The trap of dogmatic skepticism

In other words - while there appear to be a number of witness accounts that interpret and then conclude such things as "speeds up to mach 2" "no heat exhaust or apparent means of propulsion" and "making very interesting maneuvers" - the AARO has found no evidence that actually supports such witness interpretations as being due to anything exotic.

LOL That's not what he said at all. Here's what he said:

concluded that most sightings were ordinary objects and phenomena and the result of misidentification."

Ok..we already know that. The AARO report already told us it had eliminated most of the uap videos as mundane objects. But what remained were hundreds that could NOT be explained. And of those, the typical profile was of a metallic sphere 1-4 meters travelling at speeds of up to Mach 2.

"The U.S. government shared three recently-declassified UFO videos this week, part of the more than 650 potential sightings that officials are examining.

Sean Kirkpatrick, director of the Defense Department's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), said of that number – about half of them appear to be especially interesting and anomalous."--- https://www.livenowfox.com/news/newly-declassified-ufo-videos-pentagon-tracking-650-potential-cases

it has found no evidence of alien technology in the skies, in space or crashed in the American desert."

Right. So there was no evidence of alien technology. But the metallic spheres remain unexplained and are "seen all over the world."
The report also found “no empirical evidence” for claims that the government and private companies “have been reverse-engineering extraterrestrial technology,”

Right.. Nobody here has claimed otherwise. But the report of the metallic sphere uaps remains unaffected.

So the assessment of the metallic sphere uaps, based on the AARO analysis of hundreds of videos, and that we see these things all over the world, remains solid. It's NOT based on pilot "interpretations" at all. Once again you're trying to twist statements to suit your beliefs that the uap phenomenon doesn't exist.

Interestingly ex-AARO chief Sean Kirkpatrick has come out with a paper since the report speculating that these uaps might be probes sent from alien motherships. Not exotic? Could've fooled me!

Last edited:
From your link:

“It’s perfectly legitimate when you face the unknown to consider what your imagination allows you to consider, and then get data that rules it out or rules it in,” Loeb said.

Loeb acknowledged that there is no evidence to back up the notion that the unknown aircraft are alien probes.

Loeb acknowledged that there is no evidence to back up the notion that the unknown aircraft are alien probes.
Where did he say that?

So what do you think these 1-4 meter metallic spheres that fly up to Mach 2 and are seen all over the world are?

Last edited:
Many of them have been and are going nuts. There was astronomer Allen J Hynek who was converted from skeptic to believer in his decades of studies of ufos as well as reknowned physicist James McDonald.
Alien spaceships are real because a couple of guys converted to the UFO religion? That's a very weak argument you're trying to make, there.
And as the article went over, there are scientific research groups now taking uaps quite seriously and examining evidence for them to actually learn about the phenomenon instead of dismissing it out of hand.
Please link to a few of these scientific research groups you mention. I'd like to look at their stuff. It's got to be better than the dross you serve up.
But the dogmatic skeptics remain persistent and unconvinced even after all these compelling recent encounters with the military are presented.
Yes. The skeptics (there aren't any "dogmatic" ones, as you know) persistently want to do their best to get to the bottom of various UFO reports, as far as that is possible. It's an admirable trait the skeptics have. So is remaining unconvinced until there's good evidence.
Mick West and his followers. The Skeptical Inquirer guys. And just mainstream scientists in general who HAVE to dismiss uaps/ufos because it continues to be mocked and ignored as "woo" and would destroy their careers and peer status if they became associated with it.
I think you overestimate the extent to which belief in your religion would be likely to destroy a scientific career. There are some seriously nutty individuals out there who have scientific credentials, believe me. Some of them manage to hold down a regular job, while persuing the nuttery as a sort of hobby on the side. The have to compartmentalise, of course, because if they tried applying the same standards of proof in their paid scientific work that they apply to their nutty beliefs they would be laughed out of the peer-reviewed scientific establishment (by which I mean, they would lose all credibility and respect from their scientific colleagues). Note well: it's not about what a person believes that matters; it is about whether one is a demonstrably competent scientist.
It is truly tragic and ironic that there are such well-funded programs to find pond scum on some distant planets while the mounting evidence for actual contact with non-human intelligences here on Earth sits right under our noses.
It's about the sensible allocation of limited research funds. Spending time and money chasing fraudsters and liars and the deluded down their rabbit holes is something of a distracting from useful scientific work. As a hobby, it's okay - moderately useful even, as an educational enterprise - but it's unlikely to produce anything of long-term scientific value.
If the real science guys were really so excited by this prospect, they'd be involved in it more just as the US military has gotten itself more involved and serious about it.
Scientists need reliable data, which is more or less absent for the vast majority of UFO reports. The AARO even said that in a recent report, but you probably forgot or ignored it.
Instead, and as evidenced in the uap threads in this forum, there remains huge resistance and denialism that struggles and contorts itself nine ways from Sunday to reduce the whole uap phenomenon to little more than wayward weather balloons, multiple radar glitches, or some fancy never-before-seen drones, ignoring outright all the repeated eyewitness accounts of these things performing maneuvers beyond any human technology.
Your "huge resistance" is really just the careful application of business-as-usual scientific skepticism. In fact, it is you who is "hugely resistant" to reason, as you constantly demonstrate.

Moreover, for somebody to be "in denial", there must be some set of facts or state of affairs which is real and objectively verifiable, but which the person refuses to acknowledge. On that definition, the only person in denial here is you, because you constantly refuse to acknowledge that the actual state of the evidence for alien spaceships is that, for the most part, it is of extremely low quality, marred by often insurmountable issues surrounding verification and reliability.

Also, I see you are telling lies about "eyewitness" statements being "ignored". Clearly, they aren't being and haven't been ignored by the skeptics. On the contrary, they have been given careful consideration and have been evaluated and weighed up with all the other available evidence, as befits any careful skeptical investigation. You should stop telling lies.
Although I have seen some glimmer of hope for honest consideration among science guys like you and Vat, James R continues to lead his little pack of stubborn naysayers setting the tone for the very topic of uaps/ufos as nothing more than superstitious bunk.
You're over-egging the pudding. Deliberately so, because you're a troll and a confirmed serial liar when it comes to this stuff.

I, for one, have never claimed that "the very topic of uaps/ufos is nothing more than superstitious bunk". You are fully aware of this, but nevertheless you lie about it.

Once again, you find yourself skating on very thin ice with your continual trolling. Watch your step. You might fall through again.
The question is this, are you willing to forgo the ingroup rewards of continuing to remain a loyal dogmatic skeptic here, or will you risk ridicule and insults and even being banned like I have, venture out and think for yourself, and examine the evidence with a truly unbiased and agnostic mind like Yazata has?
You say this as if the question of whether alien spaceships are visiting Earth or not is to be decided by some kind of popularity contest - a vote by the gullible and deluded, against the sensible and rational. Who knows who'd win such a vote? But it doesn't matter, because that's not how what is real and what isn't is actually decided.

Please link to a few of these scientific research groups you mention. I'd like to look at their stuff. It's got to be better than the dross you serve up.

Last edited:
The difficulty there will be in quantifying the quality of evidence and in deciding what quantity/quality level constitutes "sufficient evidence". That's typically going to be a very individual matter, since the 'sufficiency' here typically means 'sufficient to persuade me'.
Actually, for the most part, there is widespread agreement in the scientific and rational-thinking communities about what kinds of evidence constitute sufficient evidence for the existence of something, or more generally for the truth of a proposition. After all, we've had literally thousands of years as an intelligent species to work some of this stuff out.

What's a little strange here is your willingness to throw out the sort of critical thinking you claim to pride yourself on, just as soon as something comes along that you really want to believe is true, presumably for emotional or social reasons.
And since that in turn is a personal/subjective matter, it will usually be a function of what our beliefs were going in.
Is that a door we see in front of us? How are we to decide? Maybe we could look at it, or touch it, or try knocking on it, or trying opening it and walking through it.

Or maybe we should just step back and carefully evaluate our prior beliefs. Are doors something we ought to believe in? Have we ever seen anything like a door before? What are the chances that doors have evolved, somewhere in the universe? What are the chances that doors are visiting Earth? I hear some people took some photos of doors; maybe we should look at those, although some of them are admittedly a bit out of focus. Let us ask ourselves: are we emotionally and intellectually ready to discover whether this is a door? Have we, perhaps, concluded before any investigation that doors can't possibly exit? Surely not! That would be so closed-minded, although I've heard some people say that there are dogmatic skeptics who won't admit there are doors, no matter what. But me and you (especially you) are much more open to the weird other-worldly possibility that doors might exist. We haven't dismissed the possibility out of hand.

Look, let's just walk away, but bear in mind the possibility that this could be an actual, true-to-life door in front of us. If only there was some way we could be more confident about whether this one is actually a door. Oh well. Let's leave.
It will take a lot more to persuade somebody to accept the reality of something whose existence he/she doesn't already accept (for me, ghosts) than it will to persuade somebody of the reality of something that they already accept and perhaps expect.
Generally, I find that it doesn't take very much persuading at all to talk somebody into believing in the reality of something they already believe is real. Funny, that.
In other words, our worldview going in will inevitably bias our perception of the "sufficiency" of any evidence that challenges those preexisting assumptions.
Coming back to earth for a moment, consider the fact that you - Yazata - don't actually currently believe that alien spaceships are visiting Earth. That's right, isn't it?

I guess you don't believe because your perceptions are biased. Is that a fair statement? It seems to be what you're saying.
In some cases the bar is set impossibly high, such that all possibility of error must first be eliminated, before we are willing to even entertain the possibility that what we are faced with might conceivably be something challenging.
Really? Some cases, eh?

Which cases?

Can you give one example of where a reasonable skeptic has set the bar impossibly high, such that all possibility of error must first be eliminated, etc. etc.?

Has anyody here, on sciforums, set such an impossibly high bar, in any conversation you have participated in? Got an example?

There will be tremendous resistance even to exploring the possibility hypothetically, until the impossible conditions are met.
That all sounds very speculative and hypothetical, to me. Tremendous resistance to even exploring the possibility hypothetically?

Do you have any real-world examples of that sort of thing going on? Any from your own experience here on sciforums?
It's an interesting question whether a suitably advanced science would be capable, even in principle, of eventually answering all questions. I'm inclined to think 'no'.
Yes, it's an interesting question. Also a more or less irrelevant one to a question like "Was the tic tac reported by Commander Fravor an alien spaceship?" That's a much more down-to-earth question than one that inquires as to the epistemological limits of science.
Science is very good at describing and correlating various perceived regularities in our empirical sense experience.
That makes it useful for analysing UFO reports.
But it seems (to me anyway, others are free to disagree) that science is getting out of its depth when it is asked to justify its own most basic assumptions.
A topic for another thread, perhaps. I don't see what this has to do with "dogmatic skepticism".
But that doesn't seem to me to apply to the most extraordinary UAP reports. They are mysteries of a lesser nature I guess. So even if we assume that the reports of anomalous aerospace performance (thousands of Gs accelerations, no aerodynamic shocks or turbulence) are accurate (we don't know that, but can entertain it as a possibility without all the rude "skeptical" dismissiveness) the possibility certainly remains that more advanced physics and engineering could explain them. That means that even if no scientific explanation is available to us, today, it doesn't imply that a scientific explanation isn't out there somewhere, waiting to be found. It's a problem of a different nature than that of providing ultimate foundations.
So, after all that, we again find ourselves in agreement, more or less.

What was your complaint, again?

I am unclear how one goes about "confirming" audio or video or eyewitness accounts of paranormal activity.
It's a bit like determining the provenance of a painting.

One needs to verify the original creator of the piece and then trace the ownership of the work through all of its owners, taking into account any alterations that may have been made along the way. The aim is to minimise the chance of fraud.

What would constitute adequate confirmation of any such evidence at all such that skeptics would accept it as genuine evidence?
The existence of supporting physical evidence and the like, such as rational people all use as a matter of course to verify the existence of literally everything else we accept to be real.
The evidence will always more or less hang on the credibility of the eyewitnesses and/or the videographer.
Which will never prove that an alien spaceship was actually present, on its own, though a really good video might be quite persuasive. Sadly, the usual run-of-the-mill UFO video is a travesty of poor camera work that typically shows an indistinct something apparently in the far distance.
There always has to be a good faith presumption of innocence on our part that there is no motive to lie or hoax or confabulate the evidence by its source.
Not always. This is why provenance is important. For instance, if a video on the internet comes from a source known to be unreliable or to have a history of fraud or a vested interest in propagating a lie, that fact alone will tend to seriously undermine any claims to authenticity that might be made by that source.
But here's a stunning exception to all that. These are actual audio/video recordings of a little girl ghost named Jackie known to haunt the pool room of the docked ship The Queen Mary.
This distraction has no place in this thread. Take that nonsense to a different thread.

But I still know uaps to be a real and empirically confirmed phenomenon, in all of its crazy forms and baffling expressions. Can you see how that is possible?
Note the weasel words.

A UAP is literally an unidentified thing. It's right there in the first initial.

Unidentified things are not "confirmed phenomena". Once something is identified as an example of a known phenomenon (even if previously unknown), then it becomes "confirmed". Never before that.

Certainly, the existence of UAP reports is a "confirmed phenomenon". The existence of alien spaceships visiting Earth, not so much. The weasel words lie in the deliberate conflation of this important distinction.

The mere fact that they appear to be attested by multiple trained observers, with radar and photographic corroboration, makes me take them seriously.
You and the rest of the skeptical community, more generally. We all give them the level of serious consideration that they warrant, as you know.
The fact that similar events reportedly have happened thousands of miles and years apart, make me even more inclined to take them seriously.
Why?

Human beings tend to talk to one another and share information, often over large distances. They are known for sharing stories - even ones that aren't true.
That's reasonable I guess.

The thing is, I don't want to let my own beliefs about how unlikely space-alien visitations might be (something I have no way of really knowing) bias me to the point where I just summarily dismiss the better attested and corroborated sighting reports just because I make the mistake of leaping to the conclusion that they can only have one explanation that I happen to not believe in.
Nobody wants to do that, as you know.

Who are these unnamed people who "summarily dismiss the better attested and corroborated sighting reports", pray tell? Have any of them ever posted on sciforums?

We have no real reason to assume that the UAP sightings must be alien spacecraft...
Correct.

Despite your repeated gripes about skeptics you don't like, this is what it all boils down to. You agree with the skeptical consensus on this. You're not quite the rebel you think you are.

Some will hate me saying this, but we can't just dismiss the more problematic elements of a sighting report as presumptively false just because we don't have an explanation for it ready at hand that's consistent with our preexisting assumptions.
Who are these people who will hate you for saying that? Are any of them here on sciforums?

We could ask them whether they hate you for saying that. How do you think that would go?
There are times in life when we have to admit that we don't know what something is.
Yes, and times where we shouldn't pretend we know what something is, when really we don't know. I'm sure you agree.
I see those moments potentially as occasions for learning and for growth.
Oh, so do I. So do I.

Last edited:
Problem is dogmatic skeptics such as you aen't really objectively analyzing the phenomenon at all in a sincere attempt to understand it.
What's not understood?

There are a lot of fuzzy photos and videos of lights and stuff, apparently in the sky. Not a single one has yet been confirmed to be an alien spaceship or an interstellar ghost, because the evidence is lacking to establish any such extraordinary claim.

The "phenomenon" of people nevertheless believing that such things are real, despite the lack of evidence, is a very real and interesting one which has seen quite a bit of objective analysis over the years. Similarly, the urge on the part of certain believers to tell knowing lies and to defraud others is a very real and well-documented phenomenon that has had quite a lot of attention.

Is there something else that is not understood by the many very smart people who have studied the UFO "phenomenon" in all its aspects?

Do you know something they don't?
You are only interested in debunking every uap sighting...
Certainly, any serious investigator of these things ought to try his hardest to "debunk" any claim that an alien spaceship visited Earth. That's business as usual for a scientific/skeptical investigation. It's what every critical thinker does in approaching any extraordinary claim. It's what they should do, because doing this has a proven track record of getting to the truth.

The "method" of just believing whatever somebody else tells you has, on the contrary, a long and proven track record of leading literally millions of people into serious error, often to their own personal detriment.
It would be equivalent say to someone claiming they are analyzing the phenomenon of dark energy objectively when they are really trying to prove that dark energy doesn't exist at all.
It would indeed. This is precisely what a lot of scientists are currently trying to do, in regards to "dark energy". They are working day and night to try to "debunk" the idea that dark energy is a real thing that actually exists. This is business as usual for science. It has a proven track record of getting closer to the truth than any other method that has been tried.
I suppose that's all well and good for someone who calls themselves a skeptic.
Indeed. Very well and good! You, too, should try thinking critically, some day.
But don't pretend you are contributing anything at all to the scientific investigation and theorization of the phenomenon itself.
What phenomenon?
IOW, you can't really analyze and find answers about something you basically deny exists.
Pardon me? It sounds like you're alleging that there is something or other than exists, which skeptics/scientists deny exists, but which somebody else (you?) has proven exists.

What would that be?

Last edited:
So when the Pentagon's own AARO chief concludes after an extensive analysis of hundreds of uap videos and accounts that the most common profile for them are metallic spheres 1-4 meters in diameter that travel at speeds up to Mach 2, that "we see these all over the world", that they have no heat exhaust or apparent means of propulsion, and that they are seen making "very interesting maneuvers", would you say he is being gullible too?
You saw the words "videos and accounts" in there, right?

The AARO chief, as you are fully aware, reported on the common features of various accounts (reports, videos, photographs etc.)

What don't you understand about that?

Stop clowning. Your pretence at being the village idiot, repeatedly, on this particular point, is wearing thin.

Last edited:
I can't speak for MR, but as for me, I don't currently have an explanation.
It sounds like you don't even have a hypothesis that you think is more likely than any other.
My assertion in these threads is merely that some of these sighting reports need to be taken seriously.
Job done, then. Lots of people have taken, and are taking, these reports seriously, including quite a few of us right here on sciforums.

The US government and the military have spent lots of money investigating some of these things. What's not being taken seriously enough for your liking?
When there are multiple trained observers and when their accounts are corroborated by radar and photographic evidence, and when these kind of events appear to have occurred on more than one occasion, then I personally think that there is good reason to believe that something extraordinary was physically happening.
The words "something extraordinary" are weasel words, too.

Do you mean merely that the fact that some people reported their experiences in some official way is "something extraordinary"? Because, clearly, it is, literally out of the ordinary for people to do that.

Or do you mean that you personally believe that the subject matter of those reports points strongly to actual existence of alien spaceships or something previously unknown to human knowledge? That truly would be "something extraordinary", but in a very different way.

I think you like to deliberately conflate these two different ideas - that you're trying to be deliberately vague as to what you mean, because you're wary about making yourself look silly by making claims about UFOs that you can't support with convincing evidence. Am I right?
I have speculated (largely to myself) about what it might be, but those are just wild-ass speculations until and unless more information becomes available.
It sounds like I'm right.
So that's where we are currently at - we have good reason to believe that some kind of unknown physical phenomenon is occurring, but we won't know what it really is until we learn a lot more.
Please list your "good reasons" for believing that, and why you believe they are good reasons. We can discuss.
Which we will never do if we just dismiss the whole subject with a reflexive knee-jerk as "woo", based on our own preexisting beliefs and prejudices about the subject.
Does that ever happen, though? Has it ever happened here on sciforums? Dismissing "the whole subject" reflexively as "woo"?

It looks to me like we've had an ongoing discussion of the subject, in detail, over years on this forum. I'm not wrong, am I?
What's next is to try to gather more information about the anomalous (in the sense of contrary to expectation) phenomenon.
It's been 70 years, so far, since the original flying saucer flap in the 1950s.

You'd think the UFO Believers would have gathered some more persuasive information by now, wouldn't you? But they just don't seem to approach the subject in a very systematic way. Funny about that. It's almost as if a lot of them don't think critically about it, or apply scientific methods to trying to get to the bottom of things.
It would seem to me that in order for 'analysis' to occur, we would need to avoid knee-jerk dismissals of the entire phenomenon. Biased and prejudicial words like 'woo' will have to go. Character assassination of those making the reports (or anyone taking the reports seriously) will have to stop.
I agree that none of those things is desirable. Words like "woo", however, are not prejudicial. Not when I use them, anyway. I only use that term post-judgment, not pre-judgment.

LOL That's not what he said at all.
You are right to be nervous as you, again, tell a knowing lie, hoping you will get away with it.

DaveC directly quoted the AARO report. So your claim that "that's not what he said at all" is a demonstrable lie.

Who on earth do you imagine you're fooling with that nonsense?
Right. So there was no evidence of alien technology. But the metallic spheres remain unexplained and are "seen all over the world."
Reports come in from all over the world. There are no confirmed cases of "metallic spheres". Just reports of things that look a bit like metallic spheres.

You are fully aware of this. Yet you repeatedly lie about it.
So the assessment of the metallic sphere uaps, based on the AARO analysis of hundreds of videos, and that we see these things all over the world, remains solid. It's NOT based on pilot "interpretations" at all.
Another blatant lie. All claims that unidentified aerial phenomena are, in fact, "metallic spheres" are based on "interpretations" by various people, pilots included. Because none of these unidentified things has yet been identified as a metallic sphere. If one had been, it would no longer be an unidentified phenomenon, by definition.
Interestingly ex-AARO chief Sean Kirkpatrick has come out with a paper since the report speculating that these uaps might be probes sent from alien motherships. Not exotic? Could've fooled me!
I haven't looked at the linked article yet. If I look at it, will I find that Sean Kirkpatrick is expressing his personal belief that some UAPS are probes sent from an alien mothership? Or will I find that Sean Kirkpatrick believes no such thing?

Can you be honest, Magical Realist, or have you got to the point where you merely twist the truth and tell deliberate lies, like the troll you've become?

So what do you think these 1-4 meter metallic spheres that fly up to Mach 2 and are seen all over the world are?
As you are fully aware, nobody has yet confirmed the existence of a single 1-4 metre metallic sphere that flies at Mach 2.

All we have is some reports and claims that some people saw some things that look a bit like metallic spheres, and that some of those people have estimated/guessed/speculated that maybe the metallic spheres were flying at mach 2.

Please confirm that you understand this.

Interestingly ex-AARO chief Sean Kirkpatrick has come out with a paper since the report speculating that these uaps might be probes sent from alien motherships. Not exotic? Could've fooled me
My bold above.
YOU HAVE FOOLED YOURSELF.
MR has a time machine and is getting his dates mixed up.

The AARO report volume one. Public release date 6th March 2024.
Date of Magical Realist’s link “Politico” article 14th April 2023.

That “Politico” article gives a link to Sean Kirkpatrick’s paper, that paper is dated 7th March 2023.
Link to kirkpatrick joint paper:

From the AARO report volume 1: March 2024.
"AARO found no evidence that any USG investigation, academic-sponsored research,
or official review panel has confirmed that any sighting of a UAP represented extraterrestrial
technology. All investigative efforts, at all levels of classification, concluded that most sightings
were ordinary objects and phenomena and the result of misidentification. Although not the focus
of this report, it is worthwhile to note that all official foreign UAP investigatory efforts to date
have reached the same general conclusions as USG investigations."
What is ruling out the silvers spheres being a foreign state's technology?

Last edited:
Where did he say that?
I copied and pasted directly from the link you posted. Did you not read your own link?

EDIT: I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but crap like this is one of the reasons I believe you to be a troll rather than merely gullible.

Last edited:
Ok..we already know that. The AARO report already told us it had eliminated most of the uap videos as mundane objects. But what remained were hundreds that could NOT be explained.
But also not alien technology or reverse-enigneered technology.

... it has found no evidence of alien technology in the skies, in space or crashed in the American desert."
... “no empirical evidence” for claims that the government and private companies “have been reverse-engineering extraterrestrial technology,

To recognition that a question very likely exists. An unknown, a mystery, call it what you will.
OK. Granted. Everyone's Looking into it, professional and amateurs alike.
So, what's your gripe again?

What's next is to try to gather more information about the anomalous (in the sense of contrary to expectation) phenomenon.
OK. Granted. Looking into it.
So, what's your gripe again?

To be clear, no one here dismisses quality UAP accounts without serious consideration. What we do dismiss is zero-quality accounts (such as MR's blobs of light) and the magical thinking that makes him conclude such blobs of light cannot possibly be mundane. We're tired of the trolling. Aren't you? Don't you think a better effect on this topic would be achieved by separating the serious discussion from the trolling?

It would seem to me that in order for 'analysis' to occur, we would need to avoid knee-jerk dismissals of the entire phenomenon. Biased and prejudicial words like 'woo' will have to go.

When is the last time anyone knee-jerk dismissed the entire phenomenon? When is the last time anyone applied the term 'woo' to the entire phenomenon (as opposed to some of the sillier things our resident enthusiast has posted recently, such as passenger ships haunted by the ghosts of little girls)?

When is the last time any skeptic here failed to analyze a promising and data-rich account to the best of our ability?

Don't you think it's time to catch up to the thread's current progress?

I'll tell you what. I'll see if skeptics will drop the blanket woo pejorative, the moment you drop The Big Lie that 'skeptics have a pre-existing bias to knee-jerk dismiss any UAP account'. Deal?

Character assassination of those making the reports (or anyone taking the reports seriously) will have to stop.
MR does not take these reports seriously. He is doing the opposite of taking them seriously. He recently posted a comment about a passenger ship haunted by the ghost of a little girl. Don't you think your criticism of bad behaviour around this subject is just a little lopsided? I don't see you taking MR to task over his trolling.

Nor do I see you pushing for exploring any explanations. You espouse no theories, and you contribute no analysis toward theories.
Tell us again that your agenda isn't simply to keep these phenomena from being understood - that you want them to stay mysterious. Better yet, show us. Why not put some money where your mouth is?

Yazata: it's all right to have beliefs. you can believe there is really some mystery to these UAPs - even if you don't know what it is. But this isn't "The Belief" forum. If you can't espouse your theory (let alone defend it) just how much ink do you think it is worthy of (especially in the thread entitled "explanations of UAPs")?

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you are unwilling (or unable) to step up and put some skin in the game, doesn't it behoove you to say "Well, I've stated what I believe, and I have nothing else, so I guess that's me, done"?

Last edited:
Please do not troll.
As you are fully aware, nobody has yet confirmed the existence of a single 1-4 metre metallic sphere that flies at Mach 2.

Sure they have. I'm not going to keep repeating this while you continue to lie about it. But one more time for the record: the AARO reviewed hundreds of videos of uaps and found that the typical profile for them was a metallic sphere 1-4 meters in diameter that flies at speeds up to Mach 2 at 30,000 ft and that are seen all over the world. That's pretty damn specific for not confirming their existence. And that's what they reported to Congress. They even provided a few examples of said metallic spheres in some videos they showed to them.

All we have is some reports and claims that some people saw some things that look a bit like metallic spheres, and that some of those people have estimated/guessed/speculated that maybe the metallic spheres were flying at mach 2.

Not "looked a bit like" or "estimated/guessed/speculated" anything. You're making up weasel words they never said. The AARO reviewed hundreds of reports AND videos of these things. They confirmed their existence. That's why he could say with confidence that "we see these all over the world". And we have videos and photos of these same metallic spheres, So quit making shit up, It's a fact now you'll just have to get used to.

Last edited:
I copied and pasted directly from the link you posted. Did you not read your own link?

EDIT: I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but crap like this is one of the reasons I believe you to be a troll rather than merely gullible.

Never said there was no evidence for the proposed alien probes of their paper. But then you know this don't you? So why am I wasting my time with you?

Back