What do you pray for ?

So what do you pray for ?
I mean things that return in you prayers, not just something you prayed for once.
To the atheist: What would you pray for ?

Please keep things civil...

Edit: Ok, I screwed up the title.. forgive me please :eek:
World Peace :)

Are you sure?

OK, lets forget about formalities of prayer. Because in reality it is an appeal to a higher power (citation needed), no matter how it is done.

You would never do that?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure..

The way I understand it prayer an appeal to a supernatural power.

So what do you pray for ?
I mean things that return in you prayers, not just something you prayed for once.
To the atheist: What would you pray for ?

Please keep things civil...

Edit: Ok, I screwed up the title.. forgive me please :eek:
I pray to have spontaneous attraction to god

in the absence of that, possessing desire is always problematic
(in the sense that it seeks fulfillment in things that will shortly not exist and therefore become sources of misfortune)

<-- Agnostic

I've just been going through hard, typical teenage times in my life. I've gotten on my knees at 4AM and asked this "Higher Power" to help me out. I never got help.

[a-5];1683452 said:
<-- Agnostic

I've just been going through hard, typical teenage times in my life. I've gotten on my knees at 4AM and asked this "Higher Power" to help me out. I never got help.

Well, both theist and atheists will tell you "Ofcourse not". You may want to find out why :)

Well?

According to the Bible:

Hebrews 10:26-27 (New King James Version)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

So, if you sin willfully as a Christian there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins for you. And perhaps a person just might come to the conclusion that they actually might need to ask or pray for forgiveness since they have none at that point in time and are condemned to hell once again.

Also according to the Bible:

1 John 1:9-10 (New King James Version)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

This verse must mean that if a Christian does not specifically ask or pray for the forgiveness of their sins then they are not forgiven. The implication of this scripture is plain and simple. Is this, His word, in you?

And again according to the Bible:

Mark 11:25-27 (New King James Version)
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Here it is plainly stated, for all to see, that a Christian’s sins will not be forgiven by God if they do not forgive others for their sins.

I am guessing that you might be rejecting all of these scriptures simply because they directly conflict with your own personal beliefs.

Is that correct?

Here is another indicator of the same thing...

Luke 6:37-38 (New King James Version)
37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

I have actually heard pastors condemn other people to hell for believing in these scriptures instead of their own instruction. What model human beings these people have become? God must be very proud of them, don't you think?

Orrr... Maybe not!

It is always an amazing thing to see how an anti-christ can quote scripture and clearly be totaly wrong in their interpretation. It's like they have a block and simply cannot read what is plainly written. Lets go through the verse this anti-christ has used and show just how blinded they are.

Hebrews 10:26-27 (New King James Version)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

So, if you sin willfully as a Christian there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins for you. And perhaps a person just might come to the conclusion that they actually might need to ask or pray for forgiveness since they have none at that point in time and are condemned to hell once again.

Here the important word is willfully The anti-christ has been blinded to this word and simply reads the scripture like this 26 For if we sin xxxxxxxxxx after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

Those who have embraced the Love of the truth still sin but not willfully. it is not their will to go out and sin. They do sin but within them is a desire not to sin. Paul explained this in Romans 7.

Mark 11:25-27 (New King James Version)
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Here it is plainly stated, for all to see, that a Christian’s sins will not be forgiven by God if they do not forgive others for their sins.

Yeah... So??? This scripture has no relevance to the point i made that there is no need to pray for forgiveness because Jesus has already secured that forgiveness by His act of atonement. Christians know that other people are just human like them and they pass on judgement to God for the wrongs that have been done them.

So yeah totally irrelevant to the topic but i guess to a person who cannot bring themselves to forgive others might believe it is imposable for other people to do it. But the Love of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit has its effect on a lot of people.

Luke 6:37-38 (New King James Version)
37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

I have actually heard pastors condemn other people to hell for believing in these scriptures instead of their own instruction. What model human beings these people have become? God must be very proud of them, don't you think?

Orrr... Maybe not!

What does this scripture have to do with the topic of the forgiveness that Jesus secured for His followers? And as for the added ranting and raving and accusing it is like water of a ducks back. :)

I should not be amazed, I should realize how someone who has rejected the love of the truth can be totally blinded and be unable to see what is there and be deluded into seeing things that are not there. Such is life. Amazing.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back