What does God want?

So if someone can make large numbers of a particular audience laugh, that indicates they are speaking truthfully?
Interesting grounds for establishing philosophy as irrelevant ...
///
You are good at twisting words & jumping to conclusions.

<>

Last edited:
Well actually I rely on philosophy. Pretty sure that anyone who tried to make jokes about Stephen Hawking's appearance to discredit anything he said would also come across as a doofus.
.... :? .... that hopeless attempt at misdirection makes no sense whatever.

Nothing Carlin said came across as a doofus. I think the audience response clearly testified to that.

So if someone can make large numbers of a particular audience laugh, that indicates they are speaking truthfully?
Interesting grounds for establishing philosophy as irrelevant ...
If churches were filled with the faithful (which they are not), that indicates the preacher is speaking truthfully or if he is, that he knows what he is talking about?
"Interesting grounds for establishing religious philosophy as irrelevant .."

.... :? .... that hopeless attempt at misdirection makes no sense whatever.

Nothing Carlin said came across as a doofus. I think the audience response clearly testified to that.
I wasn't saying Carlin was a doofus. Nothing wrong with comedy, as a genre.

In the interest of objective balance, I will stipulate that "fellowship" can be a positive community activity and if this is centered around a common belief or commitment, this may itself not necessarily be a bad thing.

However, I have attended church on occasion to expand my own knowledge and I was not impressed with the fellowship espoused by the preacher at those times.

When a preacher urges his congregation to only deal with others of like minds and avoid dealing or doing business with people of different faiths or beliefs, I tend to view that as exclusive and prejudicial. Not a worldview I can support. And if God's intentions are thus represented I tend to reject the premise altogether.

If churches were filled with the faithful (which they are not), that indicates the preacher is speaking truthfully or if he is, that he knows what he is talking about?

"Interesting grounds for establishing religious philosophy as irrelevant .."
Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between oratory finese (or its online equivelant, memes) and philosophy .... but then I guess such a proposal would require the ability to not be waylaid by popular belief at the onset.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between oratory finese (or its online equivelant, memes) and philosophy .... but then I guess such a proposal would require the ability to not be waylaid by popular belief at the onset.
I agree, but that applies both ways.

Back