Were Adam & Eve The First Ever Humans?

Ok, so you don’t accept God
Why didn’t you just admit it in the first place?
If you're just going to make up the answers yourself, why do you bother asking the question?

Let's try again: Exactly what do you mean by "accepting" either God or leprechauns?

You're evading again. Instead of asking a question that can be answered, you're pretending that you've clairvoyanted the answer.

Let's try again: Exactly what do you mean by "accepting" either God or leprechauns?

The question has been answered.
If you had answered me, I would have answered you. Too late. :biggrin:

Jan.

Then discuss. What do you mean by "accepting" God? Since you accept both God and leprechauns, what does acceptance entail?

I don’t reject or deny what is written in scripture about God, regardless of the religious affiliations, or because I am an atheist.
Acceptance allows to study, learn, and contemplate about God.

Atheists reject and deny God. As a result there is no chance of them accepting God. For some reason, to accept anything that is slightly favourable for God, is seen as something to dismiss it any way they can.

Jan.

it shows that there were other races of people living at the same time.
It doesn't say anything of the kind. You're inferring that because you don't like the idea of Cain committing incest. Why don't you whitewash his murder too?

I don’t reject or deny what is written in scripture about God,
Neither do I. I accept what it says, whether I like it or not. Unlike you, I don't rewrite it myself to try to make it conform to reality.
I can study, learn and contemplate about God or Frodo without believing that either is real.

I don’t reject or deny what is written in scripture about God, regardless of the religious affiliations, or because I am an atheist.
Good! In that case:

Genesis 1:27 NKJV: So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 3:1 NCV: Now the snake was the most clever of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day the snake said to the woman, “Did God really say that you must not eat fruit from any tree in the garden?”
Genesis 19 NKJV: Then they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. Thus both the daughters of Lot were with child by their father.

Agreed. Can you accept what the Bible says in the quotes I provided?

It doesn't say anything of the kind. You're inferring that because you don't like the idea of Cain committing incest. Why don't you whitewash his murder too?

I just explained what it means to you. Why don’t you accept it?

Neither do I. I accept what it says, whether I like it or not. Unlike you, I don't rewrite it myself to try to make it conform to reality.

I can study, learn and contemplate about God or Frodo without believing that either is real.

No you can’t.
You deny and reject what is written in the bible, because it makes sense. You embrace the belief that makes no sense, to the point of using incest as a way to produce the human race, because it suits your current condition.

jan.

Good! In that case:

Genesis 1:27 NKJV: So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 3:1 NCV: Now the snake was the most clever of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day the snake said to the woman, “Did God really say that you must not eat fruit from any tree in the garden?”
Genesis 19 NKJV: Then they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. Thus both the daughters of Lot were with child by their father.

Firstly, that is not about God. Although I can understand how you would see it that way.

Your first quote is easy. Check my explanation to SB.

As for you second quote. NCV Bible. Really!

Based on the concern for clarity and simplicity of expression, the NCV translates with considerable recourse to paraphrase. With regard to gender language, the NCV is strongly gender-neutral.

Didn’t your momma ever tell you not to bring a feather dust to a gun fight? Next we’ll be forced to use different pronouns to describe A+E. :rolleyes:
Why did you change bibles for that specific text?

We’ve been over the third one .
Incest is not accepted in any scripture, let alone the bible. So why bring it up, as though the human race is created out of incest.

You need to try harder to defend your belief.

Agreed. Can you accept what the Bible says in the quotes I provided?

I accept that the first quote isn’t about God.

The second seems have been devised by a bag of atheists.

The third has nothing to do with anything.

Got any more.

Jan.

Incest is not accepted in any scripture, let alone the bible. So why bring it up, as though the human race is created out of incest.
Ask the Bonobos........:wink: They are people too, you know. Probably the most peaceful of all hominid species. We could learn from them.

Your first quote is easy.
Yes, it is. It says Adam was the first human, and Eve was the second.
As for you second quote. NCV Bible. Really!
Or half a dozen others. You yourself have admitted the original word means the same things.
Didn’t your momma ever tell you not to bring a feather dust to a gun fight?
Didn't your Scripture professor ever tell you to read the Bible for what it is, and not try to make it fit your agenda? Apparently not.
We’ve been over the third one .
Incest is not accepted in any scripture, let alone the bible.

Right there in black and white. Why do you deny what is in the Bible?

Here's a challenge for you. Point out the part of the Bible that prohibits incest. See if it comes before or after Genesis. Bet you can't do it.
The second seems have been devised by a bag of atheists.
So the Bible was devised by a "bag of atheists."

You, my friend, are losing it.

Back