The World is Polytheistic

If there were 3 reasonable people in a room, a Jew, a Muslim and a Hindu and they all claimed that their god is the one and only god then they could only conclude that each of them are worshipping the same god.

If a polytheist then comes in and says that one of his gods named Thor is tossing around lightning bolts outside then what other choice would the other 3 have then to accept that Thor is also their god.

Its either that or the whole world is polytheistic

If there were 3 reasonable people in a room, a Jew, a Muslim and a Hindu and they all claimed that their god is the one and only god then they could only conclude that each of them are worshipping the same god.

If a polytheist then comes in and says that one of his gods named Thor is tossing around lightning bolts outside then what other choice would the other 3 have then to accept that Thor is also their god.

Its either that or the whole world is polytheistic
what is the connection between tossing around lightning bolts and god?

In vedic literature you have vishnu and indra (who is likely to toss around a few lightning bolts)
still there is no confusion over the jurisdiction and potency of both of them

needless to say, your attempt to reduce the scenario to two options certainly reveals your prejudices

My dear lg, the only thing I did was point out to you the point of the OP. Figure it out.

and the only thing I did was point out what is lacking in the OP

No.. you told me I was being prejudice.. apparently for pointing out the OP to you. It seems you now take that back. I'm glad you've woken up now. Please... continue.

well if you speak in agreement with the OP, what does that make you?

I didn't speak in agreement of anything, I merely pointed out the OP to you because you didn't understand it. Comprende?

what is the connection between tossing around lightning bolts and god?

In vedic literature you have vishnu and indra (who is likely to toss around a few lightning bolts)
still there is no confusion over the jurisdiction and potency of both of them

Your MO never changes, I'll give you credit for that. Consider yourself reasonable?

1 little, 2 little, 3 little monotheist religions make the world polytheistic. If you don't agree then denounce the other 2 as false. Regardless, we are talking belief in one all everything god here. That god cannot be anything but one and the same if you believe in monotheism. Forget about the polytheists for now, we don't even need them to increase the one-god total. Just how many one-gods are there in todays world?

Let's fish or cut bait. Do you believe Allah is also your god?

Your MO never changes, I'll give you credit for that. Consider yourself reasonable?

1 little, 2 little, 3 little monotheist religions make the world polytheistic.
if discussing inter-religious issues in monotheism is your focus, why bring in thor?
If you don't agree then denounce the other 2 as false. Regardless, we are talking belief in one all everything god here. That god cannot be anything but one and the same if you believe in monotheism. Forget about the polytheists for now, we don't even need them to increase the one-god total. Just how many one-gods are there in todays world?
like the sun, there is only one - like people's documentation of that experience, there could be many

Let's fish or cut bait. Do you believe Allah is also your god?
certainly
revealed in a certain time, place and circumstance of course

Back