Vd

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
I know they call it sexually transmitted diseases, but I call it VD. So all you people hung up on semantics, BITE ME! :p

Anyways, let say someone had an affair a few months ago. When their husband found out, he made that person go to a doctor and get checked out. Nothing. Now that person has VD. Can VD go dormant and then spring up or has that person's husband gotten revenge with their own affair? :shrug:

I know they call it sexually transmitted diseases, but I call it VD. So all you people hung up on semantics, BITE ME! :p
Anyways, let say someone had an affair a few months ago. When their husband found out, he made that person go to a doctor and get checked out. Nothing. Now that person has VD. Can VD go dormant and then spring up or has that person's husband gotten revenge with their own affair? :shrug:

Many STDs lay dormant. HIV doesn't show up for months. Herpes is a lifetime of outbreaks/dormancy. Most STDs have no symptoms from what I've read.

I know they call it sexually transmitted diseases, but I call it VD. So all you people hung up on semantics, BITE ME!
Vd., the way you spelled it in the thread title, is the way Spanish-speaking people write the word usted, which is the polite form of "you." I was going to nail you for starting a linguistics thread on the wrong board. :)

I typed it as VD but it 'corrected' itself. I've seen Usa title as well.

Anyways, I assume herpes and HIV can be dormant. As well as warts. What about syphilis, the clap, clamedia (sp?), others?

yes it can go dormant!

however many people have std's without knowing it, and before you go onto a new partner it is always wise to get checked over! better to be safe than sorry

The doc should test for STDs before delivery. A baby born to a herpes mother can be born with herpes lesions if it goes through the birth canal. Pregnant women with herpes should ALWAYS have a C-section even if there are no signs of an outbreak.

how long can herpes be dormant? can't that hurt a baby if the woman is pregnant?

yes herpes virus can hurt a baby, i am not sure how long it can lie dormant but i know its a while, but getting herpes while pregnant is NOT a good thing to do for mum and baby!

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000398/

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=1103

remembering that herpes are also cold sores!

Herpes?

Most people have some form of Herpes, one form of the virus causes cold sores (and YES that strain can be transmited to the genitals)

No i dont belive herpes has any effect on children but i dont know if it can be passed on. Its quite treatable though and you can have sex with a partner with herpies without contracting it yourself as long as both partners are careful

Hep B and C i belive have a month incubation period (not sure about that though or A). However both A and B can be vacinated against (reminds me that i should have my shots for those, GRRR hate injections)

HIV DOES have a long incubation period

Syphlis is curable with a course of penicilian, I think it shows up early by blood test but sysmptoms can take YEARS to apear

It depends on the disease

Which one did you catch Orealder?

i was just trying to help:p Seriously my partner has the herpies virus (she gets cold sores) and i have never got it. When she has one we are just careful about kissing and other things.

i was just trying to help:p Seriously my partner has the herpies virus (she gets cold sores) and i have never got it. When she has one we are just careful about kissing and other things.

yeah, I was asking about cold sores. :rolleyes:

Back