The Veracity of Biblical Prophecy

Name one that has failed.
Isaiah 19:5-7 - Isaiah predicts that the Nile will dry up

"And the waters of the Nile will be dried up, and the river will be parched and dry; and its canal will become foul, and the branches of Egypt's Nile will diminish and dry up, reeds and rushes will rot away. There will be bare places by the Nile, on the brink of the Nile, and all that is sown by the Nile will dry up, be driven away, and be no more."

Isaiah 17:1-2 - Isaiah predicts the destruction of Dmascus

"See, Damascus will cease to be a city, and will become a heap of ruins. Her towns will be deserted forever."

Ezekiel 29:8-12
...thus says the Lord God..and the land of Egypt shall be a desolation and a waste...no foot of man shall pass through it and no foot of beast shall past through it; it shall be uninhabited for forty years. And I will make the city of Egypt a desolation in the midst of desolated countries; and her cities shall be desolated forty years... I will scatter Egyptian among the nations, and disperse them through the countries.

Fine. The Old Testament is OUT. No more of you quoting the OT for anything. Fair?

The 10 commandments, GONE. Ill-treatment of homosexuals, GONE. Talk of Adam and Eve, ENOUGH. Flood-induced lesson, GONE.

If you guys don't believe in the OT, why weigh down your book with it? And why do you ignore Jesus' plea that he came to UPHOLD the laws and prophets, not to overturn them?

My god, you hypocrites want it every which way possible. You pretend that Mary is a virgin, but you point to Joseph as Jesus' father in order to fulfill prophecy! How can people be this brazenly ignorant?!

Jesus emphasized the magnifying of the shadows laid down in the Old Testament into the real types they represent.

Every jot and title still applies and that is exactly what Paul taught in excruciating laborious detail.

The Old Testament is just as much the Word of God as the New Testament, and No Christians teach otherwise that I know of, despite what you may have been told.

The law was always meant to be written on the tablet of flesh in the heart of man.

Jesus emphasized the magnifying of the shadows laid down in the Old Testament into the real types they represent.

Every jot and title still applies and that is exactly what Paul taught in excruciating laborious detail.

The Old Testament is just as much the Word of God as the New Testament, and No Christians teach otherwise that I know of, despite what you may have been told.

The law was always meant to be written on the tablet of flesh in the heart of man.

So, if your kid misbehaves repeatedly, you agree with stoning him/her to death?

IceAgeCivilizations,

My God, there isn't even evidence for Jesus outside of some “selected-by-church-elders-letters-cobbled together sometime in X century depending on which of the Many Bibles you happen to take as Canon"... oh yeah, speaking of which, which century was YOUR Biblical Canon finished?
On What EXACT day and in what exact year?
By exactly Whom?
Where?
Who were the people (their names) that decided what letters would go in it?
How many thousands of letters where burned? Exactly - the number is what?

The Veracity of Biblical Prophecy ... yeah right.

You must think Mormonism is the real deal then - I mean come on, they have all the "Veracity" of your Biblical Prophecy and some ADDED on top!
Geee going to turn Mormon?

For Christ’s sake,

MII

Then again,

Here in the Pentateuch Moses was so utterly clever and had so much Veracity to perform these meraculous Biblical Prophecies that he wrote about his own death in the third person! Hahahahahahaaa …

Deuteronomy 34
So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.

Really it’s kind of funny what people who are raised to be religious will belief. Don’t you agree IceAgeCivilizations?

You do believe that Moses wrote the Pentateuch don’t you?
Well do you?

Damn, Michael. You are making ME feel like a moron and I haven't believed in a deity in 19 years!

Isaiah 19:5-7 - Isaiah predicts that the Nile will dry up

"And the waters of the Nile will be dried up, and the river will be parched and dry; and its canal will become foul, and the branches of Egypt's Nile will diminish and dry up, reeds and rushes will rot away. There will be bare places by the Nile, on the brink of the Nile, and all that is sown by the Nile will dry up, be driven away, and be no more."

Not yet fulfilled. Where does this prophecy give a date for its fulfilment? That’s right it does not. therefore you cannot claim that it is a failed prophecy.

Isaiah 17:1-2 - Isaiah predicts the destruction of Damascus

"See, Damascus will cease to be a city, and will become a heap of ruins. Her towns will be deserted forever."

Yes and it will happen. Maybe in the next few years if Israel uses it’s nuclear weapons against Syria. But again you cannot declare the prophecy a failure because no time was set for it's fulfilment.

Ezekiel 29:8-12
...thus says the Lord God..and the land of Egypt shall be a desolation and a waste...no foot of man shall pass through it and no foot of beast shall past through it; it shall be uninhabited for forty years. And I will make the city of Egypt a desolation in the midst of desolated countries; and her cities shall be desolated forty years... I will scatter Egyptian among the nations, and disperse them through the countries.

Same as for the above. A prophecy not yet come to pass is not a prophecy failed but one yet to happen.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Yes and it will happen. Maybe in the next few years if Israel uses it’s nuclear weapons against Syria. But again you cannot declare the prophecy a failure because no time was set for it's fulfilment.

Which, of course, is the easiest way to virtually guarantee that any damn gibberish you care to write down will "eventually" be confirmed by the appropriate "interpretation" of events.

What a weak construct you believe in. Shame, really.

You do realize that most criminals are religious, yes?

So, if your kid misbehaves repeatedly, you agree with stoning him/her to death?

Jesus said "let he that is without sin, cast the first stone" and stopped them from stoning the prostitute, remember.
It was the ones mis-interpreting the scriptures and gnashing their teeth while mocking God to His face, that surrounded her in the first place with the stones in their hands.

My kids don't mis-behave repeatedly.
They were raised in a home the believes in the Lord.
They treat their elders with respect, and don't pull knives on their teachers, or shoot their fellow classmates.

Could that have something to do with not thinking Britney Spears and 50 cent are role models.?
You see when you send your kids to school, you tell them there is no Santa Claus, or tooth fairy.

We tell ours Santa Claus is like Darwin's therory...government schools have to teach we come from monkeys and that there is no God to not offend atheists and people of other religions, even though most teachers themselves believe otherwise but they have to be silent or they would be fired for speaking the truth.
We tell our kids the truth why they have to pass through metal detectors, how your way of life causes your kids to self destruct, and take others down with them.
We tell our kids how your lack of faith in God is destroying the very fabric of society.

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 23:2
"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Visitor,

Do you believe that this commandment is good?

So far, Ice has not answered this very simple question, will you then? Or if you will not, will my friend Adstar perhaps?

How can any of you believe that this commandment is good? So far, from your silence, I would have to guess that you all agree that it was good and moral to treat a child in this manner. Is that really what you believe, or does something deep inside, perhaps even God Himself, tell you that this commandment is evil?

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Visitor, do you believe that this commandment is good?

There was in Old Testament times a physical difference between two linages....one natural, and one spiritual.
Descendants of Cain and Seth.

The spiritual linage depended upon the Lord for their strength in battle.
The carnal linage depended upon their brute physical strength in battle.

The spiritual side without God was defeated for any transgression because God withdrew His supernatural protection from them.
The story of Achan and the defeat at Ai.
The carnal found out they could use this as a weakness to defeat Israel.
They could bring a curse upon Israel by getting them to intermarry with unbelievers.
The story of Balaam.

While it is never good for believers to marry unbelievers....there is no such law in effect today....the blood of Jesus cleanses all sinners alike, bastard or not.

Last edited:
TheVisitor:

Did you hear me, though? Most people are religious who are criminals. This means they also most likely grew up in religious homes. They "believed in the Lord" and then went out and did crimes.

Religion is not a sign of morality.

Jesus said "let he that is without sin, cast the first stone" and stopped them from stoning the prostitute, remember.
It was the ones mis-interpreting the scriptures and gnashing their teeth while mocking God to His face, that surrounded her in the first place with the stones in their hands.

Then Jesus defied the law of Yahweh concerning stoning people to death.
No mercy was to be shown,remember?:confused:

Yes, and if Isreal does get into a conflict with Syria and nuke Damascus, then their leaders will have most likely done this to bring about the biblical prophecy they believe in.
Voila ..instant fufillment!

There was in Old Testament times a physical difference between two linages....one natural, and one spiritual. Descendants of Cain and Seth.

The spiritual linage depended upon the Lord for their strength in battle.
The carnal linage depended upon their brute physical strength in battle.

The spiritual side without God was defeated for any transgression because God withdrew His supernatural protection from them.
The story of Achan and the defeat at Ai.
The carnal found out they could use this as a weakness to defeat Israel.
They could bring a curse upon Israel by getting them to intermarry with unbelievers.
The story of Balaam.

What does any of this have to do with this verse? Sounds like you are referring to the Racism that exists throughout the pages of the Bible. Do you believe in this kind of Racism, the pre-judging of a person because of their genealogy? Unfortunately it appears that you do!

A bastard is a child born out of wedlock. Please stay in the context of this verse. Why should a child be ostracized because of the actions of his parents? Why should he be punished for the actions of his mother and father? And why are his descendents further held accountable for the actions of these two individuals for 10 generations? Do you really believe in this form of “justice”? Is this what you are trying to teach people? What do you have in your heritage? Should you be blamed for every single evil thing that your descendents have done in the past 10 generations?

While it is never good for believers to marry unbelievers....there is no such law in effect today....the blood of Jesus cleanses all sinners alike, bastard or not.

This verse has nothing at all to do with whether or not believers marry unbelievers. This is a Law regarding bastards, and it has never been repealed, it is in full force today, and you know it! You said this yourself below!

If you want context, check out the verse just before it, Deuteronomy 23:1. What explanation do you have for that little "pearl of wisdom".

Regards

A prophecy not yet come to pass is not a prophecy failed but one yet to happen.

Fine - it didn't occur to me that you would use that sort of argument. Here are some that have more clearly failed:

Ezekiel 26:7-14
"For thus says the Lord: "Behold I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a hosts of many soldiers. He will slay with the sword your daughters on the mainland; he will set up a seige wall against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers...With the hoofs os his horses he will trample all your streets; he will slay your people with the sword and your mighty pillar will fall to the ground...they will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses... I will make you a bare rock...you shall never be rebuilt, for I have spoken," says the Lord God."

When Ezekiel wrote that around 587 BC, it seemed like it would almost certainly come true; Nebuchadnezzar was laying siege to Tyre with a huge army that seemed overwhelmingly powerful. However, after 13 years of siege he finally gave up and went home. So there is no way that this can ever happen, unless you want to propose that Nebuchadnezzar will be brought back to life so that he can raise an army and siege Tyre.

And of course, there's always Mat. 24:34, where Jesus very explicitly says that he will return to the earth for his "second coming" within a generation - which has apparently not happened.

Back