What exactly constitutes rejection / acceptance of Jesus?

greenberg

until the end of the world
Registered Senior Member
What exactly constitutes a rejection of Jesus?

What is it that a person would need to do in order for that action to be considered a rejection of Jesus?

What exactly constitutes acceptance of Jesus?

What is it that a person would need to do in order for that action to be considered an acceptance of Jesus?

What is it that a person would need to do in order for that action to be considered a rejection of Jesus?

What is it that a person would need to do in order for that action to be considered an acceptance of Jesus?

You are deliberately provoking Adstar who is currently warming his hands by the Lake of Fire. Leave him in peace !

greenburg- these seem like simple questions. Rejection in its simplest sense would be denial of existence.

Acceptance at it's simplest level would therefore be admission of existence.

Good question. In my opinion, you would have to follow Jesus teachings to accept him. Rejecting his teachings would be rejecting him. One could debate on his teachings though, since there have been so many revisions of them.

One could use the story of six-year-old Edgardo Mortara, who was forcibly dragged away from his Jewish parents by the papal police during the Inquisition. An illiterate fourteen-year-old girl who was looking after him tossed some water from a bucket on Edgardo's head and said, "I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost."

From that point on, Edgardo was legally a Christian.

greenburg- these seem like simple questions. Rejection in its simplest sense would be denial of existence.

Acceptance at it's simplest level would therefore be admission of existence.

Denial or admission of what existence - that Jesus existed in the flesh and blood, the way people usually do?

and that he died and was resurrected as a sacrifice for your sins against God-whom you would also have to admit the existence of.

and that he died and was resurrected as a sacrifice for your sins against God-whom you would also have to admit the existence of.

And how am I supposed to admit such an existence? I am not omniscient to know the past or the future of everything there is.
How can I know whether God or Jesus exist -in the flesh and blood-?

Therein lies faith. Belief that something is that you cannot prove. How can you know that George Washington existed or does not currently or does currently exist?

How can you know that George Washington existed or does not currently or does currently exist?

I do not see a way to be sure about this, I can only speculate and make intelligent guesses.

Therein lies faith. Belief that something is that you cannot prove.

And if a person has faith in the wrong thing or person, they will go to hell for all eternity?

Since, in their lifetime, a person cannot prove whether they have faith in the right thing or person - how can a person possibly choose the right thing or person to have faith in? And how is it possibly just to eternally damn people if they choose wrongly when they by default are unable to prove the existence or nonexistence of something?

Therein lies faith. Belief that something is that you cannot prove. How can you know that George Washington existed or does not currently or does currently exist?

That's an old argument. There is evidence for the existence of historical figures. For example, there is evidence that Pilate existed, yet none that Jesus existed.

gb-God gets to set the rules for what is just. He asks us to choose Him, with the admonition that if we don't we are going to Hell.

Q-Are you implying that no evidence will ever be found that Jesus existed? I am assuming you are speaking of archaeology and that a simple written record won't do.

Myles-I dunno. Why not believe in the tooth fairy?

Q-Are you implying that no evidence will ever be found that Jesus existed? I am assuming you are speaking of archaeology and that a simple written record won't do.

No evidence has been found to date, other than what is written in the bible about his existence. Nada.

And of course, it has already been found that the bible is incorrect on many of its references to historical places and events, hence cannot be considered evidence. While it's true Pilate existed and did have people put to their deaths via crucifixion. We can only speculate one of them was a wandering rabbi.

That which was written of Jesus was done so many years after the alleged crucifixion, mostly by those who never even met him.

I don't know if evidence will ever surface for his existence, but it sure seems unlikely.

No evidence has been found to date, other than what is written in the bible about his existence. Nada.

And of course, it has already been found that the bible is incorrect on many of its references to historical places and events, hence cannot be considered evidence. While it's true Pilate existed and did have people put to their deaths via crucifixion. We can only speculate one of them was a wandering rabbi.

That which was written of Jesus was done so many years after the alleged crucifixion, mostly by those who never even met him.

I don't know if evidence will ever surface for his existence, but it sure seems unlikely.

We can get him to fill out a questionaire when he returns. He is coming back, isn't he ? Might he be here already and calling himself Adstar ? The plot thickens.

Back