Watches & speed of light

No crystal in existence can oscillate at 300Mhz with a wavelength of 1Km. At .5Km the crystal would oscillate at 600Mhz, .1Km at 3Ghz and we are still traveling 4 city blocks 3 billion times per second. I'm saying that to achieve this in the space of a watch, the frequency will be in the ExaHz.

HectorDecimal, U got me well & thanx for replying in a logical & scientific manner.
Now suppose those type of crystals are available in the superman's planet. At first he brought two such crystals which vibrates at speed of light,from which we made two such watches. After successfully making two such watches superman along with that futuristic spacecraft has gone to the superman's planet which is in another galaxy to bring more such type of crystals.:)
If u agree with this much then pls would u be able to answer the questions which I asked earlier in my post & which I am posting again in my next post.
regards.

I don't know what would happen if the crystal vibrates with the speed of light. Can u tell me please that what time the watch will show then i.e with respect to the normal crystals that we use to in our normal watches, what would be the difference in the time of that superman's watch & our normal watch in a futuristic super-spacecraft which also travels at speed of light & what would be the difference of time between the superman's watch & an identical watch to him kept on earth after he returns to earth?
What will be the accuracy of the earth's watch then i.e. accuracy with respect to natural time?
What will be the "frequency generated" when the watch kept on earth identical to the superman's watch having a crystal which is vibrating or oscillating or actually moving at speed of light?
Will the watch will show a normal time as compared to a normal watch having a normal crystal or will it show some another time to that of the normal watch with a normal crystal?
regards.

Last edited:
What will be the "frequency generated" when the watch kept on earth identical to the superman's watch having a crystal which is vibrating or oscillating or actually moving at speed of light?

I need clarification on the crystal vibration:

1. Is the crystal vibrating at a certain frequency? If so give a number for the frequency.
2. Is the average velocity of the displacement of the crystal in one cycle equal to the speed of light?
3. Are you trying to say something else?

indianmath

What will be the accuracy of the earth's watch then i.e. accuracy with respect to natural time?

There is no such thing as "natural" or universal time, it is all relative between frames. The time measured within a frame is it's "natural" time.

The frequency of an oscillating crystal will be measured the same by any frame. It will be different between frames. And a frame observing another frame that is travelling at light speed will measure no oscillation whatsoever in that lightspeed frame. Strange but true.

Will the watch will show a normal time as compared to a normal watch having a normal crystal or will it show some another time to that of the normal watch with a normal crystal?

Two identical watches will measure different frequencies relative to each other if they are moving relative to each other, thus different rates of time will be experienced, the effect is on the time itself, not an effect on the watch. Each watch will be seen to measure time at the same rate at all times within the frame of reference(frame)of an observer in the same frame as that watch(IE not moving in relation to that watch).

Grumpy:cool:

indianmath

There is no such thing as "natural" or universal time, it is all relative between frames. The time measured within a frame is it's "natural" time.

The frequency of an oscillating crystal will be measured the same by any frame. It will be different between frames. And a frame observing another frame that is travelling at light speed will measure no oscillation whatsoever in that lightspeed frame. Strange but true.

Two identical watches will measure different frequencies relative to each other if they are moving relative to each other, thus different rates of time will be experienced, the effect is on the time itself, not an effect on the watch. Each watch will be seen to measure time at the same rate at all times within the frame of reference(frame)of an observer in the same frame as that watch(IE not moving in relation to that watch).

Grumpy:cool:

Grumpy, Thanx for taking a positive interest.Regarding all ur comments I will ask you two questions which are logical & i will give also if u want.
what will happen to a thing practically which moves with a velocity = -c where "c" is the constant velocity of light? & what will be the displacement of the photon when it has not travelled any distance.Keeping in mind that distance & dispalcement are separate things.:)
regards.

what will happen to a thing practically which moves with a velocity = -c where "c" is the constant velocity of light? & what will be the displacement of the photon when it has not traveled any distance.Keeping in mind that distance & displacement are separate things.
Any comment or view abt these questions &/or abt the original one.......
regards.

what will happen to a thing practically which moves with a velocity = -c where "c" is the constant velocity of light?

What is -c? Is the negative sign suppose to denote a directions?

& what will be the displacement of the photon when it has not traveled any distance.

If it has not moved there will be no displacement.

Keeping in mind that distance & displacement are separate things.

What is the difference?

Back