Well Documented UFO Case

i am trying to tell you that the the accounts involve more than just your "lights"
how hard is that to comprehend?.

Not hard at all. I think I acknowledged they saw something.

good for you
i on the other hand will not rule out that possibility

I haven't ruled anything out. I've stated that lack of evidence doesn't equate to being aliens. If there was evidence pointing to aliens, we'd actually have something to discuss.

I work at an airport at night. I've seen large lights come in, looking like a large craft farther away and banking quicker than expected, only to be a single engine craft. Again, it's all perspective, and in the dark with nothing else to judge size or distance, measurements can be wildly wrong.

of course
it is entirely different when only lights can be observed. at the very least one needs a silhouette and my accounts are only practical during daylight

You mean how many things in the sky that the 60 million people living in the UK see that they can't identify?

Hmmm?

Hard to say, but a couple of hundred a year I'd suspect.

There are indeed hundreds of reports made to the Ministry of Defence to perhaps over a thousand on a good year. There are estimated even more, which are never even reported. Thinking me seeing two makes a mecca explanation is folly.

I should add for interest, that there is some evidence these objects, (the true kinds) have shown interest in Military Bases. My home town is next to one of the three largest Naval Bases in Scotland which has nuclear weapons.

Precisely, and I've been making the same conclusions: it's in their approach that betrays the skeptic's true spirit—it's downright rude. They remind me of Christians chasing heretics with a stick: their claim of insanity is akin to a Christian's accusation of being possessed. What is it they fear?? I mean, it doesn't involve them personally, so why the passive anger and repressed excitement? Is it envy—like the Christian's envy?

Yes, this is interesting - whence the negativity of the skeptics?

But perhaps those people who are skeptical simply do not know any other way to be skeptical other than to be negative.

It is quite common, not just in relation to "UFO's," but in general, to relate skepticism with negativity - with contempt, belligerence, rudeness, or at least aloofness.

I haven't ruled anything out. I've stated that lack of evidence doesn't equate to being aliens. If there was evidence pointing to aliens, we'd actually have something to discuss.

the most compelling factor to me was the relative lack of sound
what forms of propulsion do we know about that exhibit the observed characteristics inthe illinois case?

ion engines? magnetic?
what is the current level of tech in those?

Piss me off?

Hardly.

You call the authorities, they come take a report.

So what?

There were several witnesses. This is not just my account. You are basing this all on me and my point is that my case has everything a good UFO case should have.

But perhaps those people who are skeptical simply do not know any other way to be skeptical other than to be negative.

It is quite common, not just in relation to "UFO's," but in general, to relate skepticism with negativity - with contempt, belligerence, rudeness, or at least aloofness.

With such hostility, arguably, skeptics are bad-conduct for a proper investigation. They are not willing to investigate the facts as a proper, unbiased outsider should. They make themselves look like the irrational ones.

There were several witnesses. This is not just my account. You are basing this all on me and my point is that my case has everything a good UFO case should have.

Well except for any actual physical evidence to support it.

the most compelling factor to me was the relative lack of sound
what forms of propulsion do we know about that exhibit the observed characteristics inthe illinois case?

ion engines? magnetic?
what is the current level of tech in those?

Sound was reported in one eyewitness. Granted, not as loud as you'd expect, given how close he said he thought he was.

Now, if it had been lighter than air, it could have been a conventional engine, which would match up with the sound he heard. That was covered in that linked article.

Well except for any actual physical evidence to support it.

If you mean the objects where solid aircraft being piloted, no there is no evidence for this. However, every other possible explanation had been exhausted in the investigation.

Sherlock Holmes said, ''when you eiminate the possible, no matter how improbable, whatever remains must be the truth.''

I realize you may not be referring to me in particular, but is asking for more details and facts rude or belligerence?

I realize you may not be referring to me in particular, but is asking for more details and facts rude or belligerence?

It depends on the way in which those details are asked for ...

But I'm starting a new thread for this topic, as this is off-topic here.

See ya'll there.

Have we eliminated all possibles? Can we even begin, with limited data to work with?

For those who understand these things, there can only be a limited amount of things these objects could be. It seems unlikely it was any natural atmospheric phenomena, atleast in my case. It wasn't flares, it wasn't search lights, comets, birds or planes, was nothing in which I can identify with current technological capabilities.

So in the end... you know... what else could it have been? Do you have any suggestions?

As a first hand witness, I will either confirm the validity or negate any comments or suggestions you make.

If you mean the objects where solid aircraft being piloted, no there is no evidence for this. However, every other possible explanation had been exhausted in the investigation.

No, clearly it hasn't.

That's the thing, the leap to the improbable explanation is made when nothing demands it, is why no one really takes this seriously.

The fact is, what you are claiming is as you have said, that there are hundreds to thousands of these sightings each year, in the UK alone, and even though now almost everybody has a camera with them almost all the time, we have nothing at all compelling.

For those who understand these things, there can only be a limited amount of things these objects could be. It seems unlikely it was any natural atmospheric phenomena, atleast in my case. It wasn't flares, it wasn't search lights, comets, birds or planes, was nothing in which I can identify with current technological capabilities.

So in the end... you know... what else could it have been? Do you have any suggestions?

As a first hand witness, I will either confirm the validity or negate any comments or suggestions you make.

We didn't see it and you don't have a video, so how could we even guess what it was you saw?

We didn't see it and you don't have a video, so how could we even guess what it was you saw?

This was my point before. You started speculating on what I saw before I even had a chance to explain what I had seen.

You want to know what I saw? What others saw?

No, clearly it hasn't.

That's the thing, the leap to the improbable explanation is made when nothing demands it, is why no one really takes this seriously.

The fact is, what you are claiming is as you have said, that there are hundreds to thousands of these sightings each year, in the UK alone, and even though now almost everybody has a camera with them almost all the time, we have nothing at all compelling.

I just explained, which you ommitted in your qoute of me, is that the conventional explanation where visited. When does it then to you, that an investigation has truely exhausted all explanations?

In fact, you can discard often conventional explanations which don't fit the bill simply by the phenomenon itself.

Back