Very New and need to know.

Mr Anonymous said:
Mmmmm.... (looking up)

So, Gustav doesn't multiple spam then, eh? Impirical... ;)

3 posts replying to 3 different people
justify the "multiple spam", boy!

how desperate must mr anonymous be to score brownie points that he has to invent new definitions for spam

why going by his def....

mmmm....(looking up)
so mr anonymous does not "single spam" then eh?

:cool:

shaman_ said:
No I did not call you crazy. That was your interpretation.

Page 9 of "where is the evidence for alien visitation?"

shaman - Shoddiness? haha You aren't even able to use the quotes properly. Your posts are often a mad ramble!

duendy - oh::beautiful......now i am crazy....perfect?"

Page 10
shaman - No. I was not saying anyone was crazy.

duendy - :good

shaman

this is your moment of truth. you squeak by on a technicality but i rather you be honest with duendy. what is "mad ramble" usually associated with?

mad ramblings of a nutcase...crazy ramblings of a lunatic, ramble on like a crazy person...etc

when duendy made the link, would you say it was not entirely irrational on his part?
ie: you called him crazy

Gustav said:
3 posts replying to 3 different people
justify the "multiple spam", boy!

Certainly. Which particular part of your own sentance there are you having the greater problem with - the numercy aspects or the use of words?

understanding the LIMITS of materialistic science does NOT mean your precious computer, car, and medicines will suddenly 'mentali-ize'...dear. what i mean is tat materialistic science is limited and dismisses FEPTH, and tus is trashin plaet, other peoples human freedoms, and...did you know tat all te gadgets you love shit?...oh yes. there is shit. and heyyyy...guesswhat? its not te good organic shit neither. its toxic shit. and you know who is chosen/forced to live on top of it and near it?...in U.S. in this instance?...why Native Americans, Blacks and Ethnic peoples is who!......materialism hey?...wonder if THEY could mentalize it away. nope

Duendy, I don't know what you mean by "FEPTH".

I was not arguing about the ethics of science, industry, pollution, etc. I was merely pointing out that the materialistic science that you seem so scornful of has produced rather more tangible benefits than the psychic and other fringe (read: kook) communities.

Laika said:
Duendy, I don't know what you mean by "FEPTH".

me::errrrerum...thanks for tacitly pointing that out...IF you followed up posts you might have noticed i quickly rectified that typo....go check.....eg ;"DEPTH'?

I was not arguing about the ethics of science, industry, pollution, etc.

me::::::eek:h right so you separate ethics from materialistic science? well that is true to form...yes

I was merely pointing out that the materialistic science that you seem so scornful of has produced rather more tangible benefits than the psychic and other fringe (read: kook) communities.
no dahlin you readin me wrong. i am not throwin OUT materilistic science. it is an approach which emphasizes measure and analysis, andreductionism......what i A chalenging is when it is sciencism. when it assumoes, pushes, oppresses...with their 'truth'...ie., MATERIALISM....getme?

skinwalker said:
So... does Gustav and the other woo-woos

the ad hom

skinwalker said:
If they or their defenders perceive it to be ad hominem, then they need only demonstrate the truth of their statements and I will gladly revise my characterization and issue apology.

yes i do. well, what statements/claims do you take issue with?

can anyone show me .....

skinwalker said:
Without evidence to back their wild, speculative claims,...

what these are?

for the umpteenth time, justify the fucking woo woo label!

:D

Skinwalker said:
I simply put Gustav on my ignore list.

So Gustav.... That'll be reading you have a problem with as well as literacy and numeracy I take it.

My..... No wonder you have issues. :)

Of course old man, I perfectly understand. Must be horrendously frustrating for you. The urge to lash out, overwhelming. Still, there's plenty of people here who can help, it's just, with you being on Skinwalkers ignore list, spamming questions at him constitutes... Oh, what is that word?

Ah, yes. Spam.

Y'did ask, no need to shoot the messenger...

Take time when reading things, break the words down into sounds if they trouble you too much. It's easy once y'get the hang of it. Assuming, of course, y'ever do....

Toodles ;)

so you separate ethics from materialistic science? well that is true to form...yes

Do you perceive me as acting true to my personal form, or are you assigning me to a general behavioural category? In either case, what is your criteria for judging my form? If the latter, with what kind of people and behaviours are you grouping me?

I think it is possible to separate pure science from ethical issues. Results are results regardless of who conducts the experiments (as long as the conditions are the same). The ways in which the fruits of science are applied do not undermine the scientific process itself. This is not to say that I believe science is practiced in a cultural and political vacuum - I'm not totally naive. But provided an experiment is fair, the motivations behind it are of no consequence to the results. Nor are the intended applications.

i am not throwin OUT materilistic science. it is an approach which emphasizes measure and analysis, andreductionism......what i A chalenging is when it is sciencism. when it assumoes, pushes, oppresses...with their 'truth'...ie., MATERIALISM

I don't think it's fair to lay the blame for ill-conceived, negligent or immoral applications of technology at the feet of "materialistic science". I can think of a few non-scientific, non-materialistic regimes guilty of oppression and the enforcement of their 'truth'.

Mr Anonymous said:
Of course old man, I perfectly understand. Must be horrendously frustrating for you. The urge to lash out, overwhelming. Still, there's plenty of people here who can help, it's just, with you being on Skinwalkers ignore list, spamming questions at him constitutes... Oh, what is that word?

Ah, yes. Spam.

Take time when reading things, break the words down into sounds if they trouble you too much. It's easy once y'get the hang of it. Assuming, of course, y'ever do....

Toodles ;)
mr anonymous: yap yap yap yap yap yap yap

/kick

mr anonymous: yelp yelp yelp yelp yelp yelp

now i fully understand that mr anonymous has limited social skills and experience
which is why he fail to understand that..

a - i may not be on an ignore list
b - if i indeed were, ignored posts are easily expanded with one click
c - my intended audience was not restricted to the quoted poster

you now attempt to demean me by inventing these pathetic little fantasy scenarios. very childlike. like this....

you got a small pee pee
you got a small pee pee

the once pedantic and proud mr anonymous reduced to a mere yapping spectator, relegated to the sidelines while sniping ineffectually with all the gusto of a simpleton

pathetic but an entirely desirable turn of events

Duendy, please forgive me dividing my reply into multiple posts, but I have some more to add. You said:
materialistic science is limited and dismisses DEPTH, and tus is trashin plaet, other peoples human freedoms

I'm still not quite sure what you mean when you say that materialistic science dismisses depth. As to the detriment to the planet and individual freedoms, are you sure it's science that's doing that, rather than people? It's my understanding that human liberty was as much a privilege as a right for a long time before the scientific method was hit upon. It seems people can oppress and exploit just fine without science.

Can I also clarify that we're on the same wavelength regarding the definition of the term "materialistic science"? I take it to mean the pursuit of understanding by evidence-based investigation. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that for you it has more moral connotations.

mr anonoymous

you tried the stalking charge, reported it and fell flat on your face
try the spamming charge. report the posts
perhaps you might have better luck this time around

:)

James R said:
Mr Anonymous:

The only reason I have not already banned Gustav, at least temporarily, is due to your behaviour in the same thread. You have plagiarised his posts several times, giving no indication that the words you posted were not your own. If you wish to quote somebody else, please use the "quote" tag, and acknowledge your source.

Your repetition of Gustav's vulgarities will similarly not be tolerated.

If you have issues with another poster, the best course is to hit the "report" button and let the moderators deal with the troublemaker.

---------

see that? james recommends you report :D

james

Mr Anonymous said:
Em... duendy? In casting ones eyeballs upwards you'll note the multiple block of Gustav posts literally constipating the original discussion to a halt - how exactly is one not supposed to notice the man?

He's just managed to get you're own discussion thread locked down using the same process.

Y'can't actually have discussion anymore once his nibs decides to grace us with his presence.
Mr Anonymous said:
Mmmmm.... (looking up)

So, Gustav doesn't multiple spam then, eh? Impirical... ;)
Mr Anonymous said:
Certainly. Which particular part of your own sentance there are you having the greater problem with - the numercy aspects or the use of words?
Mr Anonymous said:
So Gustav.... That'll be reading you have a problem with as well as literacy and numeracy I take it.

My..... No wonder you have issues. :)
Mr Anonymous said:

Ah, yes. Spam.

Toodles ;)

if mr anonymous quits bitching from the sidelines and making spurious personal attacks, perhaps i could.

Missed this post.
Gustav said:
lots of the ufo cases, investigations into them, the players, are similarly old.
whats the point? should we refrain from saying anything simply because of antiquity?
No I am saying that believers should not discard the work of csicop because they screwed up a case nearly 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Gustav said:
so if someone engages in fallacious argumentation you do not call them on it?
Yes I usually do but I see everyone here name calling and complaining about ad hominem so I don't think it's worth it.

If I pointed out all of duendy's logical fallacies the discussion would move along very slowly so I let a lot go for the sake of the topic.

Gustav said:
your characterizations as immature and extremely boring" are irrelevant.
Well those characterizations were given to explain why I chose not to challenge your posts.

Gustav said:
what is important is...are my charges of ad hom and hypocrisy borne out by evidence?
They probably are but I don't see skinwalker being more guilty than anyone else.

Gustav said:
If being called a woo woo really bothers you I suggest you stop posting in this forum.

justify the label. back the allegation up. assertions with evidence.
are these concepts foreign to you

do that and i will happily get woo woo branded on my ass

can you?
Actually I don't need to. I have never called someone a woo woo.

Gustav said:
shaman

this is your moment of truth. you squeak by on a technicality but i rather you be honest with duendy. what is "mad ramble" usually associated with?

mad ramblings of a nutcase...crazy ramblings of a lunatic, ramble on like a crazy person...etc

when duendy made the link, would you say it was not entirely irrational on his part?
ie: you called him crazy
Sure you can make a link between the two quite rationally. That doesn't change what I said though. I was refering to his posting style.

So no I did not 'squeak by on a technicality'.

Back