Virgins anyone???

So to the question: Was Mohammad a Slave owner you answered YES. Good. Now could you answer the first question - regarding when "Islamic" countries stopped the heinous practice of Institutionalized Slavery and why they stopped selling Slaves.

*sigh* I bet you missed the part where he bought and set 1000s free over a 1000 years before the west but hey that doesnt fit in your agenda does it. And im not here defending any actions by any country so asking me about countries is not going to work. Slavery still exists, in the West and in the East, but I have shown that islamic scriptures do not allow imprisoning free mand and women and making them slaves or trading them.

At around the end of the Rashideen the original slaves in all of Arabia had been freed. That is how well it worked. So no im not talking about 1500 years. If you want to go that way then you have to acknowledge that slavery existed in other religions for over 1500 years seeing as how slavery was ingrained into pre-islamic society during the times of the Jews, Christians and Pagans. Religions which did nothing to free slaves. On the contrary, they made special orders to capture and enslave Muslims and trade and sell them as such. But ofcourse you wont acknowledge any of that. What a surprise eh

Haaa haaa haaaa hahahahaha ... Tell you what Arsalan I will wager $10,000 that of the MILLIONS of different Gods and MILLIONS of different belief systems - Tom Cruises children become Scientologists.

Well? Wanna bet?
Michael

I dont do betting for real :shrug: But I dont know if they will.

*sigh* I bet you missed the part where he bought and set 1000s free over a 1000 years before the west but hey that doesnt fit in your agenda does it. And im not here defending any actions by any country so asking me about countries is not going to work. Slavery still exists, in the West and in the East, but I have shown that islamic scriptures do not allow imprisoning free mand and women and making them slaves or trading them.
Arsalan, I did not miss anything. That's great that Mohammad freed slaves it's also sick that he bought, owned, used and sold others.

Agreed?

At around the end of the Rashideen the original slaves in all of Arabia had been freed. That is how well it worked. So no im not talking about 1500 years. If you want to go that way then you have to acknowledge that slavery existed in other religions for over 1500 years seeing as how slavery was ingrained into pre-islamic society during the times of the Jews, Christians and Pagans. Religions which did nothing to free slaves. On the contrary, they made special orders to capture and enslave Muslims and trade and sell them as such. But ofcourse you wont acknowledge any of that. What a surprise eh
1) Where Muslims slave owners 100 years ago? Answer YES. See, that's the fact of HISTORY Arsalan. There is no arguing about it. It's a simple fact that we can both agree too. I can ask: Where Muslims Slavers 100 years ago and you can say YES Michael, Muslims were Slavers 100 years ago. I can ask: When did Muslim countries finally and completely (and what many Imams thought to be unIslamically) LEGALLY BAN ALL forms of Slavery? ALL FORMS. And you can say about 50 years ago.

Funny isn't it? You see NOW Slavery is actually ILLEGAL. Even the Islamic approved form is Illegal. That's because even the people who comprise Islamic nations consider the Islamic form evil. Again Arsalan, this is a fact. We can look it up in penal codes. Slavery is now illegal and considered heinous in ALL countries including Islamic ones. NO form of it is legal. Too bad Mohammad didn't have the foresight to recognize this then? I mean, at the very least he could have said: I Mohammad may not ban slavery but I will never ever own another human myself. I will never approve of my household using a human slave. But he was just a human so it's not really surprising.

Last edited:
I dont do betting for real :shrug: But I dont know if they will.
OH, they will. They will.

Do children have a choice in the language they speak and think in? One could argue NO, they learn it and it becomes a part of them. They automatically will think and speak in the language they were raised in. One could say, they are brainwashed to think in that language. They have no choice in the matter and they will speak and think in it. Oh, they could change it - but that may take years of dedication. And why would they do that anyway? Most don't. The same is true of religious belief. The chances of you becoming a free-thinker are about as likely as you waking up tomorrow and deciding to spend then next 20 years so that you will eventually speak and think in Japanese - It's not going to ever happen.

Michael

No problem

Bigoted polygamist Slave owner to Civilized monogamist abolitionist - you go your way I'll go mine.

I think we can both agree that there's really no way to make sense to a bigoted polygamist Slave owner because The most futile discussion is a discussion with the fanatics.

Fascinating. :p

Your er, civlisation is showing. The one that is non-bigoted to other civilisations. :)

Us savages have heard this tune ad nauseum. Do tell us again of your superior ways. The ones that always somehow lead to liberation of the savage masses in permanent irreversible ways?

Last edited:

You're wasting your time. The civilised unbigoted Michael reflects his upbringing, he has not the capacity to comprehend yours.

Arsalan, I did not miss anything. That's great that Mohammad freed slaves it's also sick that he bought, owned, used and sold others.

Agreed?

He bought to free, those people that had nothing and nowhere to go stayed with him of their own free will, he didnt use slaves as he did all his work himself including the household work as is written in many authentic hadith and he never sold human beings.

1) Where Muslims slave owners 100 years ago? Answer YES. See, that's the fact of HISTORY Arsalan. There is no arguing about it. It's a simple fact that we can both agree too. I can ask: Where Muslims Slavers 100 years ago and you can say YES Michael, Muslims were Slavers 100 years ago. I can ask: When did Muslim countries finally and completely (and what many Imams thought to be unIslamically) LEGALLY BAN ALL forms of Slavery? ALL FORMS. And you can say about 50 years ago.

Funny isn't it? You see NOW Slavery is actually ILLEGAL. Even the Islamic approved form is Illegal. That's because even the people who comprise Islamic nations consider the Islamic form evil. Again Arsalan, this is a fact. We can look it up in penal codes. Slavery is now illegal and considered heinous in ALL countries including Islamic ones. NO form of it is legal. Too bad Mohammad didn't have the foresight to recognize this then? I mean, at the very least he could have said: I Mohammad may not ban slavery but I will never ever own another human myself. I will never approve of my household using a human slave. But he was just a human so it's not really surprising.

LOL! Did you even read what you wrote? Ive been going on and on about how Islam does not encourage slavery and actually abhors it and you say im wrong but then give examples of Imams saying slavery is unislamic but you d accept that? :rolleyes: Tssk tskk, do you even try to comprehend what other people are saying or not? Also, i guess you missed this Hadith then:

"There are three categories of people against whom I shall myself be a plaintiff on the Day of Judgement. Of these three, one is he who enslaves a free man, then sells him and eats this money" (al-Bukhari and Ibn Majjah).

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Interesting detailing? :p:p:p Ya right... are you seriously expecting an unbiased view from a pro-christian anti-islam website?

Fascinating. :p

Your er, civlisation is showing. The one that is non-bigoted to other civilisations. :)
In your sarcastic remark - What exactly do you mean by non-bigoted. I said, you may be right in your beliefs SAM, or maybe someone else is - Japanese Shintoists or Scientologist. I don't think so, but I am willing to acknowledge that the possibility my belief may be wrong certainly does exist. How about you SAM? If there a chance that there is no God and that Mohammad was not a prophet?

In your sarcastic remark - What exactly do you mean by non-bigoted. I said, you may be right in your beliefs SAM, or maybe someone else it - Japanese Shintoists or Scientologist. I don't think so, but I am willing to acknowledge that the possibility my belief may be wrong certainly does exist. How about you SAM? If there a chance that there is no God and that Mohammad was not a prophet?

The difference between us, Michael, is when I say, "To you be your way and to me be mine", I mean it.:)

Your "acknowledging" of any possibilities is meaningless. Means nothing to me.

Us savages have heard this tune ad nauseum. Do tell us again of your superior ways. The ones that always somehow lead to liberation of the savage masses in permanent irreversible ways?
My superior ways? You mean the ones where I acknowledge you may be correct and I may be wrong? That's actually called logical and more generally known as tolerance.

I never said "savage" anything. As a matter of fact I said bigoted polygamist Slave owner .

Anyway, as the saying goes: The most futile discussion is a discussion with the fanatics. I think a fanatic is someone who is unwilling to acknowledge they may indeed be wrong. Which is funny, because whether they acknowledge it or not the FACT is logically they may indeed be wrong.

Michael

Back