What exactly constitutes rejection / acceptance of Jesus?

Does the message of Jesus resonate in your conscience?

Do you believe there is good and evil? Does your conscience lead you to know that you have done evil and you need to seek forgiveness for those wrongs?

Do you see the beauty if the message of Jesus of forgiveness and Love? Do you see that perfect love is the only thing worthy and all else falls short of it.

Do you know you are imperfect? Do you yearn to be perfect but realise you will never achieve perfection by your own efforts?

God has made a way for those who love and admire His perfection to be deemed acceptable to be perfected By Him upon the resurrection. Not through their own perfecting efforts but by Gods intervention and gifting of forgiveness of imperfection to those who while being imperfect have a longing to be so much better than they are now.

The simple truths revealed through the scriptures strikes at the conscience of all men firstly showing them what is good and what is evil. Secondly this knowledge leads them to know that all men have fallen short of what is good, that no man can live up to the standard of good. And thirdly that God has provided a way for all men to have all their evil wiped away and for them to be renewed to be eternally good.

Hebrews 4
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Does the message of Jesus resonate in your conscience?
I don't know what that means. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with his message..

Do you believe there is good and evil?
No. Only as subjective moral assessments, not as absolutes.

Does your conscience lead you to know that you have done evil and you need to seek forgiveness for those wrongs?
See previous answer.

Do you see the beauty if the message of Jesus of forgiveness and Love?
Sure.

Do you see that perfect love is the only thing worthy and all else falls short of it.
What is 'perfect love' ? Love is but an emotion.

Do you know you are imperfect?
Certainly. Although I wouldn't know what would constitute a perfect human..

Do you yearn to be perfect but realise you will never achieve perfection by your own efforts?
To strive for perfection is foolish.

God has made a way for those who love and admire His perfection to be deemed acceptable to be perfected By Him upon the resurrection.
What ?
His perfection ? Meaning what ? Does God exist ? And should I take your word for it ? How can I find out ?

Not through their own perfecting efforts but by Gods intervention and gifting of forgiveness of imperfection to those who while being imperfect have a longing to be so much better than they are now.
Isn't God the one that made us imperfect to begin with ? I don't need forgiveness for my imperfection. Maybe God should ask for my forgiveness.

The simple truths revealed through the scriptures strikes at the conscience of all men firstly showing them what is good and what is evil.
See my second answer. Provide evidence of their truthfulness.

Secondly this knowledge leads them to know that all men have fallen short of what is good, that no man can live up to the standard of good.
Which is Gods doing. Is he a bully ?

And thirdly that God has provided a way for all men to have all their evil wiped away and for them to be renewed to be eternally good.
Correcting his own mistakes..
Perhaps me being an atheist is the result of my imperfection. An imperfection inherent in humankind by doing of God.
If atheism is my imperfection how can God punish me for not being perfect ?

Main Entry: 1faith
Pronunciation: \ˈfāth\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology: Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date: 13th century
1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
-merriam-webster

Main Entry: be·lief
Pronunciation: \bə-ˈlēf\
Etymology: Middle English beleave, probably alteration of Old English gelēafa, from ge-, associative prefix + lēafa; akin to Old English lȳfan — more at believe
Date: 12th century
1: a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
2: something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
3: conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
-merriam-webster

By these definitions, you have to make a choice.

Main Entry: 1faith
Pronunciation: \ˈfāth\
Inflected Form(s): plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology: Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date: 13th century
1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
-merriam-webster

Main Entry: be·lief
Pronunciation: \bə-ˈlēf\
Etymology: Middle English beleave, probably alteration of Old English gelēafa, from ge-, associative prefix + lēafa; akin to Old English lȳfan — more at believe
Date: 12th century
1: a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
2: something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
3: conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
-merriam-webster

By these definitions, you have to make a choice.

Like you have to make a choice to have faith in Santa ?

Enmos said:

morals aren't entirely subjective because many people for example agree that murder is evil. religious people often ask us how we can tell right from wrong if there is no god, and they say that conscience comes from god. but it's easy to tell right from wrong without a god... it's called empathy.

morals aren't entirely subjective because many people for example agree that murder is evil. religious people often ask us how we can tell right from wrong if there is no god, and they say that conscience comes from god. but it's easy to tell right from wrong without a god... it's called empathy.

Objectively there are no such things as good, evil, right or wrong.
It is consensus, that's all it is.

And then, I don't equate Evil with wrong, or Good with right.

Good and Evil are religious concepts.

There is only right and wrong according to society (law), values taught while growing up (morals), yourself (conviction).
Of course there is significant overlap in most people.

Objectively there are no such things as good, evil, right or wrong.

if there is no objective right and wrong, how can your opinion be right? there are objective rights and wrongs. for example, the earth is not flat, so if you say it is, then you're wrong.

There is only right and wrong according to society (law), values taught while growing up (morals), yourself (conviction).

we don't have to be taught that murder or hurting others is wrong. most people know it because most people are very similar, we have the same kind of feelings and empathy. this understanding doesn't come from society or teachings, it comes from our feelings. our feelings are objective, so right and wrong are also objective. what feels bad is bad and what feels good is good.

if there is no objective right and wrong, how can your opinion be right? there are objective rights and wrongs. for example, the earth is not flat, so if you say it is, then you're wrong.
We were talking about right and wrong as pertaining to morality :bugeye:

we don't have to be taught that murder or hurting others is wrong. most people know it because most people are very similar, we have the same kind of feelings and empathy. this understanding doesn't come from society or teachings, it comes from our feelings. our feelings are objective, so right and wrong are also objective. what feels bad is bad and what feels good is good.
Do you ever think ?
Feelings are objective ? :crazy:

Lets discuss your answers here Enmos

Originally Posted by Adstar
Do you believe there is good and evil?

enmos reply

then you answer to this question.

Originally Posted by Adstar
Do you know you are imperfect?

enmos reply
Certainly. Although I wouldn't know what would constitute a perfect human..

Now if you truly believed in your first answer that Good and Evil do not exist then why would you agree to the second assertion that you where imperfect?

If you believed that there was no such thing as good or evil then all the things that you have done or failed to do would have no negatives about them you would certainly answer the second question with a No. Not a Certainly. You would see your reactions and actions in life to be OK and natural. For you to know that you are imperfect shows that you know there is good and evil for you agree that you are not perfect.

lets move on.

You said:
Isn't God the one that made us imperfect to begin with ?
No.
The scriptures state that when God created creation (to which man was a part) He declared it Good. When God declares something Good he is saying that it is perfect.

I don't need forgiveness for my imperfection.

Yes you do. You should yearn for forgivness for your imperfection.

Maybe God should ask for my forgiveness.

God send His only begotten Son to go through hell on earth to save you. God has bent over backwards to make the way easy for you. But God is Just and cannot go against justice. He stand before the heavenly host and must be Just.

It is His justice that makes Him justified in being the justifier of all those who seek forgiveness for their injustices.

Mercy on the contrite, the repentant is Just. And it is the only way that He can rescue imperfect beings like you and me while keeping His Just nature intact before the Heavenly host.

Jesus is the only Way.

Back