views on evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just between you and me, I think that Plan 9 was a hell of a lot better than most movies that come out these days....just not because of it's writing...lol.

Just between you and me, I think that Plan 9 was a hell of a lot better than most movies that come out these days....just not because of it's writing...lol.

You earth people are stupid.. stupid, stupid. Pure poetry.:D

Not only that, but belief in the Divine is un-natural for children. It's somemthing they have to be taught.
and?
have a problem with teaching your child love, peace, and goodwill towards mankind?
there are numerous things that must be taught to children.

i also believe violence without remorse would come easily to those without divinity.

Last edited:
@leopold --

have a problem with teaching your child love, peace, and goodwill towards mankind?

Those are highly bad examples as those traits are all, to some degree, natural instincts in humans.

i also believe violence without remorse would come easily to those without divinity.

Care to expand on why you believe this? Or is pulling it out of your ass sufficient for you?

and?

What the hell are you on about, precisely?

What do love, peace and good will have to do with invisible friends?

What the hell are you on about, precisely?

What do love, peace and good will have to do with invisible friends?
treading the waters of philosophy and morality.
probably one of the primary reasons for all the BS in regards to the debate.

Is there a debate?

I thought the topic of this thread was settled in 1859.

250px-Origin_of_Species_title_page.jpg

not if you are the type of person that doesn't require a lot of hard evidence and is content with the word of others.

Here is hard evidence of the actual science that is being denied:

uawViF

1. Every species is fertile enough that if all offspring survived to reproduce the population would grow (fact).
  2. Despite periodic fluctuations, populations remain roughly the same size (fact).
  3. Resources such as food are limited and are relatively stable over time (fact).
  4. A struggle for survival ensues (inference).
  5. Individuals in a population vary significantly from one another (fact).
  6. Much of this variation is inheritable (fact).
  7. Individuals less suited to the environment are less likely to survive and less likely to reproduce; individuals more suited to the environment are more likely to survive and more likely to reproduce and leave their inheritable traits to future generations, which produces the process of natural selection (inference).
  8. This slowly effected process results in populations changing to adapt to their environments, and ultimately, these variations accumulate over time to form new species (inference).

Do you deny any of this?

Aqueous Id

Darwin provided a huge volume of evidence back in 1859. And the evidence has been continuing to accumulate voluminously ever since. Leopold seems blissfully (for him) unaware of any of it, and just waves his hand in dismissal, calling it "opinion".

You'll never win a debate with an idiot like that.

Rich

Aqueous Id

Darwin provided a huge volume of evidence back in 1859. And the evidence has been continuing to accumulate voluminously ever since. Leopold seems blissfully (for him) unaware of any of it, and just waves his hand in dismissal, calling it "opinion".

You'll never win a debate with an idiot like that.

Rich

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT!? :cool:

You won't get busted for what I'm asking.
I'm just asking which of these ideas you disagree with.
you asked "Do you deny any of the tenets of evolution posted above under Darwin's picture?"
i said "yes".
i will discuss this no further with you.

It's stupid, plain and simple.

There's no need to appeal to the divine when discussing morality, there's no need to appeal to anything other than survival instinct. Altruism is just another tool for survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back