What is the probability that God exists?

What is your estimate of the probability that God exists?

• Zero (0%)

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • 1-10%

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 11-20%

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 21-30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-40%

• 41-50%

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 51-60%

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 61-70%

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 71-80%

• 81-90%

• 91-99%

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Certain (100%)

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
I realise that the poll is not strictly mathematically solid.

To get a real proability that a particular god exists, you'd need to sample from a population of many gods, and determine for sure which ones existed and which ones did not. Obviously, this is impossible, so the question can't be about that kind of probability.

Really, the question is about posters' degree of confidence in their belief (or non-belief) in god(s).

On the whole, I agree with Cris's analysis of the results so far.

There is only one God,but there are many names for him.
For example Allah,Visnu,Brahma,Siva,Jehova.
Allah in arabic means God...

There has never been a reliable sighting of god or of god's actions. This being supposedly created the earth and mankind and possibly controls everything. No reports of existence together with the large powers attributed to this force results in an unfavourable statistical analysis.

probability that gods exist: zero.

Originally posted by IXL777
James , I agree with the above statement god cannot be explained in numbers
..our view of god is subjective and based on our senses,reason and metaphysical thought and intuition ...therefore, our notion of god is based on past knowlege.......cogito ergo sum..I think therefore I exist implies that god has come from "thought "only......therefore the notion of god was created by man...negate thought and god does not exist anymore!!!!
where does that leave all the Theists
I THOUGHT i WOULD EXPOUND ON THIS IDEA...NEGATE MAN AND THOUGHT..."where does that leave God!!!!
Dominic:cool:
:cool:

Originally posted by IXL777
James , I agree with the above statement god cannot be explained in numbers
..our view of god is subjective and based on our senses,reason and metaphysical thought and intuition ...therefore, our notion of god is based on past knowlege.......cogito ergo sum..I think therefore I exist implies that god has come from "thought "only......therefore the notion of god was created by man...negate thought and god does not exist anymore!!!!
where does that leave all the Theists
I thought I would expound this idea..if you negate mankind and thought where would that leave god!!!

Dominic:cool:
:cool:

Originally posted by mr. Bwoondewops
using mathematical computations for this question does and will not work, therefore 0 probobility, or 100% probobility are the only answers.
Actually, I find 50% to be the only possible answer for an undefined 'God'. Consider that our knowledge is finite and either the Universe or God is infinite. With infinity on either side the only possible answer is 50%.

:)

Of course, IMNSHO, the probability that any God exists or behaves in a manner defined by any human is 0%.

~Raithere

Back