What Australians believe

Learn about the Godlike status of the Emperor
The Japanese people were actually taught that their Emperor was of divine origin. So, for them in battle, a supernatural protection would be in effect. Many believed that bullets would simply bounce off them in battle because they were fighting for their God Emperor.

Such beliefs in the Godlike status of the Emperor have existed in Japan for well over a thousand years.

Just like here in Oz.
Taking life one deity time.
And do bullets bounce off me? No, they hurt like shit but they haven't killed me yet.

Just like here in Oz.
Taking life one deity time.
And do bullets bounce off me? No, they hurt like shit but they haven't killed me yet.

They are using the wrong weapon...amateurs!?:rolleyes:

a-spv6.jpg

Don't kill the spuddy.
Doing a pefectly good ( if slow) job of it myself.

BTW Australians believe in B.B Q's, cheap sex and booze. Not necessarily in that order.

I did, then I checked the definition -

freedictionary.com has made a fool out of me for the last time!

actually, given the poll is asking if you believe in witches, alongside other mythical characters, i doubt its referring to wiccans.

if they said do you believe in jesus you wouldn't say "what that mexican dude at work?"

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised by the results, since as nonreligious as they are, they are more than what I would have expected out of Australia.

Though if religion declines, only nationalism will replace it; at least the latter is based on logic.

I'm actually surprised by the results, since as nonreligious as they are, they are more than what I would have expected out of Australia.

Though if religion declines, only nationalism will replace it; at least the latter is based on logic.
huh?

It's logical to draw up one's geographical location of birth as the final last word in determining the merits of individual action?

You're mistaken if you think nationalism is about geography; it's about socialization.

You're mistaken if you think nationalism is about geography; it's about socialization.
Or more specifically, its about socialization within specific geographic parameters ... hence the whole nation thing of nationalism ... which still makes for a totally nutso way for determining the last word for the merits of individual action

Last edited:
'What Australians believe '

We all believe in retaining an archaic Queen as a head of State and being head of the Anglican Church amkes Australia a Theocratic State.

We all believe in retaining an archaic Queen as a head of State and being head of the Anglican Church amkes Australia a Theocratic State.

That's the de jur truth. But the de facto truth is that Australia is one of the most free nations on Earth, especially when one is discussing religious freedom and freedom of speech.

~String

err no, there was 80% surport for a republic when the referendum was called but Howard was so against it he made the question impossable to get majority surport

If it had been 2 questions

Do you want Australia to be a republic?
Yes
No

Do you surport Model A or Model B?

Then we would already BE a republic

That's the de jur truth. But the de facto truth is that Australia is one of the most free nations on Earth, especially when one is discussing religious freedom and freedom of speech.

~String
Jesus your in for a shock if you ever come down under boy, Australia banned the Xbox 360 game 'Risen' because in the game you can pay for a prostitute. For an education look up Internet censorship in Australia, this nation is one of the most oppressive on the Globe.

err no, there was 80% surport for a republic when the referendum was called but Howard was so against it he made the question impossable to get majority surport

If it had been 2 questions

Do you want Australia to be a republic?
Yes
No

Do you surport Model A or Model B?

Then we would already BE a republic
Ah yes it made no difference as the Anglo-Scottish segment of the population would of voted to remain with the crown, anything with a republican tint to it is seen as fenian Irish inspired in this Loyalist nation, you only had to listen to the anti Irish comments of the RSL President during the run up to the vote to see that.

Australia is a fairly liberal nation in my opinion, though they can keep it, I don't want it.

Hello Norsefire. It's your ole bud Spud and fortunately for you, I'm just back from a wee ban for flaming (of all people) Buffalo Roam so I'll keep myself nice and say no more than thankyou, we will keep it, warts and all.
Have a nice day.

Back