at the OT we would have very little proof for Jesus being the messiah as we would have none of the prophesies to look at.
The OT provides the context and background for the NT, as christians we cannot dismiss one just because some of the laws changed. we are still to follow the 10 commandments, which are found in the OT.
So I dont think you can follow just one, we as christians must study and use both testaments
I was speaking about forgiveness, not the whole thing. I had to stress that with Christ, the situation changed drastically. Most atheists don't understand that. That's why I had to stress that.

Besides, there is really only one commandment. If you follow that one, you will folloow all the 10...

Horseman42,

5) God knows what it would take to convince anyone what it takes to believe is his existance (being all-knowing), and is able to carry it out (because he's all powerful)
He also know when someone won't accept it in any way, even if someone is raised from the dead in front of their eyes. The usual cause of this is pride, but it can be many other things.

6) God hasn't sufficiently done this (as evidenced by other
God does make Himself evident for those who really seek Him.

Just for the record I do believe in God, but I'm very unsure if the Christian religion has all the details right.
What do you think it might be wrong?

Besides, there is really only one commandment. If you follow that one, you will folloow all the 10...

Amen to that, Jesus said that the first commandment is:

Mark.12
[28] And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

So Truthseeker, do you believe in the ONE god that is mine and yours and Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength?? I hope you do, because Jesus believes in his oneness, too bad the christians are confused about such a simple concept.

MooseKnuckle,

If a man goes through his entire life only sinning a minimal amount of times but is of a non religious nature he is not forgiven and thus goes to hell. On the other hand, A Christian that sins a substantial amount of time but always prays for forgiveness will be let into heaven. How does letting Jesus into your life make you more qualified for eternal bliss? Why should that be taken into account of your self worth?
Christ is the fullness of God's Spirit. When you accept Christ, you are accepting God into your heart. This is an action of mutual Love. Love covers a multitude of sins. Your sins are forgiven, you go to Heaven. This is not much preached and it should be preached more often. When I realized what I had accepted into my heart I was kinda amazed... :eek:

An action should have the same consequences for everyone that it applies to, that would be the fair thing to do, especially coming from a all loving supreme being.
This happens during the lifetime. However, after death it is the Spirit that lives within you that counts.

People are born in vastly different circumstances, and a result of these extremely different perceptions/experiences comes different beliefs. This is a unevitable fact of life. If you were born into a religious Muslim family in the Middle East chances are(highly) that you would grow up and accept Allah into your life. Does this make you a less deserving person, the fact that your life experiences were very different and that you simply had a different perspective on a thought.
http://sxws.co/charis/witness6.htm
http://answering-islam.org/Testimonies/index.html
http://answering-islam.org/Testimonies/algharib.htmlm

MooseKnuckle,

Christ is the fullness of God's Spirit. When you accept Christ, you are accepting God into your heart. This is an action of mutual Love. Love covers a multitude of sins. Your sins are forgiven, you go to Heaven. This is not much preached and it should be preached more often. When I realized what I had accepted into my heart I was kinda amazed... :eek:

damn Truthseeker, then we need to change the bible and change Jesus original words:

Truthseeker suggested modified scripture:
Hear, O Israel; The lord is me and only me for spirit of god is fulfilled in me. I'm the fullness of god spirit, accept me (Christ) to your heart and that is the first commandement.

Original Jesus first commandment that noone is following
Mark 12.29 The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Where do we go around here to edit bible scripture? DO we work with the existing king james publication to issue a new version, or do you suggest making our own brand new publication.

TruthSeeker,

I said...

Just for the record I do believe in God, but I'm very unsure if the Christian religion has all the details right.

You said...

What do you think it might be wrong?

How about because no one can answer me the question I outlined to you before

He also know when someone won't accept it in any way, even if someone is raised from the dead in front of their eyes. The usual cause of this is pride, but it can be many other things.

You obviously don't know what all-powerful means

It means that God can do anything..ANYTHING!

Hang on I'll put it in larger writing so you might understand

GOD can do anything If he's all powerful

GOD MUST, MUST, MUST be able to know what it takes to convince people of his greatness if he is all-powerful. There is nothing he cannot do. So if he can't prove his existance to a mear mortal (like me) then he is not all-powerful.

Think about it, it make perfect logical sense.

Horseman42

Raithere,

Genesis 3:14-19
The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life; And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. "Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."
Those are direct consequences of their actions...

Why would the actions of Adam cause me to be predisposed to sin?
Because He rebelled against God and his spirit of rebellion passed through all the generation until you.

Then you need to work on how you express yourself because that is certainly what it sounded like:
I quoted A LOT of scriptures talking about that. ALl of them saying that we are not under the Law, but it still applies. Romans 6, for example. Besides, I wrote like that to stress the differneces between the New Testament and Old Testament. Many people believe that they have to ask for forgiveness every time over and over again.

I was raised Christian but no one seemed to have very good answers to some of the rather obvious questions I had so I had to study to find out the answers myself. I might add that the course of this study led to my current disbelief.
And what is your current belief?

The events after Jesus' death is another area (besides Paul's chapters) where I feel that the NT diverges wildly from anything the historic Jesus taught. You have to realize that tend to look at this from a secular viewpoint. While I realize that this is somewhat self-serving as an argument I believe I have a fairly good point. The accounts of what Jesus said after he rose seem to differ significantly from those before hand.
Like what? Quote the differences.

Again; where did Jesus say this? Why would he not preach this before his death but only afterwards?
Matthew 26:27-29
"27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
29 "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." "

I have serious problems believing Paul. There are two reasons for this; One, he never met Jesus in the flesh. Two, the teachings that he attributes to Jesus sometimes contradict and are often quite divergent from the things Jesus taught during his life.
Quote the "contradictions" and I will explain them to you.

Faith and Works vs. Faith alone

1 Peter 1:17 "The Father, who without pariality judges according to each one's work."

Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

Ephesians 2:8-9"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
Yeah sure...:

Romans 10:8-10
"8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. "

1 Peter 1:6-9
"6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls. "

If you believe you can be forgiven and you don't accept your forgiveness, your faith is pointless. Paul never preached faith alone.

Law vs Faith alone
Matthew 19:17 "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Matthew 5:19
"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 3:28 "A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."
In the first tow, Jesus was speaking to the Jews, not to Christians (there weren't any Christians by then anyways...).

The death of Judas
Matthew 27:3
Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." But they said, "What is that to us? See to that yourself!" And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
Acts 1:16-18
"Brethren, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit foretold by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus. "For he was counted among us and received his share in this ministry." (Now this man acquired a field with the price of his wickedness, and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his intestines gushed out.
Acts 9:7 "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."
Acts 22:9 "And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."
I have to read all that carefully... I don't have time now...

The point is not so much the stressing of faith as that Paul almost completely dismisses the Law.
Reading only this scripture is enough to understand why Paul certainly doesn't dismiss the Law:

Romans 3:19-31
"19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.
21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law. "

Horseman42,

How about because no one can answer me the question I outlined to you before
Which question...? Oh...! This one... Well... read below...

GOD MUST, MUST, MUST be able to know what it takes to convince people of his greatness if he is all-powerful. There is nothing he cannot do. So if he can't prove his existance to a mear mortal (like me) then he is not all-powerful.
There are people that not matter what you do to convince them, they won't be convinced by their own choice. They will just say that they don't believe and they won't give up on that. God cannot go against anyone's free will. He chose not to do that since the beginning and He probably promised Himself not to do so.

heflores,

damn Truthseeker, then we need to change the bible and change Jesus original words:

Truthseeker suggested modified scripture:
Hear, O Israel; The lord is me and only me for spirit of god is fulfilled in me. I'm the fullness of god spirit, accept me (Christ) to your heart and that is the first commandement.
I'm talking to unbelievers about Christianity.

Romans 6:23
"23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. "

Matthew 26:27-29
"27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
29 "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." "

Original Jesus first commandment that noone is following
Mark 12.29 The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
He was talking to the Jews. This is the first commandment for the Jews. They had to keep it because they were under the Law.

Where do we go around here to edit bible scripture? DO we work with the existing king james publication to issue a new version, or do you suggest making our own brand new publication.
I suggest you go and study the one that you already have... And pay attention to what is said...

He was talking to the Jews. This is the first commandment for the Jews. They had to keep it because they were under the Law.

So Jesus teachings change? I thought that whenever he spoke he talked to the whole humanity. Now you're saying that jesus was teaching the law that is not meant for us to follow...??????

If it was not meant for us to follow, then why does he stress it so much the importance of believing in the one god, his god.

Mark.12
[28] And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

As far as Roman scripture, Jesus was not the one saying that, I don't know who it was. The reason that it couldn't be Jesus, because he said, our lord, and if he was referring to himself, he would have said me. So who is it speaking in Roman 6:23

If you religious people can't even agree with each other how in the world would you expect anyone else to? :D

Simply disagreeing with each other proves one thing: Nobody knows for sure- thus the 'teachings' of an agnostic are prevalent.

'Might be, might not be'- no more, no less.

heflores,

So Jesus teachings change? I thought that whenever he spoke he talked to the whole humanity. Now you're saying that jesus was teaching the law that is not meant for us to follow...??????
No, His teaching never change. It is just that He teached all people. The thing is that you must read who is He adressing to. Some things He adressed to Jews. Some to the Phjarisees. Others just to His disciples. And those that He adressed to His disciples, He also adresses to Christians, since we are His disciples. Besides, not everything that He says is for everybody. For example, when the centurion showed his faith, He said that never He saw someone with such faith, not even Jews. You cannot just pick that and say that this applies to you, can you? Certainly not!

If it was not meant for us to follow, then why does he stress it so much the importance of believing in the one god, his god.
This is meant for everyone to follow. But this scripture clearly says that this was adressed to the Jews. The difference is that Christians do this naturally, so it is kinda pointless to tell them to do so. But the Jews didn't.

As far as Roman scripture, Jesus was not the one saying that, I don't know who it was. The reason that it couldn't be Jesus, because he said, our lord, and if he was referring to himself, he would have said me. So who is it speaking in Roman 6:23
Paul. Have you read the passage in Matthew at all? In the Matthew one, Jesus was the one speaking.

SnakeLord,

The disagreements are little and actually pretty pointless. Also, they are only superficial. To agree with one another, we have to focus on Love. Love is the perfect bond of unity. If the church of this world was more concerned about Loving and sharing its own Love, the church would be more united.

Besides, I don't find that much of disagreements anyways... But this is normal. Even people that have the same point of view will disagree in something, because everyone is different and unique.

Btw... you atheists disagree in lots of things...:bugeye:

Btw... you atheists disagree in lots of things...

You athiests?? I'm not an athiest- not even close to it.

Secondly of course non believers disagree with a lot of things- that's the whole point of it all. We do not claim to know the absolute truth so must search for it and everyone can make theories attempting to find the actual truth. If people on this side of the fence agreed with everything we'd be religious. Then we'd just dispute the 'petty things' like you lot :D

I'm a guy who wants to find the truth, the whole truth, and nothing bu the truth. Familiar saying but one that is taking out of all meaning.

As a demonstration let me state i believe in the possiblity of the loch ness monster, i believe in the possibility of fairy's, inccubi, werewolves and whatever else remains nothing more than uncertainty. I believe in the possibility of there being a god, but i also believe in the possibility that there isn't.

In saying, everything that is speculated upon is possible. It's a might be or might not be situation. However, if someone tells me to accept and just have faith that something does or doesn't i cannot do that.

The belief in god differs from most 'possibilities'. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the real god is actually the sun god Ra worshipped many eons ago. Everyone else has spent their life worshipping something and believing in something that is false. Not one religion has the right to say it is correct above all the others. If you find it that easy to pick and choose what is right, without even having anything to suggest anyone is then fair enough- i cannot.

Personally i feel that if there is a god or gods that it/they have no position to judge me for how i conduct my mortal life. I have signed no agreement aceepting servitude of anything. While im here i look after my wife and my daughter- if anyone or anything has a problem with that fuck them. Maybe unfortunately my heart doesn't have the storage space for anyone other than my wife and daughter. If that's a fault it's a creation fault, not mine- thus i take no responsibility for it.

If said being/s decide to come and talk to me and show me the facts then i can change my way of thinking.

I will still look, just as i look for the loch ness monster, vampires and whatever else unbelievable you could think of but currently there is no proof to suggest any of the above are fact. Without fact i never commit to something. You could spend time telling me stuff like: "you just have faith wind is there" and stuff of ultimately petty and irrelevant nature but there's little point. I know the wind is there- science has proved where it comes from, where it goes, and what it does. This is more than earthly occurences than wind. To even regard them in the same light would be a mistake.

Currently all we have to go on are the words of shepherds and your personal 'feeling' that god is there. Something spoke to you, something visited you- it's still irrelevant.

If i said: "Loch ness monster spoke to me in a vision" would you instantly believe what i say? Of course not, and by that same rationing you shouldn't ever expect me to do so when you say something. I have no doubt you believe what you say- gives no reason why i should do the same.

The only way we can start to find answers is by asking questions and debating issues. So far after all this time there is nothing that has been said that furthers the issue of god towards proof.

How can anyone in their right mind just expect me to accept something on faith? It's ok for many many people but as i've said countless times some of us require more.

How ironic it would be if we all ended up in heaven and god condemned the religious folk for just accepting an answer instead of questioning it. That's what i call 'willing slavery'. Actually believing something is right when it may not be and serving a life under it. Not my style man- however it always remains a possibility.

Back