Universe created by God

This isn't a competition. I'm not arguing. You want me to frame my answers so they will conform to a concept you are holding. It would be like boxing infinity. It can't be done.
Never boxed infinity. I have wrestled with it a few times.

Who is the devil?
The opposite of God? Remember the recalcitrant Angel !
In fact, if we look at any scripture, it becomes clear that there were and still are many gods in the human mind for which no evidence exists, except as displayed in the behavior of a single family of species, the Hominidae.
The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɪdiː/), whose members are known as great apes or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates that includes eight extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean, Sumatran and Tapanuli orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, which includes modern humans and its extinct relatives (e.g., the Neanderthal), and ancestors, such as Homo erectus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

Last edited:
So, I am a sentient part of god? Then, was god sentient before there were sentient organisms?

A motivated intelligence ? Of all interpretations and metaphors, this would seem the least possible state of being before the Beginning, IMO.

Not god so much but a being .

Intelligence is beyond just periodic table elements .

Intelligence uses what is available in the enviroment to manifest forms of life .

Intelligence uses what is available in the enviroment to manifest forms of life .
I follow that line of thinking but for motivated intent.

Pseudo-intelligence can be creative and that does not require sentient motivation, which IMO is the greatest stumbling block in the spiritual approach.

We have evidence that pseudo-intelligence can be creative, without intent. We have no evidence that creation requires the other.

Last edited:
You're not separate from nature, not an independent creature?
:)
Nope. Not an independent creation. We are all part of long ancient process.

I used to say that God and the universe/nature are one in the same. But that just confused people. The word "god" carries too much baggage with it.

river said:

I follow that line of thinking but for motivated intent.

Pseudo-intelligence can be creative and that does not require sentient motivation, which IMO is the greatest stumbling block of the spiritual approach.

We have evidence that pseudo-intelligence can be creative, without intent. We have no evidence that creation requires the other.

Explain both with more detail .

Back