The Right to kill

There are some people in the world that don’t have a lot of options. I know people that joined the U.S military to escape extreme poverty. I also know people that left Israel because they weren’t comfortable with the fact that their government would one day force their child to join the military. Most soldiers are fully aware of the fact they are nothing more than pawns in the game of life, but some do it to avoid going to prison, and others do it so they can afford to have a roof over their head and put food on their table.

Of course they think about the people that they killed. Haven’t you ever heard about soldiers that suffer from depression and post traumatic stress syndrome?

Yes, I assume from previous posts that people sign up for ideology and money. But there are other options for ideology and money. Why pick killing? Thats what I do not comprehend.

I assume many Israelis do not have the choice as they have compulsory service. I suppose that explains that the highest cause of mortality in the IDF is suicide. They do not sign up for it. So its a different scenario.

My friend joined the Army because he had to quit his job and was going through a personal crisis. He couldn't find another job. He is also not too crazy about human beings, although in practice he's very kind (a vegan and environmentalist), religious too (a believer anyway, but hates organized religion). He once said he would never eat animal meat, but if he was starving he might eat human, because humans suck.

My friend joined the Army because he had to quit his job and was going through a personal crisis. He couldn't find another job. He is also not too crazy about human beings, although in practice he's very kind (a vegan and environmentalist), religious too (a believer anyway, but hates organized religion). He once said he would never eat animal meat, but if he was starving he might eat human, because humans suck.

Funny. Hitler was a vegetarian... He called stew "corpse tea".

An Indian politician, fearing Hitler, made videos of people being chased down by tigers and eaten. After the Tigers ate the people, other people came in and killed the tigers. Hitler watched with enthusiasm while the people were being killed, but had to avert his eyes in disgust when the tigers were killed.

(Godwin alert)

I don't get it, how would that video be an appropriate response to Hilter?

The Indian guy was trying to befriend him. He was afraid of Hitler attacking India, so he thought that sending him some fucked up videos would appease him.

Who was this Indian?

I know a lot of PETA people who would fry humans to save animals.

So because they were unsuccessful they decided to kill people for a living? Thats weird.

When you see a person killed by violence up close, you can smell their flesh and blood, see parts of their body that are usually covered by skin and bone. Its revolting [I saw a man whose arm had been pulled off in a traffic accident]. I can understand doing it once, how do you do it again?

Is everyone in India's military dumb? Are you saying that every person in every military is dumb?

Those who stay in long enough to make it to ;officer' really have their stuff together. Then you have your patriotic people too.

Yeah, because they are going to try and reverse the process, not hasten it. But doctors suffer over every lost patient and also have high suicide rates.

Speaking of doctors, they kill something like 300K Americans a year...

There is one right to kill, and that is in defence of killing to save yourself from another genuine attack. But that should be the only condition.

No matter who they are, rapists, child molesters, and theifs, we should rise above them, and make them suffer, rather than retain for them what they want most... death itself.

But if one talks about themselves, instead of reflecting on other conditional situations, then it shows that we should try and make as much logic for our own concsience. If not, then we loose what we mean about the cost of life.

So when you have a job of killing people, you just do it. You take a weapon, aim it at people and after they are dead, go home and relax in front of the TV with a beer. The people who died, with families and dependents or perhaps as in the case of bombers, the civilians and children who died, are "just a job"?

I said that people go into the military for jobs, which doesn't always mean killing others. Many parts of the military like doctors, nurses, truck drivers, cooks, etc., all don't kill in order to work within the military. I'd like to point out that terrorists groups don't have that type of infrastructure and are just hired to "kill" as you state, unlike that of many other military forces around the world.

What makes a man sign up to kill other people?

How does a person point a weapon at another person they do not even know, kill them and go home to a "normal" life?

How do they justify taking away someone's right to life?

You mean like the people who kill people on death row? I also wonder about people at the pound who kill pet after pet. How can they do that for so long?

So you would do it to save your country? If your family was killed by someone who was doing it to save their country, like its happening in Iraq for instance, you would be alright with it?

Well, that is tricky. An Iraqi who sees his family killed in effort to save iraq obviously has insurgents as family members. The insurgents are doing their best to kill other Iraqi's in order to destabilize the area. So your question is kind of twisted.

What if someone you loved was killed by someone else who did it for money?

Depends. professional hitman killed a loved one, I'd want justice on the hitman who did it and hired the hitman. We're in a war and some soldier popped the loved one I'd just want to win and take it out of the governement on the other side of the war, I would not blame the other soldier, he was just defending his fellow soldiers.

Back