What is the 6th Dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“ Originally Posted by thinking
yes
with no explaination of why ”

What do you mean "no explanation of why"?
Go back through my posts: time is a dimension the same way length is, and the reasons why were given.

What do you mean "no explanation of why"?
Go back through my posts: time is a dimension the same way length is, and the reasons why were given.

so length is based on movement ? which is what time is fundamentally based on

so length is based on movement ? ”

Length isn't based ON anything.

actually length is based on the properties and is one of properties of the manifestation of energy/matter

When I said it's a dimension the way length I meant that time IS a dimension, and so is length.

I disagree

length is relevent to the manifestation of energy/matter

whereas , time is irrelevent to the manifestation of energy/matter

actually length is based on the properties and is one of properties of the manifestation of energy/matter
Actually length is a dimension and those properties couldn't manifest if the dimension didn't exist.

whereas , time is irrelevent to the manifestation of energy/matter
Unsubstantiated.
That's simply your take on it.

actually length is based on the properties and is one of properties of the manifestation of energy/matter ”

Actually length is a dimension and those properties couldn't manifest if the dimension didn't exist.

agreed

agreed
To which?
The two statements above do NOT mean the same thing.

The 6th Dimension

There must be a valid 6th Dimension. I saw it on an episode of Lost In Space!!!!:bugeye:

there is a truth of what I said
fundamentally

No.
Time is a dimension and is required.

time is not a true dimension and is not required for the fundamental physical existence of any object or its movement

if time were a true dimension then by introducing and taking away time and time alone would change any situation

time doesn't and never will

because time is a consequence of object(s) movement and therefore is mathematical based only

time is not a true dimension and is not required for the fundamental physical existence of any object or its movement
Wrong again.
If you don't include time in calculations you can't get all sorts of things.
If I tell you that I'm driving from A to B and going 60 miles per hour then knowing how much time has passed since I set off of you can work out how far from the start I am...

if time were a true dimension then by introducing and taking away time and time alone would change any situation
Correct.
If you ignore time in certain things you lose a lot of information.
Time is as true a dimension as length.

time doesn't and never will
Wrong again.
Time is required as a dimension in many things.

because time is a consequence of object(s) movement and therefore is mathematical based only
No.

time is not a true dimension and is not required for the fundamental physical existence of any object or its movement ”

Wrong again.
If you don't include time in calculations you can't get all sorts of things.
If I tell you that I'm driving from A to B and going 60 miles per hour then knowing how much time has passed since I set off of you can work out how far from the start I am...

now your getting it

time is about calculations and the information gathered

for instance based on driving from A to B

“ time is about calculations
based on driving from A to B ”

If there's no time then you can't move...
Time is a dimension.

yet as you mentioned above and your example of time was based on the movement from A to B by an object

and then came the measurement

yet as you mentioned above and your example of time was based on the movement from A to B by an object
Ah so you misread.
It's based on the speed (you know, distance per unit of TIME).

Ah so you misread.

and in order to have any speed you need object(s) and there movements to provide a situation in which time has the possibility to be apply and then calculated

Ah so you misread.

and in order to have any speed you need object(s) and there movements to provide a situation in which time has the possibility to be applied and then calculated

and in order to have any speed you need object(s) and there movements to provide a situation in which time has the possibility to be applied and then calculated
Correct.
In order for there to be speed you have to move: otherwise you're stood still.
Sort of elementary.
But even if stationary time will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back